• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

But they do not need to when our elected members of parliament continue to act as they do.

Seriously? Because "some" MPs standards are lower than they should be, UKIP don't need to demonstrate credibility. They're certainly achieving that then.

But isn't that the whole point of it - a common union. I'm not totally sure we can blame the EU for our immigration policy.

So we can't blame the EU for forcing us to allow unlimited unskilled migration from ex-Soviet Bloc countries? We have plenty of young, unemployed British people who are perfectly capable of operating a coffee machine or a mop and bucket without admitting any more.

Hasn't the most pronounced immigration been skilled workers? Poles especially?

I would say that plumbing, for example, is a skill.

They wouldn't jump at the chance. That's bollocks.

They have the same opportunities to train as plumbers, until these skilled migrants arrived there was a desperate shortage of plumbers. Because the native population either couldn't do it or didn't want to do it.

There are not queues of shell suited Eastern Europeans itching to work in coffee shops or clean bus station toilets in this country.

They wouldn't jump at the chance. That's bollocks.

They have the same opportunities to train as plumbers, until these skilled migrants arrived there was a desperate shortage of plumbers. Because the native population either couldn't do it or didn't want to do it.

There are not queues of shell suited Eastern Europeans itching to work in coffee shops or clean bus station toilets in this country.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/migrants-uk-labour-market-overview

This gives a rough idea of where they are working. Much of these jobs I suspect could be done by those already here. I'd be quite happy to pay a Polish plumber who did a good job far more cheaply so I suppose it does have it's advantages. Why train doctors and nurses if you can get them cheaply from abroad?

I don't get the assumption that you can train anyone to be a plumber, carpenter, joiner, electrician etc. Let's say for a minute my work dried up and I found myself long term unemployed. I would be abysmal at any of those jobs if I tried. Plus I don't drive.

It's skilled labour, not 'sort of skilled, but on cursory observation it can't be that hard, so anyone could do it labour'.

Also looking at Papper's link almost half of all migrants live in London, an isolated bubble where demand outstrips supply in contrast to the rest of Dave n' Gideon's Britain, so no issue there.

Also looking at Papper's link almost half of all migrants live in London, an isolated bubble where demand outstrips supply in contrast to the rest of Dave n' Gideon's Britain, so no issue there.

And yet 8% of the population in London are unemployed and seeking work. Therein lies the problem.

Do you think they could all be retrained as plumbers? If so, at whose expense?

Do you think they could all be retrained as plumbers? If so, at whose expense?

No, but as you know the economic migrants take up plenty of unskilled work in London. The link above explains that. If economic migrants can find work in London why can't the unemployed?

I'm pretty sure employers are obliged to pay NMW regardless of citizenship. So you tell me. Is it inverse racism? I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure employers are obliged to pay NMW regardless of citizenship. So you tell me. Is it inverse racism? I doubt it.

No I suspect it's people who have no work ethic and are unemployable.

Back