• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Got this today and installed it. First FM game since I've had my latest PC.

Was very quick apart from the Steam crap. I had 25 leagues running in 21 countries with just England playable and only the top leagues in each country viewable (apart from England). It was still very fast to process when continuing. But then again it should be when it's installed on an SSD with a i7 processor and 6GB of RAM!

Any recommendations for new staff for a newbie?

Got this today and installed it. First FM game since I've had my latest PC.

Was very quick apart from the Steam crap. I had 25 leagues running in 21 countries with just England playable and only the top leagues in each country viewable (apart from England). It was still very fast to process when continuing. But then again it should be when it's installed on an SSD with a i7 processor and 6GB of RAM!

Any recommendations for new staff for a newbie?

Sack T.c..... bring in Mauro Tassotti as an assistant

Juninho Pernambucano is the bollocks as an attacking coach. Cris is also excellent to get.

John Versleuwen (sp) as defensive.

There's a framework for searching for staff, I'll stick it up when I'm on my computer.

Cheers. Just about to go through the thread again and note down some players to get.

Fierro and Torres from Chivas are must buys. Fierro won't join until the second season though.

Cheers. Just about to go through the thread again and note down some players to get.

Jan Vertonghen
Isaac Vorsah
Wilfried (Minimum Fee Release Clause - £2.5m)
Ricardo Kishna (One for the furture)
Romario (from Vitoria)
Felipe Anderson

Guido Marilungo
Mehdi Abeid
Sebastian Corchia
Jeremy Matthieu
Ismail Aissati - although he is injury-prone unfortunately
Miralem Sulejmani

Started a game on FM11 as Wolves manager. In February and fifth in the league, so not bad. Hennessey got injured early on in the season so I had to go with Basso in between the sticks. What a fucking legend that man is, Wayne doesn't get a look-in at the moment.

Flogged Elokobi to Wigan for £1m and SEB to Everton for £2.4m. Doyle's pissed off with me because I offered him to clubs and reduced his status to squad rotation - He'll go in the summer. Milijas wants to move onto a bigger club so need to resolve that.

Signed a Georgian striker with an enormous amount of consonants in his surname for £1.6m who looks pretty useful and spent £5m on a 17-y-o DM/M from Birmingham. Also signed Skjelbred for £2.3m and Vanden Borre for a princely £450k, thanks to the board offering me a ton of cash in the January window.

Kyle Walker can be signed for 3m or so at the end of the first season too, and he's brilliant.

some others

jack butland from blues
mateo kovacic
vaclav kadlec - excellent on the left
christian eriksen from ajax
jan kirchhoff (mainz) and giuseppe prestia (palermo) as CH pairing
alan dzagoev

Cheers for the player recommendations.

Just continued, and then this popped up..

Screenshot2012-04-22at161810-1-1.png

Oh how tempting..

Last edited:
Just finished Wolves 16-17 season... so, so close.... 2nd premier league, 2nd champions league (lost to Chelsea), semi-finals FA (lost to Chelsea)... I did win the Carling again, but meh. Annoyed!

There were a few mistakes on my part that lost the season, but I'll be better off next year. Players another year matured, won't have a few key backups on loan without recall clauses, etc.

My best defender got injured and I went on a bad run of about 6 games until it dawned on me that the problem was both center halfs were ball playing defenders - stopper. I run a fluid formation so they both kept going for the ball and people would 1-2 pass through them easily. I usually just put players as whatever the report said their strongest is, but I learned the hard way not to do that. I have a bit of a better understanding on the nuances of player assignments now, so I should be able to avoid that problem in the future...

To find good coaches regardless of what element of training you are focusing on, they need high stats for discipline, determination and motivating (DDM). I aim for 15 and above for each of those, but play around with the filters a bit if there's nobody fitting the criteria which is likely in the first season.

To get 4 1/2 star plus you need:

Tactical: 15+ tactics and DDM
Defending: 15+ tactics, defending and DDM
Attacking: 15+ tactics, attacking and DDM
Strength and Aerobic: 15 + fitness and DDM
Goalkeeping: 15+ keeping, tactics and DDM
Ball Control: 15 + technical, mental and DDM
Shooting: 15+ technical, attacking and DDM

Saw this to help with staff, if you're not sure if they'd be any good, type their name in, and it'll tell you how good they are and at what they're good at.

I don't use it myself, but saw it on the forums, someone said it doesn't work every single time, the web page, but keep refreshing, it should do.

http://bonzollm.vze.com/rss

Struggling to sign players, but not expected. I can't get Wilfried even for over £7m. Fierro and Torres have agreed terms but needs work permits.

Back