• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Even if they made one it wouldnt matter. You think UKIP voters do so having carefully weighed up the pros and cons of each manifesto?
I bloody hope so, reading each others manifesto should also be compulsory for each party so they go into debates fully prepared.

Here's me thinking a manifesto should be obligatory.
Didn't Farage scrap their last manifesto? I presume they are in the process of trying to put a more serious one together but how many UKIP voters will pay attention to it. They'll vote for them purely because of their stance on the EU and immigration unfortunately.

Of course you are and of course it is :facepalm:

Why are you struggling with that? I've voted Lib Dem in all bar one general election - can't get much more lily-livered centrist than that.
And are you really suggesting that the current Labour party is a left-wing entity?

Didn't Farage scrap their last manifesto? I presume they are in the process of trying to put a more serious one together but how many UKIP voters will pay attention to it. They'll vote for them purely because of their stance on the EU and immigration unfortunately.
So your not then breaking down the economics and how that then effects everything else, yep smart move that.

Why are you struggling with that? I've voted Lib Dem in all bar one general election - can't get much more lily-livered centrist than that.

I don't think I'm the one struggling with where you think you are. (Clue: Not central).

They have no manifesto at the moment and plenty of people still seem willing to vote for them. I honestly don't think too many UKIP voters will pay attention to any of their actual policies.

And people will continue to vote for them. Immigration is a major concern for many folk, and UKIP are their way of protesting against the traditional parties. Though it seems that finally both Labour and Conservatives are waking up to the problem.

They have no manifesto at the moment and plenty of people still seem willing to vote for them. I honestly don't think too many UKIP voters will pay attention to any of their actual policies.

And people will continue to vote for them. Immigration is a major concern for many folk, and UKIP are their way of protesting against the traditional parties. Though it seems that finally both Labour and Conservatives are waking up to the problem.

Latest Betfair trade has Ukip's Mark Reckless as a 78% chance to win the Rochester & Strood by-election :burp:

Here's me thinking a manifesto should be obligatory.

They'll just add stuff as they get closer to office/parliament,probably cherry pick from other manifestos and twist a few meanings here and there.
For now they know any sensible manifesto will sink them without trace.

They'll just add stuff as they get closer to office/parliament,probably cherry pick from other manifestos and twist a few meanings here and there.
For now they know any sensible manifesto will sink them without trace.
There's a TV show in the UK called Catchphrase I think they target the same audience.

There's a TV show in the UK called Catchphrase I think they target the same audience.

It's not so much the audience/voters as it is about becoming a real party,once it's about more than protesting immigration they won't look that appealing anymore. :)

Took a similar protest party here over 30 years to become relatively housebroken and a 'proper' party.They were popular in the 70s and 80s protesting taxes,fees on alcohol and treatment of the elderly,now they're part of our government for the first time. :)

Fair enough, but I feel that immigration is out of control, and has been for some time. Successive governments have done little about it. In parts of Lincolnshire, there are communities that are overwhelmingly Eastern European. And despite some peoples views, they do not all work. Many have come over to take advantage of our benefit system, and of course our NHS. Many more are not skilled workers, but come over and work in the fields all hours god sends for a pittance.

Whether one supports UKIP or not, it is clear that many people share their view on immigration. A friend of mine openly admitted the other day that he would be voting UKIP at the next election, and he was instantly denounced as being racist.

The only way anything can be done about immigration is pull out of the EU. Obviously, successive Government have decided that is not a good thing and I tend to agree. Do you think it would be a good thing to pull out of the EU?

The only way anything can be done about immigration is pull out of the EU. Obviously, successive Government have decided that is not a good thing and I tend to agree. Do you think it would be a good thing to pull out of the EU?

I am not sure that withdrawal is the answer, what is needed is more control on immigration.

I am not sure that withdrawal is the answer, what is needed is more control on immigration.

We can't pick and choose, we're either in or we are not. Illegal immigration is a different matter and by definition it will still happen as it does regardless of what we do.

We can't pick and choose, we're either in or we are not.

I'm not sure that's entirely true - at least it wasn't when Thatcher was PM. Her stance was exactly to pick and choose. Cameron, as head of probably the EU's economically strongest member, could do the same, if he had the balls.

Back