• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I think it is illegal not to be on the Electoral Register, as for not voting, it's a right that we all share, although i believe that by not voting you forfeit the right to moan about how the Country/local council is being run.

I think it is illegal not to be on the Electoral Register, as for not voting, it's a right that we all share, although i believe that by not voting you forfeit the right to moan about how the Country/local council is being run.

I pay very little attention to anything political, that's why i don't vote, i don't see the point in my going out there and making a completely uninformed decision, it's not going to benefit anyone. I guess now i'm getting a bit older things various governments do are probably going to have a greater effect on me as i come from under the parents' wing i should probably make an effort to pay a bit more attention and perhaps even make the effort to vote.

Not sure if either of my parents bother voting anymore actually, i remember them both doing so when i was younger but can't recall any recent occasions.

If you don't vote, I don't ever expect you to be on here moaning about anything at all.

If you can't be arsed to vote, you have no right to an opinion.
This is your opportunity to influence the policy & decision makers. If your time is too valuable, don't expect any sympathy when your flight gets delayed, or you can't get NHS treatment, or road tax goes up, or any other issue that affects you.

For someone who moans so fucking much, you really should vote. Pretty hypocritical not too.

I'm coming round more to the idea that I should just vote in line with what I believe, rather than tactically. The Greens have zero chance of ever getting anywhere in a General Election round here, in fact no-one does other than the Conservatives. I like voting so I'll stick with the Greens if only as a fruitless gesture.

It's a tough one. I too live in Toryville so in a General Election my vote is effectively worthless. I'll never vote Tory in my life and so I'm doomed to be backing a loser for as long as I live in this constituency (or the system changes). I suppose voting Labour (as I would be more minded to do in a GE on the very, very slim chance they can pip the Tories) or voting Green in that sense doesn't make any difference. If I backed the Greens then they have more chance of not losing their deposit...so maybe they'd field more candidates, campaign more strongly etc.

It's what makes Clegg's actions so reprehensible, for many people at a stroke he wiped out a genuine third option in national politics for his own tiny personal share of power. He should have told Cameron to fuck off and form a minority government being as he failed to convert one of the biggest political open goals in history.

Did the average person on the street actually know what the Lib Dems stand for before they got into government through the back door?

If you don't vote, I don't ever expect you to be on here moaning about anything at all.

If you can't be arsed to vote, you have no right to an opinion.
This is your opportunity to influence the policy & decision makers. If your time is too valuable, don't expect any sympathy when your flight gets delayed, or you can't get NHS treatment, or road tax goes up, or any other issue that affects you.

For someone who moans so fucking much, you really should vote. Pretty hypocritical not too.

So you're saying absolutely everything in life is dependant on the UK government?

Well done Mark - you got a bite. :icon_rolleyes:

Did the average person on the street actually know what the Lib Dems stand for before they got into government through the back door?

Maybe not, I don't think that many people are that politically engaged. But enough people are - plus they had a grassroots support built up over decades - and it's that subsection just turned off them overnight out of one man's avarice. Those unpaid volunteers helping the Lib Dems campaign didn't do all that so their leader could rubberstamp Dave and Gideon's Marie Antoinette policies in their name.

Well done Mark - you got a bite. :icon_rolleyes:

Genuinely not aiming for one for a change, just a bit slow a work and thought i'd throw in my thoughts, gave Trev a reasonable response didn't I?

I don't vote because I don't have a clue. I don't think anyone should if they haven't like myself either. Maybe I'll be aware of the bigger picture when I'm a little older and then perhaps I'll vote.

I don't vote because I don't have a clue. I don't think anyone should if they haven't like myself either. Maybe I'll be aware of the bigger picture when I'm a little older and then perhaps I'll vote.
I think you should take a bit more responsibility & look into the options.
Suppose it's easier to not bother though, eh?

A person who didn't know what the LD's stood for, probably didn't have much idea what any party stood for. I'm reasonably politically engaged, and voted LibDem in the last election, because they were the closest politically to me, and were the only chance of keeping the Tories out where I live. I *thought* I knew what they stood for, but they fucked me over so they could feel important looking at the back of a chauffeur's head. In part that's what has turned me against tactical voting.

No. I'm saying if you don't vote, then you have no right to complain. Ever. About anything.

Why not? Say if i complained about someone crashing into my car, what's that got to do with me choosing whether or not to vote? No decision i could've made in a polling booth could've made any difference to that situation.

You're talking nonsense.

Well it might have been nasty Romanian that crashed into you and if you had voted UKIP the crash would never have happened.

Or a gay marriage nearby may have caused rain affected skiddy, hazardous driving conditions.

I think you should take a bit more responsibility & look into the options.
Suppose it's easier to not bother though, eh?

Indeed. I wouldn't know where to start. I agree if you've got stronger issues with the bigger picture you should be putting your vote to use.

I wonder how many people bother to vote but don't really have a clue about it all, and know that they don't have a clue. It can't be many... I hope!

You'll struggle to get any serious credit (loan, mortgage, car finance) if your not on the electoral roll. I've suffered in the past from that.

Or a gay marriage nearby may have caused rain affected skiddy, hazardous driving conditions.

Or your sister/future Wife/partner having just had s baby rushing back to work two days after giving birth having had their maternity leave scrapped.

I actually think one should have to earn the right to vote, by a test on the policies of those involved. Somebody who votes for the same party time after time, regardless of the climate and policies is as dangerous, or more so, as somebody ticking a random box, or not voting at all.

Back