• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I tend to prefer to use my scouts to find players rather than the player search as it feels a bit more realistic than just looking for specific stats from the whole database.

Fuck you Sam

View attachment 11587

This is off the back of a 1-1 draw against the team in 4th place.
Followed this game with a 6-6 draw!! From 3-1 down to 5-3 up to 5-5 to taking the lead late on, only for them to score in the 97th min to level up

Hope you recorded over your son's school play with that game Sam

This thread is great, considering getting back into a football manager game. Not sure my laptop would be good enough to run it though.

I still hold an unhealthy resentment towards the virtual Wolves board from almost 20 years ago.

Think it was CM 03 that I was playing. They blocked a move for Makelele because Keith Andrews was better, sacked me after an ultimatum.
I know what you mean. My favourite edition was Champ manager 01/02. I rather doubt it would play on my current computer but if I could find the disc, I may try!! Fuck knows how many hours I had into that game. Wasted a quarter of my life I shouldn't think... that's why I stopped but this thread has awoken something in me.

Realising most my team have an 82% wage increase on promotion kinda ruined my Friday night. Spent it trying to renew them all for a little bump and no bonus. I love and hate this game all at once, it's great.

Sam is old news, Rosie is in town and still thinking about the mad 6-6 from a few months back

View attachment 11619

Struggling hard...

View attachment 11620
I'd have sacked you for failing to beat Coleshill, you all know (probably not, most of you rightly take no notice of any of my posts) how much I love that place...

Last edited:
I'd have sacked you for failing to be Coleshill, you all know (probably not, most of you rightly take no notice of any of my posts) how much I love that place...

Sad bloke that I am I thought of you when seeing Kenny's post. Gary Shaw stared his career there :(

I'd have sacked you for failing to be Coleshill, you all know (probably not, most of you rightly take no notice of any of my posts) how much I love that place...
My lads are fooked.

Cup games, delivering the post, working on building sites, managing a Boots, training, trying to out perform the local primary schools nativity, League games etc

It was also a top of the table clash
1726494772375.png

I started a journeyman save with Southport. Managed promotion to the conference in season 2. Spent most of season 3 applying for jobs so in league 2, desperate to get away from part-time club management. Bloody hate it. They wouldn`t let me take any coaching badges, ungrateful buggers. Turned down by a good few clubs before Walsall took me on. Almost finished my first full season with them now winning Division 2 with 6 games left and reaching the final of the Papa John. Will meet Wrexham in the final but it will have to wait because I`m off to Greece tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Really enjoying the game at the moment but the aim of a journeyman is to progress one`s career so we`ll have to see.

Had a week off after my Champions League win to decide what I want to do. I'm going to stick at the Rose for while yet, I want to be the best team in the world, and that'll mean domination in the Champions League, not just spawning it. I'm quietly confident - our ground is now selling out at 32k a game, and our reputation means that I can sign young players without having to put a minimum release clause in. Been signing 17/18 year olds and keeping them at the club so I'm now up to 6 HGC players that are genuine squad options, even if they're not amongst my best players.

So last season we actually managed to reach the Champions League final again. Ridiculous route; somehow got 8th with 16 points and a monster goal difference, and then faced Leverkusen, Benfica, and Ajax on route to the final where Liverpool absolutely trounced us 4-1.

Once again, in between two legs of Champions League football, I rotated heavily in the Scottish Cup, battered the opposition, and lost...thankfully no player revolt this time. It would've been deserved, too - I didn't notice it was cup match, thought it was just the league so did a full rotation...then having lost, got to the second leg against Leverkusen and remembered I was 4-0 up anyway, so that one was 100% on me.

Unbeaten in the league though, which is a first for us in our rise from the depths of cinchville, and just managed the century of points on our way to a 7th successive league title. Mad that we've only managed to win the Scottish Cup once in all that time, yet we've won the Viaplay six times on the bounce.

Took charge of England too as I was offered it in a WC rotation, we breezed the groups scoring 16 goals, got through Switzerland in the RO16, and now look forward to a QF tie against Argentina tonight. Exciting times.

I think once I've turned Bonnyrigg Rose into the greatest team the world has ever seen I'll keep the save going, but move on to a different club, going from continent to continent until I've taken a club from nowhere to being to best in their region. I think we'll be well into the 2100s by then which will be my longest ever save by miles, and hopefully by then they'll have sorted the bugs out on FM25 and it'll have been reduced a bit

I think I've been in a pub called the Anvil across the road from the Bonnyrigg Rose ground. Fucking midden.

Back