• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

The way this game handles a few things is really starting to annoy me. Fan/media expectations, club reputation, staff contracts, players attacking and always forcing corners, players not going for a ball when it's near them, board interaction... Player salary requests seem to be off too.

Still enjoying the game. Currently in July 2017, have a good feeling about the upcoming year!

What are your issues with them?

I've found contract renewals to be decent, I've been able to haggle people down from 120k a week to 60k, I'll never accept their first set of demands. Yes, I've ended up pissing a few players off by not granting what they want, but they deal with it sooner or later or I'll ship them off.

What are your issues with them?

Fan/media expectations - being top 4 in the division all year, and 2 weeks before the end of the season I'm chosen to lose to 19th place despite having a healthy, well rested team, etc.

club reputation - 2nd place premier, carling cup winner, FA cup semi, CL semi... reputation still only 3.5 star.

staff contracts - should be able to pay someone a really high wage to bring them on, even if they don't want to come. also, randomly wanting 4x as much

players attacking and always forcing corners - happens all the time, plenty of time for the player to run around opposition but slows down to a near stop and forces corner when they could've gone at goal.

players not going for a ball when it's near them - my entire team has high determination and work rate, not sure why this happens...

Small complaints, really. And I'm probably just doing something wrong.

Some of that is pretty arbitrary stuff, it's not really hurting you, is it?

There are always a few issues with the match engine, and I agree wit you on that one but I'll happily accept that as there have been some horrendous issue with some of the past games.

Where do you even find your clubs rating? I'd say 3.5 is about right, you're a cup winner but haven't won a domestic title or European title.

We're Europena champions, and I still can't attract everybody I would want to sign! It takes ages to match the reputations of Barca, Real, AC, Man United and co.

club reputation - 2nd place premier, carling cup winner, FA cup semi, CL semi... reputation still only 3.5 star.

Think when Leeds were in the CL, Newcastle even, they still weren't classed as highly as Arsenal or Man Utd. Sustained success leads to higher reputation, not just a current good run as it could be a flash in the pan.

staff contracts - should be able to pay someone a really high wage to bring them on, even if they don't want to come. also, randomly wanting 4x as much

I like that feature, if they don't want to come to your club then money shouldn't be able to tempt them.

players attacking and always forcing corners - happens all the time, plenty of time for the player to run around opposition but slows down to a near stop and forces corner when they could've gone at goal.

players not going for a ball when it's near them - my entire team has high determination and work rate, not sure why this happens...

Match engine quirks, slightly annoying but enough to live with in the long run. I think with some of it you have to allow some creative thinking. It's nothing you're doing wrong, but probably more down to the ME overcompensating to create a pre-determined situation/move.

I do believe I did explicitly stated I was both nitpicking AND still enjoying the game, did I not? ; )

Whether I won or not shouldn't matter-- I went to the last stages of every competition and Aston Villa (who's done jack shit) is still rated higher than me. Looking at a lot of the other clubs above me I guess I can't complain too much... I'm still in the top 50 in the world. I was thinking maybe your reputation can only increase so much every year, so to be up with Barca, ManU, etc. I'll just have to repeat for another 4 seasons. Sounds like its just the way the game is meant to be.

Still though, while 2nd in the premiership and in the semis of the CL, having 16 year olds tell you to fuck off and coaches not wanting to come hurts your feelings. :icon_lol:

I'm starting to struggle a little now, games are being hard fought and I'm just about scraping through but just been held by the Blouse at home.

Next game is against United, who having started the season poorly have gone 17 without defeat and have an unbelievable defensive record, whilst mine is no where near what it was before the Chelsea dicking. If I win, I'll be 9 clear, but I'm not confident.

ManU is ridiculous defensively in my game as well-- only gave up 14 goals in the entire season.

Can a player only know 5 PPM's at a time?

Can a player only know 5 PPM's at a time?

Yes, I believe so.

I just put 3 past United, so that's ended their impressive run but I've lost both Ismail and Deulofeu who is now out for the season through injury!

Best 11 in the league at the moment season 2014/15
--------------------- Hart
Richards ----Grant ------Berra----Elokobi

------------Ferdaninho----Lucas
Johnson ---------------------------Ismail
----------Villanueva-----Vossen

I am the Reading Boss got them promoted on a shoe string budget but still I blame langdale for getting me the sack out of the wolves job

I swept aside Villareal 3-1 away in my final preseason friendly. They scored after 59s with their first foray at goal, but I battered their goal from then on, and in the 2nd half goals from Fletch, O'Hara and Griffiths put them easily to bed in the end.

I used a 4-1-3-1-1 formation with two wide players and a central spine of three in a line. It worked really well with a Counter attacking instruction and focusing passing down both flanks. Jarvis, O'Hara and Kightly tore them a new one.

Only a friendly I know but I'm quietly optimistic for my first league game at home to Fulham.

Worcester City are safe in the Premoer League! Quite firmly mid table, 49 points with a trip to St Andrews and the closing defeat at the Emirates to follow, should see us finish about 13th. Hopefully the survival will help my reputation a bit, and I'll be able to attract better than CL club drop outs. I'm also hoping Burnley go down as they've got fantastic young players I want to poach.

Worcester City are safe in the Premoer League! Quite firmly mid table, 49 points with a trip to St Andrews and the closing defeat at the Emirates to follow, should see us finish about 13th. Hopefully the survival will help my reputation a bit, and I'll be able to attract better than CL club drop outs. I'm also hoping Burnley go down as they've got fantastic young players I want to poach.

Well played.... My reading side have just got relegated on the last day... You guessed it.... I got a new contract :facepalm: gonna start a new game

Solihull Moors have really stepped up their game in my third season in charge, first season i've actually put much effort into it though to be honest, McAlinden is proving to be a decent foil for the attacking midfielder that plays just off him and its been very rare for me to have less than 15 shots in a game. Could just do with a little more individual quality to make the most of all the chances i'm making though.

Found a striker that had all the check boxes I want in a man up front and he didn't appreciate my haggling so OL got him. Disappointed.

In the meantime I took a picture of my assistant manager. ;)

assistant_manager.jpg

*Awaits wrath of Langdale*

You need to download the kits T3ch!

Back