• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I nearly left in a huff half way through the season. Scottish Cup 4th round away at Queen Of The South, typical old school champ man game - battered them and lost one nil. Oh well, take it on the chin and all that, maybe a bit too much rotation or just one of those games.

Until then the players call a team meeting saying they're unhappy with the elimination and demanding to know what I'm going to do about it! I was legit fuming, basically told them all to fuck off, how dare you challenge me etc, and there was about 15 of them angry. Thankfully no hangover from it, but I was proper affronted by it 😂

Might drop my CV off later. The North West Counties League Division One cannot cope with the 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress

1725792233841.png

1725792266451.png

My top goalscorer is currently earning £5 a week on his yoof contract

This thread is great, considering getting back into a football manager game. Not sure my laptop would be good enough to run it though.

I still hold an unhealthy resentment towards the virtual Wolves board from almost 20 years ago.

Think it was CM 03 that I was playing. They blocked a move for Makelele because Keith Andrews was better, sacked me after an ultimatum.

Never played before and considering it. Having a quick read up on Reddit whilst trying not to fall into a rabbit hole before I've started like I do with most things 😂

A few threads suggest newbies starting with a bigger team and/or a team you know well i.e Wolves, but worried I'll get a bit bored with already being a prem team. Would it be stupid for me to start as a team like Guiseley who I sort of follow? (Not even sure it goes that far down)

I don't you'd find managing wolves boring, it's far from easy to go from midtable to title challengers, and will definitely be worthwhile in prep for a longer term save

Never played before and considering it. Having a quick read up on Reddit whilst trying not to fall into a rabbit hole before I've started like I do with most things 😂

A few threads suggest newbies starting with a bigger team and/or a team you know well i.e Wolves, but worried I'll get a bit bored with already being a prem team. Would it be stupid for me to start as a team like Guiseley who I sort of follow? (Not even sure it goes that far down)
You could always do what I did and go for the "other" Wolves - Wolfsburg.

Transfers and squad registrations are a pain in the arse in England. You can't even sign staff without them needing work permits.

Reactions: b3h
You can also set your staff up to do basically everything as well to begin with and then gradually start doing bits yourself as you get used to the basics.

You can pick a plug and play tactic and just select the team and do fine I think.

Probably helps to pick a team where you know the players a bit as well for your first save just to help with selection and set up.

Reactions: b3h
Memories of this thread patting themselves on the back for getting Wolves promoted from L1 in FM14. Yes, well done lads.

I never manage Wolves, they take up enough of my life as it is.

Memories of this thread patting themselves on the back for getting Wolves promoted from L1 in FM14. Yes, well done lads.

I never manage Wolves, they take up enough of my life as it is.
You should. Then you could sell Guedes and Doherty on free transfers after first telling them they aren't good enough to be in your plans.

Nice bit of catharsis for you 😉

Christ it's a slog at this level.

Highest paid player is on £55 per week but the debts in the background building up.
No player has any transfer value and my main defender is being arsey as I won't let him leave to go and play for AC Dogs Bollocks or something. Put a huge £1000 transfer fee on his head and he moaned I was pricing him out of his dream move...did the same when I lowered it to £500.

If I do get promoted my budget (loose change from the Chairman's sofa) is going to get reduced and will probably lose my main players.

Don't think I've blinked for the last 24 hours. Haven't got much work done either, oops.

Heck of a lot to take in but think I've got the gist of the main bits. I've delegated a lot to the appropriate staff. The loans guy seems to be denying everything but probably just gunna leave him to it for now.

Went with Leeds. Bit of a challenge but thinking it's still sort of easy mode as they have a good squad and a few players that I'm hoping might be wonderkidz.

Think I've finally caught on that no one wants an injured Patrick Bamford as a part exchange deal so that's something.

2 new injuries and I've played about 3 friendlies, 1 against myself. Happy days 😂

Once your Recruitment Focus(es) have found a list of players, what's best to do from there? Seems to be several options as I'm fiddling but don't know which to use

Once your Recruitment Focus(es) have found a list of players, what's best to do from there? Seems to be several options as I'm fiddling but don't know which to use
I've watched a few videos on this. The best seems to be to shortlist those that you might be interested in, then delete and restart the focus. Otherwise it tends to sit their finding very few new players forever more. Restarting it seems to get you a load more new players again.

In general though they aren't as good as just scouting yourself with the player search. I generally use them for club competitions with a scout who's familiar with that country/region. Like the Copa America, Asian Champions League, international youth tournaments, and the UEFA Champions League with all the earlier qualifying rounds on.

Yup, scouts and directors of football are fucking useless at identifying talent

Scouts are ok at finding young players if you set an individial focus for each age. So 9ne for 15 years old only. Then the same for 16, 17 and maybe even 18 too.

Cheers. I've gone a bit mad on hiring scouts so I've set them to do 15-18 on a specific nation for now, and a more general one for the England leagues which I guess might help with homegrown later on. I'll just see how it goes. Hardly anyone wants to sign for me so doesn't matter much yet I suppose :D

Back