• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

It gets worse. I've managed to sell some players for reasonable money, but I'd rather have kept most of them as i'm left with 13 players of first team standard. But it hasn't helped the finances

a - they're only giving me 60% of what I raise.
b - for some reason I can't adjust my budgets, so I've got a transfer budget of £8m, but I'm still -£30k per week on my wages. This means that even if I agree terms with a club, when it comes to contracts I'm capped at £350/week.

If this doesn't sort itself I can see us going from Champions to 7th. Devoed

Surely you will get offered a better budget job after a trip to the Champions League

Surely you will get offered a better budget job after a trip to the Champions League
I'm turning jobs down regularly, I wanted to have a stab at the CL with bonny for a few years to see how far we could grow with the money.

FUCKING CUNTS

So I'm sat there with a £13m transfer budget but nothing in wages. I ask, they say no, I leak to the press and they cave, changing my wages from £170k per week to £300k per week without taking a penny off my transfer budget. So now I've missed out on my top targets and I've got to rebuild my fucking team. Fucking wank game

I've seen that before on YouTube with smaller clubs getting into Europe and then given nothing. From what I remember you have to suffer a couple of seasons before they start giving you anything. Have you got any large debts in the finances that need paying off first?

Apparently it's the same in the Portuguese leagues.

£13m debt for a new stadium - 15k capacity - and £27m in the bank after my firesale

I think I'm gonna have to load my transfer fees into future years amd give myself more wages if I'm going to stand a chance of splitting the glasgow clubs this year

On FM Mobile, I’m getting really fucked off with the game randomly making my teams collapse towards the end of the season.

The game crashed on my shitty Amazon tablet and I had to reinstall it so I’ve started again as Wolves (which was annoying as I lost all the achievements is preciously unlocked). I was doing well and in a great position to qualify for Europe but have now gone on a run of 3 wins in 11 games to throw it away.

Even with the terrible run, I’ve just played Chelsea with 3 games to go where a win would have put me 5 points ahead of them and in pole position for a Europa spot. I was 3-0 down at half time with 6 of my players getting a rating of 5/10. What the actual fuck? I’m fuming.

It’s still not as bad as a Sunderland save I had where I was finally going to beat Man City to the title after being runner up two seasons in a row. I was 9 points clear with 3 games to go and still lost the title on goal difference!

It's a good game actually.

Last of the current iteration of games too, as they are revamping FM25 with a new match engine/platform that will be completely different.

I'm on 23 still, will definitely upgrade as I believe on 24 there's an amendment which means it's no longer basically impossible for lower league English clubs to sign players from overseas (essentially on 23 the players you can attract [especially at non-league level] have zero chance of getting a work permit - thanks Brexit - so you can never bring them in) and also a set piece coach will do all that work for you rather than spending ages at the start of every game painstakingly setting them up yourself (if you don't, you will basically never score from a corner or a free kick played into the box).

Yeah I've been really happy with 24. A few annoyances* but nothing that ruins the experience.

*my worst is when you've got a player listed for say £2m, and then about 17 clubs come in with the exact same piss take non-negotiable bid. Like same upfront, same installments, same appearance bonus, same sell on fee.

It's a good game actually.

Last of the current iteration of games too, as they are revamping FM25 with a new match engine/platform that will be completely different.
Yep I'll be waiting for that as I'm still playing FM23 and 24 is almost identical.

Although, isn't FM24 backwards compatible with FM23 saves? Might be a no brainier to do that actually.

I'm on 23 still, will definitely upgrade as I believe on 24 there's an amendment which means it's no longer basically impossible for lower league English clubs to sign players from overseas (essentially on 23 the players you can attract [especially at non-league level] have zero chance of getting a work permit - thanks Brexit - so you can never bring them in) and also a set piece coach will do all that work for you rather than spending ages at the start of every game painstakingly setting them up yourself (if you don't, you will basically never score from a corner or a free kick played into the box).
I hate managing in England in FM23 thanks to the daft transfer and registration rules.

I switched to Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga instead where there are virtually no squad limits or work permits.

Although, isn't FM24 backwards compatible with FM23 saves? Might be a no brainier to do that actually.
Was not aware of this but apparently it is. Even better, I don't have to throw away my game with Chester.

It’s also a no brainer with fm 24 being free!

I notice they’ve delayed the new one to the end of November, I could see it being a bit of a mess with the new engine and everything - at least for 6 months while they iron out the issues

I notice they’ve delayed the new one to the end of November, I could see it being a bit of a mess with the new engine and everything - at least for 6 months while they iron out the issues
Yeah, I can see it being like the old days where it was buggy as hell for months until the userbase basically did all their testing for free.

Think it was FM14 where there was a release day bug which made it borderline impossible for any full backs to average more than about 6.50 (and frequently they'd do miles worse than that). Cue your fans constantly going mental at you for picking shit players :D Think I had Sagna and Lahm and the fans hated them!

May as well just wait and include the January update at this rate.

Back