• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Has my dream of a more generous chairman finally come true?

MarkDickensonNews_Inbox-4.png

Of course not, what a wanker...

MarkDickensonNews_Inbox-5.png

Has my dream of a more generous chairman finally come true?

Of course not, what a $#@!er...

Me thinks it's time for the Chairman (if my information is correct he is the local baker) to step aside.

This is one of the problems coming fast up the ranks,the chairmen down in the Conference are probably not the most ambitious rascals.

He's just more than doubled my wage budget and offered me £10m to spend but i wish he'd do a little more on infrastructure, my facilities are still ludicrously poor.

He's just more than doubled my wage budget and offered me £10m to spend but i wish he'd do a little more on infrastructure, my facilities are still ludicrously poor.

Do you ask for upgrades on both youth and training at the same time? I've read somewhere that this combined often makes the chairman cancel both...if there's not money for both.

Meanwhile,Wolves and Ståle reached the magical 40 points in 28 games,not bad at all.

One player in of note in january,Danish left back Michael Lumb on a free (ex-Zenit) 25 years and looks a good addition.

Noone of note out.

The CUPS are done:

FA Cup Quarter final loss against Man City
League Cup Quarter final loss against WBA

Last edited:
Wolves came 11th with 51 points in the first PL season.

Assistant Manager Bård Wiggen has left Wolves and is now manager of Bolton in the CH-ship.
New assistant is John Robertson and he makes more money than Ståle. :)

Net spend the first 2 seasons £2.1m,finances secure and the club worth has gone from £41,5m to 49,5m.

Wow,Wolves going all in before this season! :drink2:

PLAYERS IN:
Oscar Wendt from Trabzonspor £6,5m (to please CopenhagenWolf obviously) :)
James McCarthy from Wigan £6,25m
Ondrej Celustka from Trabzonspor £3,6m
Kalid Boulahrouz from Stuttgart £1,1m
Danny Graham from Swansea £2,6m
Martin Kelly from Liverpool £1,7m
Xerdan Shaqiri on loan from Bayern M

OUT:
Darko Bokul £1,9m
Adam Hammill £1,6m
Adlene Guedioura £1,4m

Net spend this summer: £16,25m

First 2 games of the season:1-0 away WBA and 1-1 home Everton.
Also advanced in the LC,knocked out Coventry

Just remembered that its been back to back promotions all the way for me, right from Blue Square North all the way up to the Premier League. Haven't really had a single summer where I've needed a complete overhaul either and most of those seasons I've had the lowest wage budget in the league, by some distance, without spending any money on transfer fees either.

Just remembered that its been back to back promotions all the way for me, right from Blue Square North all the way up to the Premier League. Haven't really had a single summer where I've needed a complete overhaul either and most of those seasons I've had the lowest wage budget in the league, by some distance, without spending any money on transfer fees either.

You're Paul Lambert aren't you? :)

10th half way through the season,27 points from 19 games,that's actually 2 pts less than last season.

With media prediction slightly high (8th) time to put it in gear Ståle.

Well,after the scare Wolves secured 14th with 48 points,3 less than last season.

For some strange reason the club's worth fluctuates alot more than I thought.From £49,5m it went up to £60m and now it's down to £38m...all in the same season.

11/12- 2nd in Championship
12/13- 11th in Premier League
13/14- 14th in Premier League

World Championships Brazil 2014,the group stage:

England - Ghana 0-0
England - Slovakia 0-1
England - Mexico 2-7 lol

Season 4,the best in terms of placement (10th) but 47 points is the lowest,and the economy has gone from secure,to okay and now insecure.

Avg. wage is 24K p/w.

Wiggen is now Sunderland manager and came 13th in the Premier League.

So,4th season in the PL,another 14th place with 42 points.

The big problem seems to be attracting/buying better players,I see no progress after the first 2 seasons.

Ståle,Ståle,Ståle....

I was delighted in the first season,going straight up to the PL,I was over the moon with 51 pts in your first season there,I was happy with 47 pts in the second season.
42 pts in your third,I figured you'd still turn it around.....

but.....season 5........... 23???

I'm not happy anymore Ståle :shake:

Bounced right up again with 98 points winning the Championship.

Meanwhile Wiggen is Tottenham manager,he sure gets around. :piano:

I'm predicting relegation again for Wolves though.

Three seasons in the PL culminating in a mid-twenties points relegation?

Sounds familiar.

Three seasons in the PL culminating in a mid-twenties points relegation?

Sounds familiar.

Yeah it does...

Well it is over now,on November 30th 2018 after 1976 days at Wolves Ståle resigned and took control at Sunderland.

Steve Bruce is now manager of Wolves. :surrender:

Back