• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Lenny Henry wants people to be judged on their talent alone?
Be careful what you wish for, Lenny.
He can do a passable West Indian accent and that's about it.
Karl Henry is funnier.

Lenny hasn't been funny since the 90's. I agree with people about being judged on talent, however people won't work with arseholes no matter how talented they are.

There has been plenty of talk about, or more pointedly lack of, policy. Vis detailed an entire page to the shambles that is UKIP policy. UKIP don't even talk about UKIP policy which is amazing considering what they are trying to achieve. I gave t once heard Nige talk about economics of coming out of the EU and what to do about it, other than, 'we'd renegotiate our own trade deals'. Good luck with that one. KTEC has revised to talk or answer any questions on the EU and just talks about immigration and border control. Not once has anybody put forward a case for leaving the EU other than border control. And nobody has said what effect immigration (controlled or otherwise) has had on their particular lives or the effect on the UK as a whole.

Absolutely, which Is why I was discouraged when racism, sexism and homophobia was mentioned. I'm not partial to UKIP but I have concerns about immigration and think they more closely match my views than any other party. As for trade agreements, then I dare say they need us more than we need them. Our problems is exports, innovation and competing with cheap labour abroad. I am not particularly against their fiscal policy. In short I don't trust any of them and as I said to TSB I am no nearer deciding if I shall vote. The sums have to add up for me.

Lenny Henry wants people to be judged on their talent alone?
Be careful what you wish for, Lenny.
He can do a passable West Indian accent and that's about it.
Karl Henry is funnier.

Delbert Wilkins was hilarious and he was great on Tiswas. Seems a bit of a twat these days though.

Absolutely, which Is why I was discouraged when racism, sexism and homophobia was mentioned.

I think you'll find it was UKIP representatives that raised these subjects and gave the opportunity for THEIR comments to be debated.

Farage only deals with these people when their views are made public.

I think you'll find it was UKIP representatives that raised these subjects and gave the opportunity for THEIR comments to be debated.

Farage only deals with these people when their views are made public.

And the electorate will decide on policy ( if discussed ). But as I said, Racist, homophobic and sexist remarks are not the monopoly of UKIP. Then again I don't always believe everything I read in the media.

There has been plenty of talk about, or more pointedly lack of, policy. Vis detailed an entire page to the shambles that is UKIP policy. UKIP don't even talk about UKIP policy which is amazing considering what they are trying to achieve.

Indeed, Farage gets pulled up numerous times about UKIP manifestos and pledges and he claims never to have read them less still had any part in crafting them. What a tinpot way to run a supposedly serious political party.

Indeed, Farage gets pulled up numerous times about UKIP manifestos and pledges and he claims never to have read them less still had any part in crafting them. What a tinpot way to run a supposedly serious political party.

Really want to see him live debate with Dave and Ed. See what he's made of.

And the electorate will decide on policy ( if discussed ). But as I said, Racist, homophobic and sexist remarks are not the monopoly of UKIP. Then again I don't always believe everything I read in the media.

What policy? If there was anything remotely worthwhile discussing then fair enough but even Farage has dismissed their last manifesto as "drivel" and "nonsense". All UKIP offer for discussion us their policy on Europe and the proclamations of their representatives on social media and party meetings.

What policy? If there was anything remotely worthwhile discussing then fair enough but even Farage has dismissed their last manifesto as "drivel" and "nonsense". All UKIP offer for discussion us their policy on Europe and the proclamations of their representatives on social media and party meetings.

Couldn't agree more. The sums don't add up. As I said he needs to go head to head against Dave and Ed and the debate should not be sidetracked by racism etc.

Couldn't agree more. The sums don't add up. As I said he needs to go head to head against Dave and Ed and the debate should not be sidetracked by racism etc.

Because you've decided they're not racist? What about all those who do think they are racist and want that scrutinised properly? Do we just ignore that because you think it is "sidetracking"? Who made you judge and jury?

Because you've decided they're not racist? What about all those who do think they are racist and want that scrutinised properly? Do we just ignore that because you think it is "sidetracking"? Who made you judge and jury?

I said UKIP don't hold the monopoly on racist members. I don't think their immigration policy is racist and I'm not the only one. As you remember, Labour apologised a while back for similar thoughts and insinuations.

I said UKIP don't hold the monopoly on racist members. I don't think their immigration policy is racist and I'm not the only one. As you remember, Labour apologised a while back for similar thoughts and insinuations.

What I said earlier. Just because you don't think their policy is racist, doesn't mean that others think the same as you. Therefore in any debate it is a fair topic to discuss, ignoring it is just sidetracking the issue. Same goes for their representatives comments on women, homosexuality, Muslims, Romanians, Greeks etc.

I doubt Farage could talk for an hour on their only policy in any case.

What I said earlier. Just because you don't think their policy is racist, doesn't mean that others think the same as you. Therefore in any debate it is a fair topic to discuss, ignoring it is just sidetracking the issue. Same goes for their representatives comments on women, homosexuality, Muslims, Romanians, Greeks etc.

I doubt Farage could talk for an hour on their only policy in any case.

Which UKIP policy is racist and why?

Farage point-blank refuses to specify a single Ukip policy before 22 May, other than withdrawal from Europe ("Oh, and bringing back grammar schools, you can have that"). He even refuses to rule out any of the policies that featured in the party's 2010 manifesto, a document he describes as a "load of late-night ramblings" and has never actually read. Will he not even rule out one of its more memorable pledges, the compulsory dress code for taxi drivers? "I've burned all 400-odd pages of it, burned it all, so I'm not prepared to discuss any of it."

It's redundant to wish for him to debate with the leaders of the two main parties because he evidently has no interest in policy based debate.

It's redundant to wish for him to debate with the leaders of the two main parties because he evidently has no interest in policy based debate.

Does he want live debate with Dave and Ed? If allowed he will show himself up .. Bring it on.

Not everyone is granted that kind of stage. If he wants to be treated in those terms then he needs to ascend from the level of pub bore that he currently is. You cannot expect him to be given that kind of exposure when he outright refuses to discuss policy. Otherwise you may as well invite Russell Brand to the debate as well.

Not everyone is granted that kind of stage. If he wants to be treated in those terms then he needs to ascend from the level of pub bore that he currently is. You cannot expect him to be given that kind of exposure when he outright refuses to discuss policy. Otherwise you may as well invite Russell Brand to the debate as well.

That's democracy I'm afraid. People vote for him in numbers.

That's democracy I'm afraid. People vote for him in numbers.

But what is the point in inviting him to a debate when he won't contribute anything, by his own personal policy of not commenting on policy? What is he meant to be quizzed on, how can he reasonably challenge the other two leaders when putting forward no solutions of his own?

I agree that if UKIP have sufficient support AND are willing to debate policy then there is perhaps merit in inviting him. At present there is none. Imagine you were interviewing four prospective managers for your football club, and one of them said that he had no intention of revealing what kind of football he'd play, or what kind of vision he'd have, or what his transfer policy would be. However he would be prepared to carp at the other three when they were asked those very questions. Would you give him the time of day?

Back