• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

That's a very tidy midfield you have there, Fernando's stats for a DM are unreal and Ruben just gets better and better. Plus O'Hara continues to improve, played a key role in my initial title winning season.

Untitled-7.jpg

Gotta say he does look good, just doesn't play that well, perhaps it was my formation though.

That's a very tidy midfield you have there, Fernando's stats for a DM are unreal and Ruben just gets better and better. Plus O'Hara continues to improve, played a key role in my initial title winning season.

All I needed was someone to mop up in front of the defence, and then the 2 others to feed Jarvo, Forde and Fletch, but in the second season, performances weren't so good, so I changed formation, I know play with a 4-2-3-1, with 2 DM's, no central midfield, and 2 wingers, 1 AMC, which is Iago Falque/Ander Herrera/Regen, that seems to be working so far, I tend to change tactics every season, using pre season to bed the new tactic, seems to be working.

I can't recommend Fernando enough, his stats are immense and he performs very well, even chips in with the odd goal or two, I've never managed to get O'Hara playing well before, so it makes a nice change, he's actually quality if you get him playing right, I have him in DM with Fernando/Henry, but he's the creator of the 2, so it works.

I predominantly played 4-4-2 to start with, with O'Hara in centre mid with Tiote, who is exceptional.

I'm in 2018 now though, so Fernando is on the decline, although he's still playing for Lyon.

I use a 4-2-3-1 now, but with one right sided defensive midfielder and a left sided central midfielder. The DM covers for Kyle Walker as I basically set him up as a second right winger to aid Zeli.

Fierro isn't having a great season this term after hitting 62 in the previous campaign.

I predominantly played 4-4-2 to start with, with O'Hara in centre mid with Tiote, who is exceptional.

I'm in 2018 now though, so Fernando is on the decline, although he's still playing for Lyon.

I use a 4-2-3-1 now, but with one right sided defensive midfielder and a left sided central midfielder. The DM covers for Kyle Walker as I basically set him up as a second right winger to aid Zeli.

Fierro isn't having a great season this term after hitting 62 in the previous campaign.

How much did Tiote set you back? Always liked him, dunno why I didn't think of him.

You've done a fair few seasons by now then, sounds like you've got quite the complicated, but formidable system, seems to work for you, fair play.

62 goals? That's unreal, that system of yours must be a right beast! Best I've had is 29 from Fletch in the first season!

I've just won the European Super Cup! I had Man Utd, we were drawing after 90 minutes, then Mauricio Isla scored for Man Utd, then Vidic got sent off, and just before the final whistle went, and I lost, I got a corner, Jarvo whips it in, RoJo jumps up for the header, but Rooney fouls him, penalty! Up steps Leo Bonatini to take it, as Fletch got injured, and goal! 1-1, went to penalties, and I won, thank you Rooney and Anderson for missing yours! The only downside to the win is, just found out that Fletch is out for 3 weeks :(

Click on it to enlarge it, for some reason I always have shockers when uploading images!

Click on it to enlarge it, for some reason I always have shockers when uploading images!

That's a cracker of a team, bar the regens as I don't know what they're like lol, is Courtois any good? David Alaba is an absolute beast, how much did he set you back?

There are the regens and Zeli/Fierro that are in my team, plus De Rosa who alternates with Busao at AM.

I only signed Alaba in the summer, sold Moussa Sissoko for 30m, along with a whole host of other players such as Lucas Moura and Munoz and a host of regens who didn't quite make the mark.

Alaba cost 23m, but has had a disrupted start, and is now out for 2-3 months coming up to 2019. His physical stats are absolutely incredible.

Courtois is classy, not much between him and Ospina and I didn't pay a penny for either of them.
Tiote cost me 7m btw, at the start of the second season as Newcastle went down. I sold him and O'Hara to Anzi in the summer of 2016 for 10m and 12 respectively.

There are the regens and Zeli/Fierro that are in my team, plus De Rosa who alternates with Busao at AM.

I only signed Alaba in the summer, sold Moussa Sissoko for 30m, along with a whole host of other players such as Lucas Moura and Munoz and a host of regens who didn't quite make the mark.

Alaba cost 23m, but has had a disrupted start, and is now out for 2-3 months coming up to 2019. His physical stats are absolutely incredible.

