• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Scromit.

Delete the saved game, remove the hard-drive and burn it. Just to make sure.

Great work Mark; welcome to the big league. From here on in, it’s just a normal game – taking a small PL club onto domination, something that we’ve all done. However, I’ll be pissed off if you win the CL before me!

It’s actually a massive shame that my Worcester side can’t face your Solihull side in an online one off. That’s one for SI to think about!

Knocked out in the last 16 of the Champions League due to an embarrassment of a performance away at a distinctly average Porto, and then failing to finish our chances in the second leg. Not good enough.

Fierro has now scored once in just over two months, and Zeli is an offside magnet.

Only the Premier League left to fight for now.

I'm a little ashamed of how much I've started paying some players already, I knocked my transfer budget down to give me over 4 times the wage budget to play with.

Think my top earner used to be about £7k but that's already gone upto about £18k with several others floating around £10k. I've still tried to go for younger players where possible though, then even if I fail I've got some reasonable assets to make the money back. I'm struggling to sign some of the more promising really young players though, they'd rather go and be a rotation option at a League 1 club than a hot prospect for a low rep Premier League team.

Indeed, I'm ashamed at how much I pay some 17 year olds 'just in case they develop' nowadays. I haven't checked where my rep is on the table, but after finishing 7th, CL spots, then top with a CL final in the last three years I'm not struggling to get young lads, unless they're from Real/United/Barca/Inter level clubs now. I still can get beaten on wages by mid-table teams.

My reputation as a manager is national i think but the club is still only regional, or at least it was last time i checked anyway, there have been a couple of 19-20 year olds i've gone for this summer, i was buying for nothing more than potential, there was no chance of them playing for me anytime soon but i figured i may as well make use of the extra money but they chose lower sides because my clubs reputation still isn't really any better than someone like Crewe. I suppose i could lie to them and give them a different squad status then drop them to the reserves or farm them out on loan anyway but i'm not going to bullshit them, they have to buy into the club.

Think i could do with investing in a couple of good wide players, didn't really use them at all last season so i'm sort of stuck with upper League 1/lower Championship quality there, i've got a few AMC's that could do a job out there but its not their ideal positon.

Right got the game and now I cant install it. It says Steam updating then Errors...

More bloody help needed. I cant find where the files are on my comp. There is no Sports Interactive folder and now no Sega folder...

It installed through Steam. I cant find anywhere on my computer where the files are..

It has to be installed through Steam. All of mine are under Sports Interactive in my documents.

You'd be better off looking at the proper FM forums, you'll get a much quicker response.

The board have just given me free reign to go and choose a feeder club, i've no idea where to start, any tips?

Holding my own in the Evo Stick Prem. Look to be settling for a mid table finish but I am only 5 points off the Play offs but every time I play a team in and around those spots defeat hits. Last game I played last night and I lost to a 96th minute goal against the league leaders.

Still in one of the 4million Cup Competitions that seem to happen at that level. A fine 3rd round away win at Slough, 4-0 in the David Smiths Landscaping Memorial Cup or something

Right I've managed it. Logos installed, now to do kits and faces and shit now. Whats best graphics packs for these please. Oh and can I have thw Romulus patch please. xx

The board have just given me free reign to go and choose a feeder club, i've no idea where to start, any tips?

I've had great luck with Coventry, who was League 1 at the time, and had trouble getting out. I lent them a number of good youngsters to move them up to the championship. Now I loan them enough to make sure they stay up, but not enough where they get promoted. Last season I actually had to recall one of the strikers I gave them as he was doing a bit too good of a job. I imagine you could use this strategy with any number of teams in England.

If you don't already have a foreign club, that might be another avenue to look into... I use Minyor Pernik for getting permits. I can buy lots of cheap youngsters, pay them low wages, and still come out with massive profit (or a good player) after their 3 years. They're pretty much my Brazil-mil.

I've had great luck with Coventry, who was League 1 at the time, and had trouble getting out. I lent them a number of good youngsters to move them up to the championship. Now I loan them enough to make sure they stay up, but not enough where they get promoted. Last season I actually had to recall one of the strikers I gave them as he was doing a bit too good of a job. I imagine you could use this strategy with any number of teams in England.

If you don't already have a foreign club, that might be another avenue to look into... I use Minyor Pernik for getting permits. I can buy lots of cheap youngsters, pay them low wages, and still come out with massive profit (or a good player) after their 3 years. They're pretty much my Brazil-mil.

I think i'd asked for a work permit club when they gave me permission to go looking so i had a trawl through the internet and tried to find out which country offered the shortest period to gain nationality, apparently Croatia is the answer after a few seasons when they've joined the EU so i recommended NK Zagreb, a pretty small team but the only Croatian First Division side with 'top training faciltiies'. They didn't have any existing club affliiations either so i'm just waiting to see how it all pans out now.

Yeah there are I think 3 countries who can get you permits within 3 years.

Back