• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Also did a belting moneyball signing last summer, forgot to mention. Leigh Griffiths, who'd averaged 20+ per season for Wolves, was bought by Liverpool and didn't score a single goal in 30 games, so I picked him up from them for about £3m - super sub scored 25 goals for me!

Griffiths is just sitting rotting in Wolves' reserves on my game.

Crystal Palace approached me a couple of times this season seeing if i wanted to buy back my former star that i sold to them last January when he wouldn't agree a new deal with me, he's barely played for them in the year and a bit he's been there, he looks to have maxed his potential, the replacement i got has developed more than him and it looks like our clubs may be changing places this season too. Bet he isn't too happy with his decision to move now.

Championship here i come!

A narrow victory away to play-off chasing Swindon gets me promoted with 2 games to spare, a 6 point gap and 15 goal advantage makes it pretty certain the league title is mine too, especially considering one of my two remaining games is already relegated Shrewsbury.

Once again i was expected to finish bottom, i operated with the lowest wage budget in the league and i have managed to make it 4 back to back promotions, i feel there may be some hefty dickings up ahead when i meet the relegated Premier League teams in the Championship, hopefully i'll be well backed, though previous years give me no reason to believe that will be the case.

Nice one. Once you stay up once in the Championship, it's not too big of a jump to hit the play offs.

Have you found like I did, that you're changing 80% of your squad every summer?

Nice one. Once you stay up once in the Championship, it's not too big of a jump to hit the play offs.

Have you found like I did, that you're changing 80% of your squad every summer?

The first couple of seasons when i wasn't paying attention i did, a lot of players were on 'non-contracts' and so they were leaving anytime they put a few decent performances in and i had to find replacements. I was being particularly half-arsed with it then though, the next season i changed all my tactics, went and got a couple of coaches and started to put more thought into it, since then things have progressed much better.

I've still got a fair few around that have been with me for a while, at least one player that still starts about 50% of the games was my top scorer when i was promoted from Blue Square North and there are several others that i signed in the Blue Square Premier, some of them are still my best players now even though they signed with me down in the depths. I think i've only changed about 2-4 players in my starting line up per year since i started getting promoted, new players edging the older ones onto the subs bench but quite a few have just developed with me as i've gone up and so have never needed to be replaced.

I was looking at the Brazilian lad i signed just, Chelsea signed him when he was 16 i think for £7m, several years, loan moves and very few appearances later i signed him on a free.

Here's a few players that are still pretty active in my first team that i picked up when i was non-league and part-time...

TommasoTraniHistory_CareerStats.png

SamirCarruthersHistory_CareerStats.png

JasonOHareHistory_CareerStats.png

GarethBeckettHistory_CareerStats.png

ConnorHartleyHistory_CareerStats.png

BrendanHeffernanHistory_CareerStats.png

AminAffaneHistory_CareerStats.png

The last guy there, Affane, is one of the favourites to League 1 player of the season this year, not bad progression for the lad, and now we have Chelsea's expensive youth gamble who didn't pay off in the slightest, didn't even really do a great deal in his loan spells either.

LucasPiazonHistory_CareerStats.png

That's a very impressive effort Mark! Top stuff. I've got a save with Torquay in League One which I'll go back to when I bore of my Wolves game!

With 10 games left i'm top of League 1, i'm about to play 17th placed Hartlepool who have less than half the points of my Solihull Moors but some how they're still favourites for the game.

That's down to the reputation of your club which is the main factor in determining who's favourite and yours will be very low compared to other sides in the league (Even more so in the Championship). It will also explain why you might concede a lot of late goals as other sides expect to beat you and why the big name teams always seem to score late on. Winning leagues rather than just getting promoted and winning any realistic cups (FA Trophy, Johnstone's Paint Trophy) is important to help get your club extra reputation points and the occasional surprise cup wins over higher league opposition will gain you more points.

don't gorget the same package for Evra and some other old bastard!

I hope you've learned your lesson!

Don't offer three players £160k a week when you're Bolton in 16th, you mean!

I shouldn't tell you this, but did you know that if you do a transfer my monthly installments, then your transfer budget only decreases by the installment amount each month, rather than the full amount. So with a £20m wage budget, you could buy twenty players for £48m on morning monthly installments, and then be surprised when the club is sold to Poundland.

I have done it myself in previous games, but you just end up in ludicrous debt and having players sold over your head by a chairman who's being bummed by collection agencies.

Good point Del....

I'm gonna start a new game so the youngsters can prosper. I tried that at wolves 3rd season and got sacked.

I've got to play my matches at Bescot for a year whilst they convert my stadium to all-seater, sad times, means i wont benefit fully from the increased attendances either as i'll presumably be paying rent to use it.

I'm not expecting to do well in the Championship, i've signed one decent-ish player so far but wage rises for my existing players have already taken up majority of my increased budget, doubt i'll be able to find much interest to shift many of them either.

All you've got to do is stay up in your first season.

In my debut season in the PL I ground shared with fucking Kiddie!

Back