Courtois is classy, not much between him and Ospina and I didn't pay a penny for either of them.
Tiote cost me 7m btw, at the start of the second season as Newcastle went down. I sold him and O'Hara to Anzi in the summer of 2016 for 10m and 12 respectively.

You've got some cracking regens there nando! By the sounds of it, you've had/still got a quality team, you've definitely done well in the transfer market!

We've got 150m sitting in the bank because every summer I'll sell somebody, or in the instance of last season a few players for huge sums of money. I won the Champions League last season so my players stock was very high, so I got some crazy deals.

I only ever sign young players now, so I've got a conveyor belt of talent coming through, so either the regens get sold as they're not quite good enough on or I'll move on a big name player to make space for them.

The main candidate for the coming summer is Chris Smalling, who is sheer class but approaching 30 and worth just shy of 20m. Rodwell is about to be sold as he's well down the pecking order behind Alaba, Barkley and a emerging Italian regen. I'm bringing in another cm from Man United for 16m on January 1st, and he's top class.

I've got a bit of a vacancy on the left wing, so I'm trying to get Mario Gotze, but he's not interested in a move yet and I'l have to spend huge money to get him.

We've got 150m sitting in the bank because every summer I'll sell somebody, or in the instance of last season a few players for huge sums of money. I won the Champions League last season so my players stock was very high, so I got some crazy deals.

I only ever sign young players now, so I've got a conveyor belt of talent coming through, so either the regens get sold as they're not quite good enough on or I'll move on a big name player to make space for them.

The main candidate for the coming summer is Chris Smalling, who is sheer class but approaching 30 and worth just shy of 20m. Rodwell is about to be sold as he's well down the pecking order behind Alaba, Barkley and a emerging Italian regen. I'm bringing in another cm from Man United for 16m on January 1st, and he's top class.

I've got a bit of a vacancy on the left wing, so I'm trying to get Mario Gotze, but he's not interested in a move yet and I'l have to spend huge money to get him.

It seems to be working for you, fair play, your reserves/u18's must just be full of quality regens, you're getting to the point where all the main players that were good at the beginning, are soon to be retiring then I take it?

Yeah, I've found that's the best way, I've tried to keep the nucleus of my squad, like Johnson/O'Hara/Fletcher, and get some regens around them, so that when the other regens have matured, I can bring in new ones, and they teach them, that way I'll always have a balance between experience and youth, which atm, seems to be serving me well.

Do you play with IFs? What about Antoine Griezmann? Every time I've looked at him he seems to be doing well, not sure how he'd look on your game though, or his age.

I've never had a good U18 team, there's always been a few classy youngsters but I've only just had my first player into the academy that looks like he'd be Premier League standard.

My reserves are OK, I've got 2 or 3 that I think will make my first team, but the rest aren't as good as the others I've previously brought through. There are others that I should make good profits on, but I doubt they'll make my grade. Normally I'll sign a player at 16/17, give them a year with me where I'll tutor them, then send them into the Championship for a year, then out to Heerenveen. Most of them have 50 plus games under their belt by the time they're 20, and then they'll go into my first team or be sold on.

I should say that Busao and Souza, my DM and AM cost me 15m each, and I signed them after they'd been key players for their previous clubs already.

I use Zeli as a winger, but Deulofeu on the left is set up to cut inside. Griezmaann is very tidy, but the regen De Rosa above is a similar type of player.

I've never had a good U18 team, there's always been a few classy youngsters but I've only just had my first player into the academy that looks like he'd be Premier League standard.

My reserves are OK, I've got 2 or 3 that I think will make my first team, but the rest aren't as good as the others I've previously brought through. There are others that I should make good profits on, but I doubt they'll make my grade. Normally I'll sign a player at 16/17, give them a year with me where I'll tutor them, then send them into the Championship for a year, then out to Heerenveen. Most of them have 50 plus games under their belt by the time they're 20, and then they'll go into my first team or be sold on.

I should say that Busao and Souza, my DM and AM cost me 15m each, and I signed them after they'd been key players for their previous clubs already.

I use Zeli as a winger, but Deulofeu on the left is set up to cut inside. Griezmaann is very tidy, but the regen De Rosa above is a similar type of player.

