• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Superb! See you down the Rec for the Champions League game 😅

"Mein Bretterschuppen..."

"Mein Bretterschuppen..."

"Ist größer als dieser...."

"Ist größer als dieser..."

All upgraded, can confirm that FM23 saves carry over just fine.

Downloading fm24 now, my laptop isn’t really up to it these days but I’ll give it a go!

FM24 is available for free for a week on Epic from tomorrow.

No catch, create an account if you don't already have one, claim it, yours forever.
Sounds like a great opportunity to upgrade - haven't played regularly since FM15!

Anyone recommend a good English lower leagues add-on?

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK WE'RE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!! Last 4 seasons we've been knocked out in RO16; 1/4; PO; RO16

Scraped into top 8, and was rewarded with a last 16 tie against Valencia, against whom we won both legs. 6-2 on aggregate. Liverpool in the QFs and a 3-1 agg win, and then onto Real Madrid in the semis; we took the lead in the Bernabau in the first leg in the 30th minute, and then basically Tony Pullised the rest of the game - they absolutely battered us

1725711002688.png

Second leg and I kept the same cautious tactic; defensive fullbacks, two DLPs and it was one of those games where there's literally no highlights; a combined xG of 0.62 until the 82nd minute when we caught them on the break and made it 1-0. A capacity 24,924 crowd at the new Charlie Kirkwood Arena were then sent to heaven with a second goal in stoppage time.

It really, really helped that I'd already won the by the QF, so played the kids either side of each leg, and it definitely helped being able to pick a fresh, best eleven.

Unfortunately we've got Man City in the final. Three previous meetings - 4-0, 3-0 and 2-1.

The 2-1 is what I'm clinging to - it was earlier this season in the group stage, and it was actually a good, close game

1725711612289.png

If nothing else I hope it helps with the reputation as it's still not easy to get some players to talk to me. Not talking top players, even some exciting youngsters from the likes of River or Lyon often won't talk to me.

I had initially intended on getting a new job once I'd won the SPL a few times. I didn't think it'd be possible to win the Champions League with such a small club in such a small league. No doubt we've had luck on our side this season, but I guess you don't need to be the best team in Europe to win it, just in the top 15 or so, and then get lucky. One game to go

When will you publish your Champions League edition of the Podcast?

1725712831110.png

Half time. I'm doing a Nuno - trying to turn it into a 20 minute football match. I'm shaking a bit

Downloaded and added a massive lower league database.

In charge of Market Drayton. First pre-season and I won 6-0 (5 up at HT)

1725717323160.png

I can accept ridiculous outcomes like Del leading a team who had to play CL games at a Leisure Centre to the ultimate European glory but that result just makes the game look stupid. Uninstalled...

Yeah kid you sound like you really would be happy to stay. Accept you work at the Muller factory and get your head down....

1725718709962.png

Back