• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Being attacked by Geoffrey Howe was like being savaged by a dead sheep

(c) Dennis Healey 1978

I would equate an attack by Nigel Farage with that almost absolutely.

Being attacked by Geoffrey Howe was like being savaged by a dead sheep

(c) Dennis Healey 1978

I would equate an attack by Nigel Farage with that almost absolutely.

I would say the same about both Clegg and Farage. Milliband isn't exactly frightening either.

I think most people are. Clegg importantly said there would only be a referendum if the Lisbon treaty were to be in some way changed. Cameron needs to address this as that is not what he promised the public. I'd be annoyed if we didn't get a referendum.

I thought Cameron's promise was only if he won out right at the next election. If he does then clegg can think what he likes, if it's another coalition the promise is void anyway....... The cynic in me thinks that maybe Cameron is reasonably sure the next government will be another coalition in one form or another

Clegg reminded me of some of the Numpty's on here. Farage had him beat on almost every issue and in desperation, Clegg preferred to bury his head in the sand and make it 'personal' and instead of addressing some of the real issues facing people in the UK, he decided to attack Farage and exaggerate the comment he made about Putin and take it out of all proportion.

Some on here have pointed to a couple of isolated idiots who associated themselves with UKIP. Then they attempt to tar the whole of UKIP, and anyone who supported them, with the same brush.
We hear very little argument about the merits of staying in the EU. Just scaremongering about what might happen if we come out.

Despite this and despite the media campaign, with the help of Labour and Tory, to try and paint UKIP as a load of 'Clowns, Racists, Fruitcakes' etc, the British Public are not falling for it this time. That's why UKIP have a great chance of winning the Euro Election in May.

Two numpties together, I guess one numpty had to win.

Clegg having to make it 'personal' and then this reminds you of the Numpty's on here.

Oh the irony.

Regards
Numpty

Clegg having to make it 'personal' and then this reminds you of the Numpty's on here.

Oh the irony.

Regards
Numpty

Sniffer, the difference is that Clegg is a supposedly very intelligent man in a position of some power who you would expect to engage intellectually in a debate our EU membership.

I, on the other hand, am a working class pleb with no influence, so I don't know any better.

I think because Farage has asked for a platform within which to express his views to the electorate. Considering the votes that UKIP got in the last Euro election that strikes me as absolutely fair enough, so that is one side of the debate.

Regarding his opponent, Clegg is a political dead duck as it stands so I guess he had to try something to generate some interest in his party. It will make no difference to his prospects that it appears he got carpeted on live TV. They were already VERY bleak because he has alienated his key support. I fully expect the Lib-Dems to take a right pasting at the Euro elections and also when it comes round to general election time. If Clegg had somehow performed a blinder he MIGHT have salvaged some of those votes. So it was worth it as a risk from his point of view - nothing left to lose. Shame he started the first debate with the EXACT same line as he started the first general election debate in 2010. Must think the electorate were born yesterday.

Regarding the beeb putting this on live, we are talking about a debate with the deputy prime minister involved so I'm not surprised at the coverage. Farage has made the most of that, but he has been on the attack against an opponent that barely matters. Farage needs to be getting into the notice of Miliband and most especially Cameron. At the moment he is still beneath their notice. That might result in quite a significant UKIP vote next month, but as I have said several times on this thread, UKIP only becomes viable when those votes are being matched in general elections.

Regarding his opponent, Clegg is a political dead duck as it stands so I guess he had to try something to generate some interest in his party. It will make no difference to his prospects that it appears he got carpeted on live TV. They were already VERY bleak because he has alienated his key support. I fully expect the Lib-Dems to take a right pasting at the Euro elections and also when it comes round to general election time. If Clegg had somehow performed a blinder he MIGHT have salvaged some of those votes. So it was worth it as a risk from his point of view - nothing left to lose.

Actually The Sun - themselves cosying up to "Nige" at the moment - report that Clegg began the debate with around 37% of those polled viewing him in a positive light. He finished it with 52% viewing him in a positive light. So he ended up on the deal anyway too.

Really? The exit polls I saw last night had Clegg getting completely mauled. Interesting.

Back