• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I've got Solihull in a reasonable mid table position coming up to Christmas, some squad issues getting worse though, half my players are actually contracted to me properly and i dont have the money to sign them up permanently so the ones that are playing alright are attracting attention and theres pretty much nothing i can do to tempt them to stay. Hopefully i can find some decent replacements somewhere that are willing to sign for a maximum of £70 p/w.

Finally, after four attempts we've won the Champions League. And beat one of our jinx teams in the process too. What the video doesn't show is Pepé getting sent off shortly after our first goal, and Gonzalo Higuain going off injured 9 minutes after that. Our lucky day certainly, but the first two goals were corkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ZGlk4ny-U

Last edited:
Well done Boozad!

I started getting back into my Northampton save and had a complete nightmare, tried everything I could do to change things and make it work but by the start of December we were on a long run of defeats, morale rock bottom and I'd had enough. Resigned and a month later got offered the Hull job who were 10th in the same league (1). A lot of injury problems and too many of the same type of overpaid players but the budgets are astronomical compared to where I was.

With O'Hara about to hit 30 and a host of quality CMs coming through I decided to sell him. He wasn't happy, as confirmed by his parting shot.

Untitled-6.jpg

Are Fiorentina offering you Gylfi there? Sign him, he's incredible!

Yep I've had several of the "cosmopolitan" comments when selling/loaning players. Makes me laugh.

Not got involved with this thread for some reason but Gylfi is quality, bought him for 8 million and he's now listed in the icon section in the information of the club. Haven't played for a while but just had a quick look and he has played 276 games for me scored 87 and has 101 assists.

Finished 12th with Solihull Moors and got to the FA Trophy final, fairly happy with that, think they given me some extra money for wages for the coming season in the initial budget too so i might be able to sign someone this year. Time to start scouring the reserve and youth teams of every League 1 and 2 team to see whats on offer.

Yeah they were, and I was going to go for him but I couldn't utilise him in my formation. He plays as an AMC and it's rare I use one, I opted to go for Ross Barkley instead who cost £7m more than Gylfi would have done but fits straight into my team. Plus he's four years younger.

He plays left wing for United on my game and tears it apart.

I've got Barkley, but he never really plays anymore. He's not improved as much as I'd hoped, but was a bargain at 5m.

Gylfi could play on the left but I have Dos Santos and Kishna who he wouldn't have got in front, and he could play on the right but I have three world class right siders so he wouldn't have got a look in there either.

Barkley's good on my game, an England regular and only 22. He's better than the outgoing O'Hara with better potential, and as I'm England manager he'll get plenty of intentional experience too. Mind you, I did pay £21m for him.

Kishna is pap on my save, looks the same as your Zeli!

I've never got anything out of Dos Santos, so fair play there.

I used Ross a lot in my 3rd/4th season, but I've got better now. I've got Alaba who is an absolute tank ans I've agreed to sign an English regen cm from United for 16m. I'll look to move on Rodwell to make way for him. I only use one actual cm, so there's no point in having more than 3. They'll be Alaba, Keegan (the regen) and Barkley, but Ross may be off in the summer as I've got another regen coming through.

Playing Mexico as England manager, having Fierro and Torres rip you apart feels a little strange!

Damn, Gylfi is a BEAST in my save... Currently worth 54m and on $300k/w at Arsenal though, so I'll stick with the two youngsters I have... :icon_lol:

He's a ML/AMC for them. Goals/Assists are pretty poor through 26 games, but his attributes are pretty crazy. His worst performance came against... well, I'm sure you can guess. ;)

Last edited:
Finished my second season with Wolves, after winning the league first year, a disappointing 7th position finish in the second, but that was mainly down to injuries, I had Fletcher out for around 3 months, SEB out for 2 months, I was left with youth strikers, who weren't good enough. I made a fair few signings, they were all youngsters bar Taiwo, Alderweild and Bassong, so they're for the future, I sold Doyle for £2.7m, Craig Dawson for £3m, and in January I sold Alderweild for £5m, made a profit on him, so not too bad.

Pre season in the 3rd, I made a few more experienced signings in Jonny Evans, Pablo Hernandez and Radja Nainggolan, absolute beast of a player for £5m! Let the likes of SEB, Doherty and other useless players go out on a free.

Will update in January, got a few promising youngsters in the squad, will be playing them in cup games and hoping they progress, got them training schedules to help them progress too, so big hopes for them.

Top effort on winning the league! What was your team?

How was Alderweireld for you? I've always been impressed by his stats, but never bought him as I don't like players with low determination.

I'm just about to play the final of the Club World Cup against Chivas.

You should have held on to Alderweild, he just went for £17m in my game.

Just checked on him in 2018, which should be his prime and he looks very very average and is playing for Le Havre.

Top effort on winning the league! What was your team?

How was Alderweireld for you? I've always been impressed by his stats, but never bought him as I don't like players with low determination.

I'm just about to play the final of the Club World Cup against Chivas.

-------------------Hennessey---------------------
Foley-------Johnson------Stearman/Bassong-----Kleber
----------------------Fernando-----------------------
------------------Jenssen---JOH--------------------
Forde------------------------------------------------Jarvis
----------------------Fletcher------------------------

Alderweild wasn't anything special really, kept getting ripped, I found the Johnson/Bassong partnership was the best for me, had Johnson who would win the aerial battles, and if not, Bassong would clear up after him!

Fantastic effort if you manage to win that mate, I'm way behind atm, need a few more years for the kids to mature and come good!

You should have held on to Alderweild, he just went for £17m in my game.

I needed someone who could come in and do a job if Bassong/Johnson were injured/unfit, and he didn't, I found Stears was a more than adequate replacement for those 2.

Back