• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Really? I would've thought the opposite. I wouldn't be surprised if my midfield was to blame through a lot of this.

By having them stick wide you're playing them in a "Jarvis" role. Leave them as normal and they'll tuck in more and do useful defensive work at the slight expense of their attacking play. What Hunt is supposed to do in theory, except he can't tackle or kick a ball five yards, the scruffy bastard.

I came for Wolves, but I stayed for FM advice...

Looks like i might be able to just sneak up into the Premier League at the first attempt with Solihull Moors, got 6 games left to play and a nice little 5 point cushion before i drop out of the play-offs.

Cardiff and Sunderland have stormed away at the top and look set to wrap up the automatic places pretty soon, i'm just hoping to avoid Fulham in the play-offs, Stoke seem to have gone off the boil so they'd be the pick of the opponents but they're probably the least likely ones for me to face.

Whatever happens i'm in desperate need of a stadium expansion, when i was using Bescot until the end of January i was getting crowds of nearly 10k and making good money from doing so but my stadium only holds 6k and i've made a small loss both months since moving back.

Ståle enjoying life on the Holiday Save:

Half way,23 games 18-2-3 Goal Diff 49-15 56 points

Southampton (57 pts) and Wolves are flying high. :)

Edit:Ståle DID make a few transfers,I looked at the wrong window.

IN:
Adrian Aldrete 23 (LB/WB) from Morelia,Mex for £1,8m (stats say best player)
Ahmed Fahti 27 (DRC/MRC) from Al-Ahly,some Arab country for £2.2m
Moreira 33 (D/M/AMC) from Vojvodina for £900K
Anichebe on loan from Everton

OUT:
Elokobi,Craddock and Milijas for a combined £3.5m

Last edited:
Wolves came 2nd in the Championship with 103 points.

Best players Fletcher 7.21, R. Johnson 7.17, Foley,Doyle and Bassong 7.15, Aldrete 7.13

Fletcher and Doyle both scored 27 goals.

They signed Bassong?!

No,he was there on loan from Spurs. :)

Kevin Doyle sold to Spurs £10,75m :( Marouane Chamakh bought for £2,9m

Molineux expanded to 31 700.

I'm basically writing a bit here just to have motivation really,but if there's interest in following I can be more detailed and maybe post images too.

Last edited:
Wolves came 2nd in the Championship with 103 points.

Best players Fletcher 7.21, R. Johnson 7.17, Foley,Doyle and Bassong 7.15, Aldrete 7.13

Fletcher and Doyle both scored 27 goals.

SECOND!! with 103 points?! Sheesh, who won?

SECOND!! with 103 points?! Sheesh, who won?

Southampton racked up 107 :)

In other news,England (ofcourse) won EURO 2012,tonking Denmark 3-0 in the finale.

2 games 2 wins in the PL in August,Norwich away 1-0 and QPR at home 3-1.

Playing again now, and I probably need to take a look at some of my own defensive advice! We're having another dodgy little run at exactly the same time as last season.

It's probably down to a fairly large turnaround in January terms, and my squad is now even younger.

It runs oh so smoothly with my 8gb's of ram!

Oh dear,Ballack in on a free,Pandev in on loan too :eek:hnoes:

A Norwegian talented youngster bought from Rosenborg,Fredrik Midtsjø (19).

Status after 10 games: 4-4-2 in 7th place,Man Utd in 9th heheh,oh and Southampton 3rd

Ståle is satisfied with life and has no plans. :)

Out of the FA Cup in the third round on penalties to mid-table Championship Blackpool after failing to score in either leg. Piss poor.

WTF?!

MarkDickensonNews_Inbox-3.png

Yeah that's happened to me a couple of times

Everyone must have been out to kick Berra and Edwards, Dave Jones doing his best to form an ex-Wolves XI at Wednesday.

I managed to finish in the play-offs and sneak past Reading 4-3 on aggregate, Fulham in the final though, dont fancy my chances.

Get the fuck in!

Solihull Moors 1-0 Fulham

My hand was forced by some poor form and a couple of fitness doubts into playing my older, wider formation that i hadn't used once this season and it paid off a treat, one of my old stalwarts who was with me back as far as the Blue Square North had a riot down the right hand side, i didn't think he'd played much but looking at it he made 46 appearances this season, thats he most he's ever made for me in a season.

Fulham had a fair few chances, i had my line deep as hell because i remember Simon Cox running onto balls over the top for fun last time i played them but i think i hit the woodwork myself about 3-4 times, hopefully i can make enough headway with the Premier League windfall so i dont have to drop back down, maybe my chairman will even stop being an arse now we'll be a bit rich.

Half way mark reached:

19 played 8-5-6 and in 9th place so things are still looking good for Wolves.Still ahead of Man Utd too.

Players IN worth mentioning:
Aleksander Dragovic from Basel £5m
Marouane Chamakh from Arsenal £2,9m
Darko Bodul from Sturm Graz £2m
Deni Alar from Rapid Wien £1,6m
Fredrik Midtsjø from Rosenborg £650K
Ballack free,Pandev and Boyata loans

Players OUT worth mentioning (plenty loans out):
Kevin Doyle to Spurs £10,75m
Richard Stearman to Leeds £1,5m
Guedioura to Atalanta on loan

What's the most you have spent on a transfer mark? Totals in and out etc...give us a break down!

Oh and good work!

Back