• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

They're against gay marriage, aren't they?

Okay which UKIP policy is racist, homophobic or sexist? Are you or anybody else above the law?

I haven't argued that UKIP policies are any of those things. I have expressed the opinion that UKIP attracts people who are racist, sexist and homophobic. Where those people then put themselves forward to be elected representatives their attitudes, values, beliefs and the opinions that stem from those things are fair game for scrutiny.

They attract a disproportionate number of people with such views and there is no law in the land that prohibits having racist,sexist or homophobic opinions.

I haven't argued that UKIP policies are any of those things. I have expressed the opinion that UKIP attracts people who are racist, sexist and homophobic. Where those people then put themselves forward to be elected representatives their attitudes, values, beliefs and the opinions that stem from those things are fair game for scrutiny.

They attract a disproportionate number of people with such views and there is no law in the land that prohibits having racist,sexist or homophobic opinions.

You are setting yourself up as judge and jury when you are not. Debate policies and don't character assassin in an attempt to point score. The Labour Party apologised a while back for such behaviour. It's cheap.

They're against gay marriage, aren't they?

It's not illegal to oppose gay marriage. Personally, I don't think it's anybody's business what gay people decide to do and that matter is one for the Church and not Politics.

It's homophobic though, which is what you asked.

You are setting yourself up as judge and jury when you are not. Debate policies and don't character assassin in an attempt to point score. The Labour Party apologised a while back for such behaviour. It's cheap.

Absolutely spot on. When people examine policies on Europe from the so-called main parties, after all this is a European Election, perhaps this is one of the main reasons why UKIP are still ahead in the most recent YouGov Poll as per the Sky News link referred to earlier.

Maybe people have just grown wise to the gutter press tactics and they are not interested in sad little individuals - who will be kicked out of UKIP anyway. When they stand in the voting booth, about to put their cross in a box, what will the voters be thinking about ? Uncapped Immigration, control of our own borders and Governing our own country, without being dictated to by unelected Eurocrats in Brussels.

They are the issues that will determine how well UKIP perform in May.

I think religion is homophobic and there are representatives of all parties that are homophobic. I'm not quite sure if the Conservatives or Labour are any different to UKIP on such matters. There are many blurred lines, possibly because they don't want to put off ' religious ' voters.

I have not made a specific allegation about any specific individual - you on the other hand have found me guilty of character assassination.

Who are your you to tell me I can't have an opinion? It isn't as if I am the only one who holds a similar opinion.

I didn't make the comments - they are made by UKIP representatives.

Many people, me included, are more than happy for two Gay people to be 'joined together' in a Civil Partnership and have all of the same rights and benefits that a heterosexual couple would have.

However, some people, again me included, are opposed to Gay 'Marriage'. How does that make us Homophobic ?

Even Gay people are not all in favour of Gay Marriage.

Exits:
Are they really going to be swayed by a few morons who have associated themselves with the party ?

trouble is, it's A) not just a few morons but actually the UKIP nominees for the elections, and as you have been trying to get rid of them for over a year and they are getting worse, what happens if they do win a seat?

there are too many, actually quoted in this one Guardian article for it to be swept under the carpet, so what can Nige do now? You can't simply disown them they are standing in the elections as UKIP official candidates.

I have not made a specific allegation about any specific individual - you on the other hand have found me guilty of character assassination.

Who are your you to tell me I can't have an opinion? It isn't as if I am the only one who holds a similar opinion.

I didn't make the comments - they are made by UKIP representatives.

You mentioned homophobia, sexism and racism and yet couldn't point to a single policy that fitted this description. Maybe character assassination was OTT so I apologise for that but I felt you were insinuating (maybe rightly or wrongly) that UKIP was the party to attract those that subscribe to such views. The reality is that all parties contain those types of people as evidenced. The need is to debate policy and offer solutions not point score. Yes you have an opinion but all that you mentioned can be applied to all parties. It is policy that counts and policy that should be debated.

Exits:

trouble ius, it's A) not just a few morons but actually the UKIP nominees for the elections, and as you have been trrying to get rid of them for over a year and they are getting worse, what happens if they do win a seat?

there are too many, actually quoted in this one \guardian article for it to be swept under the carpet, so what can Nige do now?

And UKIP don't hold the monopoly on homophobes, sexists and racists. That's both representatives and their potential electorate.

Many people, me included, are more than happy for two Gay people to be 'joined together' in a Civil Partnership and have all of the same rights and benefits that a heterosexual couple would have.

However, some people, again me included, are opposed to Gay 'Marriage'. How does that make us Homophobic ?

Even Gay people are not all in favour of Gay Marriage.

We are all equal by law ( despite attempts at positive discrimination) and people are allowed to disagree with homosexuality however distasteful no doubt some of us find this. If the church allows gay marriages who really cares - none of my business.

Exits:

trouble ius, it's A) not just a few morons but actually the UKIP nominees for the elections, and as you have been trrying to get rid of them for over a year and they are getting worse, what happens if they do win a seat?

there are too many, actually quoted in this one \guardian article for it to be swept under the carpet, so what can Nige do now?

