• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Knocked out on the third round of the FA Cup by West Ham. No doubt the board will go apeshit at me. Still, top and undefeated should shut them up. Having trouble shifting a few players out on loan too - They just refuse all offers. Do I try and flog them or leave them to rot for a half-season or so as they won't get regular first-team football with me?

Has anyone on here offered an ultimatum and if so, how does it play out? - I'm selling out the now-50k capacity Molineux and I want a bigger or new ground to play my beautiful football in.

How do you offer players ultimatums?

He means a board ultimatum if they don't want to expand the ground.

Season 4

I've managed to get Wolves into the Europa League and also finished on my highest points tally so far. Still hit and miss and a mile off the top 5, but had a little success tweaking my formation against the top clubs. Gylfi once again my star man and the best average rating in the Premier League.

I didnt spend a great deal this season and hoped to mold an 11 and I think I did that brilliantly this season

League Table
524045_10150888069366787_298591340_n.jpg

My main 11
559334_10150888084581787_1451914862_n.jpg

Premier League Stats
539732_10150888070296787_1803371919_n.jpg

Star Man
293722_10150888071046787_1203954325_n.jpg

Top Goalscorer
577292_10150888071756787_48248580_n.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible!

Champions League round of 16, and as noted above we've been drawn against Real Madrid.

Off to the Bernabeu we go and before we know it we're 4-0 down with 65 minutes still to go. Shit. I change to a counter attacking style and we manage to pull one back right on the stroke of half time through Fierro. We then grab a second through my midfield maestro Souza, curling one in deliciously from the edge of D. We're well on top now but are unable to find another and in the very last second Higuain rattles the post, meaning the game ends 4-2.

The return leg at Molineux starts wonderfully, with a peach from my Argentine/Italian striker after only 25 seconds. We're once again well on top, but get hit by a very scruffy goal from Real's right back, nodding in at the far post after a free kick from out wide was deflected. We then regain the advantage, with Souza popping up again, with an almost identical goal to his one at the Bernabeu. 2-1 Wolves on the night, but 5-4 Real on aggregate as we head towards half time, only for Mbiwa to score a thumping header from a corner, to score Real's second away goal and surely send them through..... (Wolves 4-6 Real)

This time we manage to defend a Real corner and hit them on the counter, with three one touch passes and a first time finish into the bottom right hand corner. There's 40 minutes to go, and Wolves need another to send the game into extra time and it arrives in the 79th minute. The game had settled down, with Real probably edging it on possession, bossed by Ian Keegan, their £30m purchase from Wolves at the beginning of the season.

We were getting frustrated, and I could see an exit at this stage for the second consecutive year until an absolute stunner from Chaveirinho! A corner is played short, he runs on to it and lashes it home at the near post, bending wickedly around all the defenders and leaving the keeper with no chance. Wolves 6 - 6 Real with 10 to go. We nick the ball from kick off, and Souza burst through the midfield and lets fly from all of 40 yards, it looks to be flying in until it cannons back off the bar.

The 90th minute arrives, and I've pulled the team back slightly to take extra time but the Wolves boys have other ideas. That man Souza picks it up on the halfway line and plays an exquisite diagonal through ball between the centre half and left back, it's taken down by Chaveirinho, who evades the challenge of one and then appears to have done too much only to slide it past the onrushing keeper!

Wolves 7-6 Real Madrid

Probably the best two games I've witnessed on any FM.

You should fine them for ignoring your instructions.

Things are still going well at Solihull as i approach the end of season run-in, got some big games coming up though and i've gained quite a problem with fixture congestion thanks to my good progression in the cups...

SolihullMoorsFixtures_Fixtures.png

Won the 22/23 title on goal difference from Man United, who are building a decent squad again. Regained the Champions League with a 1-0 ET victory over Barcelona but no success in the FA or League Cup.

I've got a pretty poor success rate in the FA Cup, I've only won it once compared to 7 titles, 4 Champions Leagues, 3 League Cups, 6 Community Shields, 3 European Super Cups and 3 World Club Cups.

I've found the FA cup unusually hard as well.

Third consecutive PL title and the fucking board cancel the youth development programme a month before it was due to complete! Bastards!

I won the FA cup from the Championship last season, I've got a semi-final coming up against United this season too but I expect to lose.

