• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

My partnership with NK Zagreb is in place, two years for them to become Croatian citizens, now to see if i can find any South American gems worth investing in.

Only two years? Looks like I may be swapping feeder clubs...

Can I add I havent started the game yet Im enjoyed bejazzling up my look...

My first Premier Leauge game didn't go well, battled bravely against Liverpool for best part of an hour before going behind then i was picked off as i tried to push for an equaliser and eventually threw caution to the wind.

We'll learn.

Just coming to the end of the 2019/20 season, and it's been a very mixed bag despite coming away with a decent haul of trophies; Premier League, League Cup, Community Shield, Euro Super Cup and the World Club Cup.

We had an unbelievable start to the season, which gave my hope of finally winning all the competitions in one season. We won every game from August until the end of November, with Fierro having bagged 23 by the end of November. The first defeat came in the first week of December, away at Arsenal and then we were beaten in the CL group stage by Celtic and then held by Liverpool. We won the next 6, before 5 draws in the next 6, including a penalty shoot out loss to Blackpool in the FA Cup third round. Frustrating.

After the early January exit, I had to adapt our playing style for the first time in a couple of years, looking to go more direct and using genuine wide players. We won 7 on the bounce, mainly by the odd goal before a dire performance away at Porto threatened our Champions League status. We won the League Cup over Arsenal before the return leg, but could only win 1-0, and thus we were out in the last 16 for the first time since our initial European foray.

We seemed to pick up domestically afterwards, swatting away teams with relative ease with the exception of a 4-0 battering from Liverpool, and I was able to rotate the squad regularly as I had a decent gap over the challengers, and the title was wrapped up with four rounds to go. Therefore, the youngsters were entrusted to see out the final four games, resulting in an unlucky 3-2 defeat to Bolton, where inexperience was evident and a plucky comeback to 2-2 against Sunderland.

I'll probably think again before selling too many players in January again, as I have no doubt losing experienced players played a part in our failings in the FA Cup and Champions League, but 35m and 30m respectively was too good to turn down.

I've got another exciting batch of prospects coming through again, including the next Paul Gascoigne!

My partnership with NK Zagreb is in place, two years for them to become Croatian citizens, now to see if i can find any South American gems worth investing in.

Has the game taken into account that Croatia is a future member of EU,I believe they voted in January this year...

If not you could be in for a surprise....like still have the hassle of WPs....

Landscaping is dead?! :icon_sad:

What level is Evo Stik? 10?

Think it is Level 8.

Another 2nd half of the season good run has pushed me into the Play Offs with 6 games to go. Too much to do to catch 1st place as they are 9 points ahead and I am with a group of teams within 2 points of each other, so touch and go whether i will secure a play off spot.

My Cup run continues and I am in the Final, after a dominant surge through the rounds. Steve Claridge has now gone mental on me, he invited for a chat and the screen said "Steve Claridge is concerned over how well Steve Claridge is doing in training". Think its time to put him down. Michael "The Legend" Branch, my captain, is leading the team. Playing just behind the striker, he is deadly and a great help to my young lad up front. We are the entertainers of the Division, scored around 80 in the League but conceded about 55. Managed to tighten the defence a little that saw us for the first time ever keep 3 clean sheets in a row.

Bad news came in the form of Lewis Solly knacking his knee and is out for 9 months.

Think it is Level 8.

Are your players on amateur or semi-pro contracts on this level?

Another 2nd half of the season good run has pushed me into the Play Offs with 6 games to go. Too much to do to catch 1st place as they are 9 points ahead and I am with a group of teams within 2 points of each other, so touch and go whether i will secure a play off spot.

Excellent stuff,which team are you again? :facepalm:

he invited for a chat and the screen said "Steve Claridge is concerned over how well Steve Claridge is doing in training". Think its time to put him down.

Is this the Steve Claridge? He must be what...45? No wonder he's concerned! :eek:ldman:

Romulus. Seem to be a Birmingham based team (I picked them because a good friend of mine used that as his Interweb name but he sadly passed away a few years back, so its a tribute selection)

I have 1 player on a contract the rest are non-contract paid when they play type of deal. Downside is any club can sign them at any time. I've had a couple of occasions when I have gone into the match day team selection and on that day a player has decided to join St Pathetictown Athletic and left me short of players. My wage budget is slowly increasing and the club will have to let me start signing players properly next season if I get promoted or I am royally screwed.

Claridge is indeed 45! Signed as a player/coach. He was brilliant in the second half of my first season, scoring over 20 goals!! that fired us to the Play Offs and up. This season he has played 2 games for me and is shot.

Has the game taken into account that Croatia is a future member of EU,I believe they voted in January this year...

If not you could be in for a surprise....like still have the hassle of WPs....

I had a search on Google for the country which offered the quickest work permit work around and several said Croatia was the place to go after a few years in the game when they'd be accepted into the EU. So i'm hoping that it's been done, dont really know of any way to check in the game to be honest but i signed a young Argentian guy and i'm trying to send him out there, time will tell.

I had a search on Google for the country which offered the quickest work permit work around and several said Croatia was the place to go after a few years in the game when they'd be accepted into the EU. So i'm hoping that it's been done, dont really know of any way to check in the game to be honest but i signed a young Argentian guy and i'm trying to send him out there, time will tell.

I hope so too_Other than possibly Croatia (2 years) I believe Belgium and Poland are the next best thing with 3 years.

Romulus. Seem to be a Birmingham based team (I picked them because a good friend of mine used that as his Interweb name but he sadly passed away a few years back, so its a tribute selection)

I have 1 player on a contract the rest are non-contract paid when they play type of deal. Downside is any club can sign them at any time..

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Yes it's a downside that you lose players like that but I'd imagine it's also easier to sign better players who you'd then lose and sign better players and so on.Adds to the excitement of lower league management. :)

Solid start to my 2014-2015 season in FM11, had a run of draws but now found some winning form. Having a nightmare with the board though - They won't increase my staffing levels (well, the game won't - there's the odd occasion that the board agrees but the numbers never increase) or expand the stadium beyond its current 41k-ish capacity. And we're classed as 'Rich' too. Moxey and Morgan are still at the helm so they must be skimming millions off and building houses in the Bahamas or something.

My broadband is down for a few days and it seems I can't play this fookin game without an Internet connection. Is there anyway around this.

but I'd imagine it's also easier to sign better players who you'd then lose and sign better players and so on.

No!

I have a lot of trouble attracting players who are already with a club. The majority don't even want to talk to me. I have to rely heavily on my 2 scouts finding me the odd gem and old aged pensioner

No!

I have a lot of trouble attracting players who are already with a club. The majority don't even want to talk to me. I have to rely heavily on my 2 scouts finding me the odd gem and old aged pensioner

I see,how about loaning from a parent club,is that even possible down in tier 8?

It's saying error when I try that.

Just load it, then it'll say trying to connect to internet and just wait, it'll fail and ask you if you want to start it in Offline Mode, its how I used to do with mine.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Back