• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

It's going to be a struggle to even stay up i think, my wage budget for the entire squad is less than what West Ham have been paying Nolan alone in reality this season.

I've been inspired by this thread to start up a new game with a minnow and see how far I can go.

I've chosen Colwyn Bay in the Blue Square Premier League North. I chose them because my folks live in Llandudno which is a couple of miles down the road. Signed a load of youngsters and a couple of 30ish year olds on 1 year deals. Appointed a new assistant, as the existing one was a 37ish year old player/assistant manager that was crap at both. Appointed a coach and a scout, but I can't sign any more staff now.

Home form has been ace, but away form has been dodgy. I can't seem to get the pre-match team talks right. Only one or two players seem to get motivated.

Playing a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers, or a 4-2-3-1 if I need to pack the midfield. Need to find another formation that's a bit more defensive to keep things tight.

Only a few months in and I'm in 6th in the league, but it's very tight, only 3 points of the top. Just knocked Cambridge Utd out of the FA Cup 1st round. Had them at home but only managed a draw but managed to cause an upset at their place after going 1-0 down to sneak a 2-1 win. Happy times on the north coast of Wales!

Quick question - do you have your CBs set to man mark or zonal?

I've been on zonal but I seem to be leaving quite a few gaps that are being exploited, especially away from home.

Yeah, it’s really tough, and not enjoyable for that first season. I had some relegated clubs spending £27m/year on wages, and I had about £4m! A couple of loans and attritional football was my MO for the first year. Once survival’s done though there’s no reason why you can’t hit the play offs in season 2 or 3.

Man mark, Machin - lower league players won't have the intelligence! My only inspirational pre-match chat has been the 'relax and enjoy yourselves' - calmly for tough games and assertively for ones I expect to get something.

I need to invest in this game again...........Del where did you "buy" yours from?

I'm gonna start a new game as barca with no rep and see If i can win la liga to get an awesome rep. Then I'll come to England to be a success with the younger players

Man mark, Machin - lower league players won't have the intelligence! My only inspirational pre-match chat has been the 'relax and enjoy yourselves' - calmly for tough games and assertively for ones I expect to get something.

They won't have the intelligence for zonal marking?

I wonder is Staale will reassess his tactics once he's seen the DVDs of Richard Stearman?!?

Skid_Row.jpg

Yeah, it’s really tough, and not enjoyable for that first season. I had some relegated clubs spending £27m/year on wages, and I had about £4m! A couple of loans and attritional football was my MO for the first year. Once survival’s done though there’s no reason why you can’t hit the play offs in season 2 or 3.

Attritional football is not my way!

Last season i often had the option to use a teamtalk along the lines of 'go and play your game and the result will come', perfect for my footballing mantra, teaches the kids the proper way and let them have fun with it.

Every Premier League club seems to want me to pay the full wages of any loan targets now and i just cant afford to do it, my chairman is a prick, everytime i get the board to agree to a parent club he returns a few weeks later saying he doesn't see the point so offers no suggested clubs. I need some extra money, i dont think i've even attracted any new sponsors since i got promoted into League 2, perhaps its time for some bold strategy, sell anyone of any worth and try to attract some new youngsters.

Cheers Mr Wop.

I will be speaking with the customer service team at Skidrow Ltd to see what deal I can get.

I may have a crack at non-league myself. I've always preferred lower league games as multi-player though.

I like that shop aswell. It is awesome. Some of the best stuff comes from there and that band is awesome...

Bath City's first season in the Conference has been crazy.

Luton 106
AFC Wimbledon 101
Crawley 98
Bath 98
Newport County 75

Drew 2-2 at Twerton Park in the first leg of the playoffs so off to Crawley (where we won in the league so all is not lost) when I fire up the game later.

Del, when you purchased from Skiddyrow did you have any issues with the game not loading? Such as it starts, get to the screens with the league badges then closes?

Yes I did, there's a crack patch out by the same author, with simple instructions on what to do

Del, when you purchased from Skiddyrow did you have any issues with the game not loading? Such as it starts, get to the screens with the league badges then closes?

same Kenny. There is a patch from that lovely store.

Back