• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Try and pick up Andile Jali from Orlando Pirates for around 200k develops into a great player.

I don't understand my wage budget. I'm using £426k out of £513k p/w, yet I can only offer key players £6k p/w max. WTF? No-one wants to come as a result.

Any transfers waiting to happen? It sometimes does that and i've often had to reduce my transfer funds just to get a player i need.

Have you signed anybody? It's always hard to sign players in the first window but I don't understand what's going on with your wage budget.

Think it's to do with their rep, the board haven't heard of that player, so it's a gamble, so they won't fork out huge wages to sign them, happened to me a few times.

Actually, selling a few players seems to have done the trick. Maybe I had too many offers in at once too.

So far signed Guti, Zenden, Sergio and Pierre Wome on frees, Erick Torres for £5.5m, and Wael Gomaa for £750k. Plenty of irons still in the fire too.

Sold Jonsson, Milijas, Elokobi and Hamill for a combined £4.6m. SEB and Hunt are on their way too.

Last edited:
I can't get Wilfried even for over £7m.

Must have been fixed in the patch, when it was first released he had a clause in his contract where you could buy him for £2.5m. He's still with me after six years and is worth £13.5m now.

Must have been fixed in the patch, when it was first released he had a clause in his contract where you could buy him for £2.5m. He's still with me after six years and is worth £13.5m now.

Steam did download and install an update for it straight after the installation.

In my game Balotelli, Welbeck and Sturridge were all set available for loan but none of them would come to me. Bunch of picky bastards. That would have made an awesome front three!!

Last edited:
Steam did download and install an update for it straight after the installation.

In my game Balotelli, Welbeck and Sturridge were all set available for loan but none of them would come to me. Bunch of picky bastards. That would have made an awesome front three!!

To be honest Fletcher is quality, and Leigh Griffiths is an absolute star. Find just one right-footer to partner either and you'll be laughing in your first season. Fletcher's still with me after six seasons and I only sold Griffiths as I have about eight first team strikers (four coming through the ranks) and I needed to balance the books a little.

Stop cheating and looking up recommended players!!

Just signed Liam McAlinden for Solihull Moors, hopefully he'll work out better than Akinbiyi did last season.

I spend an inordinate amount of time looking through searches, scouting reports and then go through every team in the major leagues I selected looking for players.

I've played for about 8 hours game time and only just looked through the first of the 20 countries I selected (The Premier League) and just got to the last friendly before the season starts.

Oh and I'll also go through the major international squads and U21s!!

That's about what I do as well. An offseason takes me about as long as a season does. It's kind of obnoxious. Even in FIFA an off-season takes me about 10 hours, so you can imagine how obnoxious an offseason is in FM...

When I first started playing FM I googled a few things and came across tons of "best coaches...", "best players", "download best tactic", etc. kind of threads. Just seems pointless to me. It's the equivalent of using a level-select code on a console. If you're gonna play the game, play the game. If you don't discover the players on your own, then... well... you simply don't get to use them.

I've finally had to give in and pay one of my players 100k a week.

that's hardly cheating though. cheating would be more like making up your own striker then seeing him score something like 109 prem goals in 120 appearances... so far at least.

Check out Vegar Eggen Hedenstad, just gone to Citeh for 32m on my save in 2019.

I think you can sign him in the first transfer window, classy right back,

It's definitely cheating. Looking up who the best available x, y, and z are before starting a game is giving yourself a clear advantage and taking a lot of actual managering out of the game which is called "football manager". Why even bother playing if you're just going to follow an optimal script made out by someone online??

It's definitely cheating. Looking up who the best available x, y, and z are before starting a game is giving yourself a clear advantage and taking a lot of actual managering out of the game which is called "football manager". Why even bother playing if you're just going to follow an optimal script made out by someone online??

I don't see an issue, it's not like you're competing against them like you would be if somebody was hacking on Xbox Live. If people enjoy the game the way they play it, surely that is all that matters?

Personally, I prefer the game when the regens start appearing as your game becomes unique.

I'm not saying people shouldn't play the way that they enjoy, I'm saying I just don't see the point for people who prefer to play that way. It's the same as people who buy a brand new game + strategy guide. At that point you're just following directions-- why bother? It's like homework at that point more than anything.

It's the type of thing my 8 year old would do to make sure he wins. God forbid he lose anything at the first try, or have to try and get better at something through repetition, or else it's the end of the world and he throws a tantrum. So instead he just opts to play everything on easy and get his mom to beat all the hard parts (I refuse). Where's the pride in that?

But I'm ranting. As you say, to each their own. I'm just a bit of a video game purist. You may hide my soap-box.

Back