Have you upgraded all your facilities too? Cause I've just done all mine, but read on the SI Forums that it can take a few seasons after doing so for the quality regens to come through!

It seems to be a decent system that you have worked out, sorts out the men from the grindrs (if you saw Stephen Fry on Top Gear you'll get the reference lol), would you recommend that I find a better feeder club then? I've not really bothered with that, as I've never considered it to be that important, but looking at it the way you have, it does seem quite important in sorting out the quality regens from the poor ones.

I've got a couple of regens coming in, 1 coming in 2 years as he's only 15/16 I think, a centre half from Atlas, cost me £6m.

Ahh, your weak side, to me anyway, looks to be alright, definitely be good enough for in my team lol.

Yes definitely, I've got Crystal Palace in the Championship and then Heerenveen in the Eredivisie. It works a treat, and their value can rocket if they perform well.

I bought a regen striker for 3m, loaned him out to Mainz for a season and then sold him for 15m when he returned.

I wouldn't say it's a weak side, but Deulofeu is better on the right wing and De Rosa is mainly an AM and I don't have any wingers coming through at the moment!

I'd be interested to see a screenie of Forde!

Yes definitely, I've got Crystal Palace in the Championship and then Heerenveen in the Eredivisie. It works a treat, and their value can rocket if they perform well.

I bought a regen striker for 3m, loaned him out to Mainz for a season and then sold him for 15m when he returned.

I wouldn't say it's a weak side, but Deulofeu is better on the right wing and De Rosa is mainly an AM and I don't have any wingers coming through at the moment!

I'd be interested to see a screenie of Forde!

I'll try and get that sorted after my EURO Cup game, got Anorthosi, for who Seol Ki-Hyeon is currently playing for!

Not a bad return on him then!

Ahh, your scouts not returned with anybody good?

I'll get it uploaded after my game, and his history so you can see assists/goals, he hasn't improved that much stats wise I don't think, but he just seems to do quite well, his avr is below 7, but considering I threw him in the deep end, he did hold his own, he kept Kites out the squad most of the first season too.

EDIT: Here's the screenie of Forde.

AnthonyForde.png

Last edited:
I find the U18 segment to be the easiest by far! My U18 loses maybe 2 games a year and is always a +40 differential. All of my facilities are upgraded. I don't have good players coming straight to me just yet as I haven't won anything but a cup through to 2016, but you can find plenty of high-rated players either on free transfers or for 500k-1.5m. You'll get your money back and more on almost all of them, so I don't mind paying. Brazil and Ivory Coast are brilliant. Get them in the system for a bit, and send out to feeder clubs when just good enough. I've got Coventry as my main one, and brought them up from 3rd tier on the backs of my loaners. They're doing well in the Championship, again thanks to Wolves. They were in the relegation zone until I sent them more reinforcements, and are now in a playoff position the next year. Unfortunately that's a bit better than I want them to be doing, but I'm trying to keep them just successful enough to be of use to my youngsters. In a season or two, loan them out to a bigger 1st-tier side, and either move to 1st team or sell.

Easy as pie.

Last edited:
On FM11 I sent three of my players out on loan to Reading and they won the League Cup with my striker scoring a hat-trick in the final. He was then sold for 15m to Bayern!

My best regen story is on FM10 when I played as Reading. Picked up a released Turkish striker called Cetin Dursun, had him in my reserves for a while, forgot he existed until all my strikers were injured. I chucked him in, his stats were average at best but he bagged a hat-trick on his debut when we were thoroughly mid-table, led us on a late charge into the Premier League, Premier League survival, then into Europe, Premier League winners and then Champions League holders. He was a God. When 11 came out, I used FMRTE to check his CA/PA, and it turned out he had a PA of around 180!

Just signed 37 year old Ade Akinbiyi for Solihull Moors, heady days.

I was thinking of making a 'Wolves Legends' database edition if anyone was interested in contributing. If there's enough interest I'll start a separate thread for it.

One is pissed off with Fm 12.

Signed Chris Wood from the shite for 3 mill

fans were in uproar because he was a sandwell player.

Be bangs 39 goals in 46 apearances and gets wolves into the champions league.

Fans are still moaning and I get sacked because of the fans.

I blame Langdale for all of this.

Back