• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Haven't voted, never have and probably never will.

I actually think one should have to earn the right to vote, by a test on the policies of those involved. Somebody who votes for the same party time after time, regardless of the climate and policies is as dangerous, or more so, as somebody ticking a random box, or not voting at all.
I don't agree, there's nothing wrong with having a philosophy that determines your political persuasion, far better than the floating 'what's in it for me' voter in my opinion.

Really? My dad voted tory, so I'll vote tory, and my kids will vote tory.... That's not an informed choice, it's a brainwashed mantra. A political allegiance formed and never broken, regardless of the political environment is nothing but a folly.

Saying mark has no right to moan as he doesn't vote.... How does somebody who votes blindly have any more right to moan?

Indeed. I wouldn't know where to start. I agree if you've got stronger issues with the bigger picture you should be putting your vote to use.

I wonder how many people bother to vote but don't really have a clue about it all, and know that they don't have a clue. It can't be many... I hope!

Ask people in here. Google the parties and their policies. Go on Twitter. It's really not hard to find out a bit about each party and what their plans (or lack of) are.

I'm certainly no expert but I do listen to what is said on here and make sure the person I vote for is the right person for me to vote for.

If none of them are, I vote for the one that's the least offensive.

I've got no allegiance to any party really, although I am dead against certain others, whose policies and attitudes I find repugnant.

Personally I think it's wrong not to vote - we're lucky to be able to, even if none of the choices do anything for you. Most of the time it's sheer laziness as opposed to ignorance but either are easily solved with 10 minutes on t'internet and a 10 minute walk to the polling station.

I've done my bit tonight and voted for a party I haven't voted for in years.

Really? My dad voted tory, so I'll vote tory, and my kids will vote tory.... That's not an informed choice, it's a brainwashed mantra. A political allegiance formed and never broken, regardless of the political environment is nothing but a folly.

I can think for myself, I decided from an early age the political party that most suited my ideology, I've had no reason to change that train of thought.

ended up banging my head in frustration here yesterday.
Got involved (damn it) in a political discussion with four locals. the taverna owner said he voted for Syriza in our village mayoral elections.
I asked him what are they planning policy wise for Vasilika, to help reverse the crisis in a village that is close to desperate at the moment.
he said he didn't know, so i asked the obvious, why did you vote for them? his reply "because she's my second cousin"

in a poll of around 600, every vote counts, i will stand next time, on the platform of making it legal to shoot fucking idiots at election time.

Took my lad with me to vote this morning, told him how important it is to make up his mind himself as to who he thinks will have the best impact for the most people. He quite enjoyed it. (He's 7). Hopefully he'll be interested when the time comes for him to do it properly.

Saying mark has no right to moan as he doesn't vote.... How does somebody who votes blindly have any more right to moan?

Absolutely, blind faith is worse, it's having the brain to think about what you're voting for and not just follow the mantra that makes voting worthwhile. Otherwise, why bother?

I think you are right Del, you should know what you are voting for. This is why I felt uncomfortable, all I knew really was not to vote for UKIP. The only reason I did vote was because I was curious to see how it was all done, though I have promised myself next time I will know what I am voting for.

I vote in every election. I always have done and always will. But having said that, those who choose not vote are still making a choice.

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will

I vote in every election. I always have done and always will. But having said that, those who choose not vote are still making a choice.

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will

I love my Rush but their rw libertarian tea partyesq nonsense can be a bit offputting. Not that the above lyric is that.

Neil Hamilton embarrassing himself (and by extension UKIP) on Question Time tonight. Started off by banging on about "net migration" into Britain, flagrantly using figures from a discredited source - Migration Watch, for crying out loud - while in the same breath admitting he didn't know how many skilled people left the country per year. Then went on to doubt Ukraine's claim on being a sovereign state in its own right.

Says a lot about Farage that he sees fit to appoint such a discredited buffoon to a position of authority.

Ta-ta Labour. Please, please, please, can we have KTEC back for an hour or two tomorrow?

Not a chance. Labour have had a bad night. The lib-dems worse. The conservatives worst of all.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has suggested a conservative pact with UKIP at the next election to keep labour out. Any sniff of that and I will be spoiling my ballot paper as there will be no one left I can vote for.

have labour had a bad night? 20% more councillors based on the results so far

have labour had a bad night? 20% more councillors based on the results so far

Expected more and if they want to be seen as heading in the right direction ahead of next year then they needed to be doing more than is now being predicted.

Could be a tough few weeks for Eddy.

The papers will be all about farage's success and millibands failure for the next few weeks - which kind of let's nick clegg off the hook a bit.

Back