• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Sitting down looking forward to round 2 of the European debate. No doubt the BBC audience is full of left-leaning wishy washy types.

Is it Farage v Clegg again today? I assume the first debate hasn't tempted Cameron or Miliband to come out and play?

Another poor performance from Clegg and another nail hammered into the coffin of their European Duma election campaign before it's started.

Hammering nails into the coffin of a liberal party that is utterly unelectable and even hated by its core support for getting into bed with the political satan is one thing. Start winning debates against the big two, and that is something else entirely. UKIP are still beneath their notice.

Who performed best tonight ? YouGov poll has Farage on 68% with Clegg on 27%.
On the BBC News website, even a third of Lib Dems thought Farage won the debate.

In desperation, Clegg tried to make it personal because his arguments were so weak and 68% of the people in the YouGov poll saw right through the pro-european stance, just like the majority of the British people.

Farage completely wiped the floor with him. Brilliant performance Nigel.

Hilarious. Your 900k in the last election compares with about 6.9 million for my lot.

Shame you didn't pick up on the political reference on savaging and dead sheep as well. Know your history.

KTEC your keyboard seems to be set to Ranty, ranty, rant, rant.

Any chance of turning it to your usual 'crushing bore' setting please?

I understand how difficult it must be for people like you, fighting against the tide of popular opinion on certain issues, like our EU membership.
Sadly for you on this issue, the world does not revolve around this forum and you and your 'friends' on here, are in the minority on this issue.

Hope you don't get too upset at how well Nigel performed this evening.

We will only know if it is a majority view or a minority view for definite if there is a referendum. As you know, I am in favour of that.

You honestly thought he'd get that Paddy?

Farage did indeed destroy Clegg to the point Clegg wasn't convinced by his argument. Farage was less than truthful on his out is best for trade tirade. It isn't and Clegg was right with renegotiations. However, judging by the audience, it seems most people don't want the laws made by people they don't know which is understandable but at the same time they do want the benefits of being in a free trade zone.

Clegg tried to say leaving the EU would cost jobs and then accused Farage of scaremongering which was very poor.

We will only know if it is a majority view or a minority view for definite if there is a referendum. As you know, I am in favour of that.

I think most people are. Clegg importantly said there would only be a referendum if the Lisbon treaty were to be in some way changed. Cameron needs to address this as that is not what he promised the public. I'd be annoyed if we didn't get a referendum.

I understand how difficult it must be for people like you, fighting against the tide of popular opinion on certain issues, like our EU membership.
Sadly for you on this issue, the world does not revolve around this forum and you and your 'friends' on here, are in the minority on this issue.

Hope you don't get too upset at how well Nigel performed this evening.

That's better. Your usual drone is back, how's the Victim this evening?

You honestly thought he'd get that Paddy?

Farage did indeed destroy Clegg to the point Clegg wasn't convinced by his argument. Farage was less than truthful on his out is best for trade tirade. It isn't and Clegg was right with renegotiations. However, judging by the audience, it seems most people don't want the laws made by people they don't know which is understandable but at the same time they do want the benefits of being in a free trade zone.

Clegg tried to say leaving the EU would cost jobs and then accused Farage of scaremongering which was very poor.

You are correct in that I did not 'get' that particular historical reference. Is it relevant that I did not 'get it' ? Maybe it's my Comprehensive School Working Class Education that let me down a bit there ?

What I did 'get' was 'Paddy' avoiding the point I was trying to make, simply that YouGov had Farage on 68% and Clegg on 27%, so obviously that 'fact' did not meet with "Paddy's" approval so he has to go off on one ?

I see you have also taken to using Saturday Boy's intelligent put downs ? I am impressed that your own level of intelligence has come down to name calling now.

Is that the way forward then, that we continue to ridicule those that we do not agree with ?
Shall we get really personal on here or would you prefer a personal message ?

Please get personal. It will give me something to do later when I'm bored.

Victim was not name calling it was a description of your behaviour on here. Sorry if that wasn't clear but seeing as you have reverted to type it seems fair enough to call you out on it again.

And making threats makes you come across as "really" clever

Hilarious. Your 900k in the last election compares with about 6.9 million for my lot.

Shame you didn't pick up on the political reference on savaging and dead sheep as well. Know your history.

You still don't get it do you ? Your reference to 'my lot' and 'your lot' is so childish. Why do you think we have even had a live, nationally televised debate, at peak time, on our EU membership ? Why have the Tories had to 'guarantee' a Referendum if they win the next Election ?

Victim was not name calling it was a description of your behaviour on here. Sorry if that wasn't clear but seeing as you have reverted to type it seems fair enough to call you out on it again.

And making threats makes you come across as "really" clever

I haven't made any threats at all, but as you are saying things how you see them, I will reciprocate. I really despise you and that's part of the enjoyment of coming on here.

I haven't made any threats at all, but as you are saying things how you see them, I will reciprocate. I really despise you and that's part of the enjoyment of coming on here.

I don't know you - I am, therefore, ambivalent about you as a person.

Before Mr Smug gets things all out of proportion again............

It was a race to the bottom for both party leaders with overwhelmingly more boos than cheers from Twitter. Overall there were over eight times as many tweets that were negative about Clegg or Farage – people struggled to find something positive to say.”

- Total negative tweets about Farage: 10,946

- Total negative tweets about Clegg: 13,066

- Total positive tweets about Farage: 2,289

- Total positive tweets about Clegg: 723

Back