• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

You mentioned disproportionate. Please answer my question/s in terms of representatives and voters.

Are you saying that the racists, sexists and homophobes are not more likely to vote UKIP?

That is not what I have been saying. I was only referred to UKIP and their representatives. I have not said anything either way about voters but I would assume that those Tories who are dissatisfied with what they consider to be the current liberal attitude towards homosexuality by the current Tory party might be more inclined to vote UKIP. I would assume that some who would previously have voted for BNP, NF etc might well be inclined to vote UKIP in the absence of any alternative.

Some of these people may well hold racist, sexist and homophobic opinions but unless they tell me or are a news story how would I know?

That is not what I have been saying. I was only referred to UKIP and their representatives. I have not said anything either way about voters but I would assume that those Tories who are dissatisfied with what they consider to be the current liberal attitude towards homosexuality by the current Tory party might be more inclined to vote UKIP. I would assume that some who would previously have voted for BNP, NF etc might well be inclined to vote UKIP in the absence of any alternative.

Some of these people may well hold racist, sexist and homophobic opinions but unless they tell me or are a news story how would I know?

So why do you think those that represent UKIP are disproportionately more racist, homophobic and sexist when there is no policy that they represent supports this. Seriously, I'm not being obtuse - I find that an interesting observation.

So why do you think those that represent UKIP are disproportionately more racist, homophobic and sexist when there is no policy that they represent supports this. Seriously, I'm not being obtuse - I find that an interesting observation.

Because of the things people say while representing UKIP and in UKIP's name.

Exits be honest, these people ( you call morons, as well as the rest of us) are saying out loud on social websites, exactly what UKIP , you and Nigel believe will win votes.

What you are doing is saying in a whisper, no this is not us, this is not a reflection of UKIP, while at the same time failing to dissassociate UKIP from them and thus still gathering the extreme xenophobic support they attract. You want the votes but pretend it's not ukip policy.

Bollocks, either Nigel, names , shames and disowns them publicly, or accepts that he wants the voters, and ipso facto votes they attract, because without them, he's nowhere.

Cake and eat it? I think so.

As TSB succinctly said, there are a large number of issues regarding membership of the EU, yet UKIP is clearly canvassing on just one of them, Immigration, and an inaccurate version at that.

I agree with TSB, debate and criticise the current EU immigration policy, but how can you blame the immigrants for acting on what is law!

Pav, I honestly don't believe that the comments of a few idiots will win votes. To be fair to Farage, when these instances have been bought to light, he has acted swiftly and removed these sort of people.

I agree that UKIP are canvassing on specific issues but they happen to be the ones that many of the British Public are most concerned about when it comes to our EU membership. Farage has never blamed Immigrants for the problems in this country. He lays the blame firmly at the door of our membership of the EU and the rules that we are forced to adhere to. This is why he wants a change and this is why UKIP have a great chance of winning the Euro election.

Of course, if you are a party that will never come to power via a General Election, and you feel very strongly about certain issues within the EU, and if you get the support of a decent percentage of the electorate in an EU Election, because they feel that EU policy is having a detrimental effect on their streets, suburbs, towns, city's and the infrastructure of their country, the only thing left to you is to try and put pressure on Governments to change things and force a Referendum.

The fact that we are being prevented from having a Referendum is only increasing support for UKIP.

Pav, I honestly don't believe that the comments of a few idiots will win votes. To be fair to Farage, when these instances have been bought to light, he has acted swiftly and removed these sort of people.

I agree that UKIP are canvassing on specific issues but they happen to be the ones that many of the British Public are most concerned about when it comes to our EU membership. Farage has never blamed Immigrants for the problems in this country. He lays the blame firmly at the door of our membership of the EU and the rules that we are forced to adhere to. This is why he wants a change and this is why UKIP have a great chance of winning the Euro election.

Of course, if you are a party that will never come to power via a General Election, and you feel very strongly about certain issues within the EU, and if you get the support of a decent percentage of the electorate in an EU Election, because they feel that EU policy is having a detrimental effect on their streets, suburbs, towns, city's and the infrastructure of their country, the only thing left to you is to try and put pressure on Governments to change things and force a Referendum.

The fact that we are being prevented from having a Referendum is only increasing support for UKIP.