Well if there is no way to de-select the morons to stop them standing as candidates, Nigel will have to console himself with the most recent YouGov Poll ?

Have you noticed how, even on here, the discussion is centred around a few morons. No-one is discussing the merits of staying in or leaving the EU.
Which of course is exactly what the 'Political Establishment' wants. Maybe people have woken up to media manipulation ?

Negative stories about individuals who have attached themselves to UKIP doesn't change the fact that we have un-caped immigration, no control over our own borders and we are Governed from Brussels. Isn't that what the European Elections are supposed to be about ?

Well if there is no way to de-select the morons to stop them standing as candidates, Nigel will have to console himself with the most recent YouGov Poll ?

Have you noticed how, even on here, the discussion is centred around a few morons. No-one is discussing the merits of staying in or leaving the EU.
Which of course is exactly what the 'Political Establishment' wants. Maybe people have woken up to media manipulation ?

Negative stories about individuals who have attached themselves to UKIP doesn't change the fact that we have un-caped immigration, no control over our own borders and we are Governed from Brussels. Isn't that what the European Elections are supposed to be about ?

A few??????? you announce them as unnofficial not UKIP backed, but if you do that there goes the bulk of the seats you seem to think you will win at a canter.

Denounce them, take away the party backing, or accept they represent UKIP, which clearly is the case anyway, so why waste so much breath waffling and pretending they don't exist.

Practice what UKIP preaches, oops sorry, they are......silly me

You mentioned homophobia, sexism and racism and yet couldn't point to a single policy that fitted this description. Maybe character assassination was OTT so I apologise for that but I felt you were insinuating (maybe rightly or wrongly) that UKIP was the party to attract those that subscribe to such views. The reality is that all parties contain those types of people as evidenced. The need is to debate policy and offer solutions not point score. Yes you have an opinion but all that you mentioned can be applied to all parties. It is policy that counts and policy that should be debated.

I wasn't insinuating anything, I am stating that in my opinion UKIP is the party that attracts a disproportionate amount of racists, sexists and homophobes. I have used the word "disproportionate" on a number of occasions which suggests (clearly in my opinion) that while such individuals do align themselves to other political parties UKIP seem to get more than their fair share.

As I have also said, people write policies so if there is a disproportionate amount of racist, sexist and homophobic people writing those policies then that is a reasonable area of scrutiny.

Personally, I believe that UKIP have deliberately allowed the debate to become blurred. There is an economic debate about the pros and cons of being in the EU but UKIP have been content to allow it to be about immigration and more often in recent times about immigrants. Immigration is only a small part of the in/out EU debate and immigration policy is the issue not immigrants themselves.

I don't being in or out of the EU is a racist policy but I do believe that some of those who represent UKIP see this policy as a means of verbalising their racism, their sexism and their homophobia.

I wasn't insinuating anything, I am stating that in my opinion UKIP is the party that attracts a disproportionate amount of racists, sexists and homophobes. I have used the word "disproportionate" on a number of occasions which suggests (clearly in my opinion) that while such individuals do align themselves to other political parties UKIP seem to get more than their fair share.

As I have also said, people write policies so if there is a disproportionate amount of racist, sexist and homophobic people writing those policies then that is a reasonable area of scrutiny.

Personally, I believe that UKIP have deliberately allowed the debate to become blurred. There is an economic debate about the pros and cons of being in the EU but UKIP have been content to allow it to be about immigration and more often in recent times about immigrants. Immigration is only a small part of the in/out EU debate and immigration policy is the issue not immigrants themselves.

I don't being in or out of the EU is a racist policy but I do believe that some of those who represent UKIP see this policy as a means of verbalising their racism, their sexism and their homophobia.

So you are saying that UKIP is the party that racists, sexists and homophobes are more likely to vote for?

If so why is that?

Exits be honest, these people ( you call morons, as well as the rest of us) are saying out loud on social websites, exactly what UKIP , you and Nigel believe will win votes.

What you are doing is saying in a whisper, no this is not us, this is not a reflection of UKIP, while at the same time failing to dissassociate UKIP from them and thus still gathering the extreme xenophobic support they attract. You want the votes but pretend it's not ukip policy.

Bollocks, either Nigel, names , shames and disowns them publicly, or accepts that he wants the voters, and ipso facto votes they attract, because without them, he's nowhere.

Cake and eat it? I think so.

As TSB succinctly said, there are a large number of issues regarding membership of the EU, yet UKIP is clearly canvassing on just one of them, Immigration, and an inaccurate version at that.

I agree with TSB, debate and criticise the current EU immigration policy, but how can you blame the immigrants for acting on what is law!

So you are saying that UKIP is the party that racists, sexists and homophobes are more likely to vote for?

If so why is that?

Where did I mention voters? We have been discussing the comments made by their representatives and UKIP the political party who have these people as their representatives. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Where did I mention voters? We have been discussing the comments made by their representatives and UKIP the political party who have these people as their representatives. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

You mentioned disproportionate. Please answer my question/s in terms of representatives and voters.

Are you saying that the racists, sexists and homophobes are not more likely to vote UKIP?

Back