Anyone ever give wing-backs a go? I think I'm going to try moving to having WB's as part of my formations. Having a very hard time finding widemen, a very easy time finding midfielders, and have a stable of world-class CB's. Add an extra fantastic defender in the middle, use my WB's for crossing/flank control, and still maintain the few different attacking formations I've built my squad around...

Third consecutive PL title and the fucking board cancel the youth development programme a month before it was due to complete! Bastards!

Same happened to me this year. Was broke for about 2 weeks after the season before we got TV money; lost a coach and cancelled my almost complete upgrades. Now to start over again... 18 month project. Ugh.

Last edited:
I've got £250m in the bank! The board love me. I've sold £100m of players again in this close season without disrupting my first team at all. That's five seasons on the bounce now I think. Not sure where all the money is going though, as without it we'd be in the red every season.

I use a flat back four, but my right back is set up as a wing back.

I've only had one decent player come through the academy anyway, we've just rejected a £19m bid from Man United for him. I've already sold them two players this summer.

The board don't have a problem forgetting things. The Rom's doing way above expectations, money building up about 10 games to go and looking at the very least to be in the Play Offs to go up to the Conference and they still have the hump about the Championship Amatch (Evo Stick North v South winners) I lost in August

I've got £250m in the bank! The board love me. I've sold £100m of players again in this close season without disrupting my first team at all. That's five seasons on the bounce now I think. Not sure where all the money is going though, as without it we'd be in the red every season.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. My first year not being in the red and even have a $120m transfer budget, but I got that way selling a number of high-class players. My finances are dwindling through the season and I'm not sure how to become more profitable. Maybe start buying classy players on free's, absorbing the agent fees and wages, then selling them 6 months later? Damn I should start doing that anyways...

I know the wage bill is out of control; spending about $8-9m a month on salaries. Need to start negotiating down appearance fees... Or are the rest of you in a similar spot?

I use a flat back four, but my right back is set up as a wing back.

I'm going to try a 3 CB 2 WB formation. Then again, I'm having my most successful defensive season so far with a flat 4... only 15 goals allowed through to February.

I've only had one decent player come through the academy anyway, we've just rejected a £19m bid from Man United for him. I've already sold them two players this summer.

For years my team starved on the recruits that came to us and I had to buy them... Just last season got 2 very good prospects to try out on their own. Hope it's a trend.

I'm losing money month to month, but breaking into a profit once prize monies etc is paid out at the end of the season. Two more seasons until our new ground is ready though - getting attendances bigger than 12507 will help! My squad is amazing now, though. I'm right on the cusp of European dominance now, we're so strong, just need to win one, and it'll break the seal, so to speak.

I've not produced a youngster capable of playing in the first team though, excluding kids I've bought. Impossible to get my board to spend on facilities though, so it's not likely to change.

I could really do with a new stadium, I sell out 50k every week and we've got shit loads of money in the coffers, but I can't even ask the board for it. I've got a £350m transfer budget FFS!

I didn't want to sell half of the players I have, but most just wouldn't have got a game for me. One of them scored 37 for Heerenveen last season, after three seasons of 20+ in the Championship and I took £15m off Spurs for him. Similarly, an Australian central midfielder I picked up for 50k has been brilliant at all of his loan clubs (Norwich, Heerenveen, Main and Dortmund), averaging roughly 7.4 but I can't fit him in to my first team so he's gone for £15m too. It's a shame as I really liked him (fnaar).

I've binned off a number of decent players who are hitting 21/22 as well as those above, and now I don't have anybody in the reserve squad, I've got a few out on loan again and then a couple of youngsters on the fringes of the first team, two of which look they could be phenomenal.

I've gone through two batches of regen youths so far, and I'm looking for the next generation as a couple of my players are edging towards their 30's.

I've got Italy's No.1 and No.2 keepers but they can't get in the side, and I picked them up for 850k combined. One of them is out on loan again, after spending last season at Napoli, I would sell him on but he's got a strangely low value for a keeper of his quality.

I'm now in 23/24 and I've spent £373m on players and received £832m!

Fucking hell, that's some seriously good transfer work.

I sell players at their peak and after good seasons so I always get crazy fees.

My strike force cost me 2.6m and is now worth 75m and I reckon u could get 150m by selling the three of them.

Back