There won't be a referendum because people will vote against EU. That's something the real power brokers in the world don't want and that's why our ' democracy ' is quite laughable. You never know one day you'll get a decent debate on party policies without the mention of racism, sexism etc to side track it.

But where is the disproportion?

In my head. Like everyone else I deal with the information i am presented with and I agree that all political parties have undesirables, UKIP has a disproportionate amount. I try not to preface every opinion I have with the words "in my opinion" as I take that as a given.

There won't be a referendum because people will vote against EU. That's something the real power brokers in the world don't want and that's why our ' democracy ' is quite laughable. You never know one day you'll get a decent debate on party policies without the mention of racism, sexism etc to side track it.

UKIP, whose policies you wish to debate, are in the news because a whole slew if their candidates and representatives have been making outrageous statements on social media, comments that encourage debate on what they are saying. Check the thread title.

There has been plenty of debate on this thread about the EU but it seems "it is not the droid you are looking for" so if anything it is you who is using the racist, sexist, homophobic discussions to denigrate others contributions. It isn't as if there is much contribution from you on the topic of the EU, you seem more interested in anything but the EU.

In my head. Like everyone else I deal with the information i am presented with and I agree that all political parties have undesirables, UKIP has a disproportionate amount. I try not to preface every opinion I have with the words "in my opinion" as I take that as a given.

And you cannot provide evidence of any disproportion. Nobody is judge and jury.

UKIP, whose policies you wish to debate, are in the news because a whole slew if their candidates and representatives have been making outrageous statements on social media, comments that encourage debate on what they are saying. Check the thread title.

There has been plenty of debate on this thread about the EU but it seems "it is not the droid you are looking for" so if anything it is you who is using the racist, sexist, homophobic discussions to denigrate others contributions. It isn't as if there is much contribution from you on the topic of the EU, you seem more interested in anything but the EU.

My point is that there is little debate here or in the media on policies - in fact there are few solutions offered anywhere. It is all swallowed up in talk of racism,sexism and homophobia when no party actually advocates any of it. It is a point scoring, diversionary tactic often used by Politicians of whatever persuasion. Basically it's waffle.

Try offering solutions rather than point scoring.

Why? Who made you judge and jury of this thread? Elsewhere I have discussed my opinions on EU membership. At the moment I am discussing my opinions on UKIP the party and the comments of some of their representatives. The only one trying to score points at the moment is you.

I will make comment as I see fit, when I see fit and how I see fit.

Why? Who made you judge and jury of this thread? Elsewhere I have discussed my opinions on EU membership. At the moment I am discussing my opinions on UKIP the party and the comments of some of their representatives. The only one trying to score points at the moment is you.

I will make comment as I see fit, when I see fit and how I see fit.

I was generalising and it was not meant as a personal remark so apologies for that - although racism, sexism and homophobia raised their head which is why I answered you. I try not to be judge and jury which is why I wished Politicians could concentrate on representing rather than point scoring. I expect plenty of that in the next election and I will find it quite entertaining. I am quite apolitical, see purple and a farcical democracy therefore concerned when policies get left behind by other stuff. Really wish there was somebody I could vote for but no nearer to that I'm afraid.

My point is that there is little debate here or in the media on policies - in fact there are few solutions offered anywhere. It is all swallowed up in talk of racism,sexism and homophobia when no party actually advocates any of it. It is a point scoring, diversionary tactic often used by Politicians of whatever persuasion. Basically it's waffle.

There has been plenty of talk about, or more pointedly lack of, policy. Vis detailed an entire page to the shambles that is UKIP policy. UKIP don't even talk about UKIP policy which is amazing considering what they are trying to achieve. I gave t once heard Nige talk about economics of coming out of the EU and what to do about it, other than, 'we'd renegotiate our own trade deals'. Good luck with that one. KTEC has revised to talk or answer any questions on the EU and just talks about immigration and border control. Not once has anybody put forward a case for leaving the EU other than border control. And nobody has said what effect immigration (controlled or otherwise) has had on their particular lives or the effect on the UK as a whole.

KTEC; why don't you want gay people to marry? What religion are you and is your church/ place of worship against this? And why do you think Lenny Henry is a racist?

Lenny Henry wants people to be judged on their talent alone?
Be careful what you wish for, Lenny.
He can do a passable West Indian accent and that's about it.
Karl Henry is funnier.

Back