• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I think we should all look beyond the race/immigration issue and vote for people who will oversee justice and equality for everyone. If someone commits a crime then it should be punished accordingly and any attempt to derail justice should be met with the firmest response. Again and again and again. Forget HS2, build more prisons and keep cramming people in, until we have no criminals and crime at all.
A police state with me in charge. Happy days.:drink2:

dredd_hi_res_2_crop_article_story_main.jpg

Judge Arklo

Faith schools have been a central part of this country's education provision for years. Your initial comment was that it made them "different" and I assume you were actually referring to Islamic schools. We are a predominately Christian country so it is hardly surprising that there are a large number of faith schools of that type given that education is a rather basic part of any civilised society.

Because we have faith schools in this country already I see no problem with other faith schools setting up for other religions as long as they provide a good standard of education. Many millions of children attend CofE schools, many others attend Catholic schools and have done for generations. Having faith is a choice, for many a very important choice and one which guides their lives and their decisions. Who am I, probably an atheist, or determine what they should and should not believe.

I didn't choose to go to a faith school, that choice was made for me. I didn't feel any different. My children didn't choose to go to a faith school, that choice was made for them. It doesn't make them different.

Your obnoxious, insulting, ignorant and frankly offensive comments are indicative of your general standard of debate. Your opinions, although that is being generous, are superficial, ill-informed and with very little merit. At the slightest hint of opposition you launch into personal attacks and name calling.

It isn't me who is the hypocrite.

My wife, a woman of faith, wanted our children to be educated in a faith school. I respect her beliefs, her faith and her decisions because that is what decent people do. They are well educated, cared for pastorally and have a good set of friends. I think that's a decent outcome for my children and one any decent parent would aspire to.

Inclusiveness does not mean all doing the same thing, in he same place and with everyone else. You narrow minded view on the world is not one I care to share, have empathy with or promote. You can dress your views up anyway you like but when you mange to offend so many people from a wide range of political opinion maybe it is time for you to take a step back and consider whether the problem is you.

In short. Up yours.

For me, a catholic primary school, and a C of E grammar school, for my kids C of E schools as they were the local schools for the area, and i didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

I agree with TSB's post above 1,000%, every single word of it! (and Paddy's comment too for that matter)

On reflection I think it might be best left to the experts. But you could do a hell of a lot with 52 Billion or whatever HS2 is going to cost you.

While I risk the accusation of being racist, it has to be said that the amount of immigration that our country has had to put up with in the last 10 years is staggering – absolute mind-boggling stupidity. The awful Labour party (which is supposed to represent the British workers) has swamped our country with immigrants from all over the world. What we are witnessing is the systemic destruction of our once proud country. We have figures this week that two thirds of all babies born in London have foreign parents. In some parts of the East End of London, 81% of all births are to migrants. In Leicester, 44% of school pupils are white. In years to come English will be the secondary language of Great Britain. How has this happened? I recorded a programme yesterday for The One Show when I visited my old house in Charlton. The lovely shops at the end of the road are now mostly boarded up, apart from the Chinese chip shop and the typical Pakistani corner shop. The place was covered in graffiti and filth, and there were bars, locks, chains and shutters on everything that could be stolen or broken. It never used to be like that – what’s happened?

Where are all the British people? Black, white and brown, it doesn’t matter – where are they? All I seem to meet are people who have English as their second language. What on earth was going through the Labour Party’s mind when they invited all these people? There are still some 600,000 immigrants a year coming through our country, mostly from Africa and Asia. This is madness. And to put the cherry on the cake, we have just sent £220 million to the terrorist capital of the world, Somalia…what the $#@! for? Surely there’s no one there!

Lifted verbatim from Jim Davidson's blog. Now I don't know about you, but if I ever started making serious posts on matters of race that made me sound a bit like Jim Davidson, I'd be very quickly reassessing my thoughts and attitude.

I think the man has an identity crisis and I suspect KTEC has too. The largest proportion of assholes I have met in my lifetime happen to be of this supposed British identity although an asshole is an asshole. It's quite simple to me, but I feel there is a genuine concern around immigration. Just a shame it turns so often into a race/culture issue. Justice and meritocracy for all.

For me, a catholic primary school, and a C of E grammar school, for my kids C of E schools as they were the local schools for the area, and i didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

I agree with TSB's post above 1,000%, every single word of it! (and Paddy's comment too for that matter)

The better schools tend to be in the more affluent areas and that is irrespective of what faith they promote.

I grew up on Ladywood, Birmingham, (the old five ways). My kids grew up in Pensax, near Stockton on Teme, a village with about 20 houses, mostly farm labourers.

I don't think the religious aspect makes any difference, it's down to the teachers and the number of kids per class, hence he reason why inner ciyy schools, despite their religious affiliation, have such a tough job.

The better schools tend to be in the more affluent areas and that is irrespective of what faith they promote.

In Wolverhampton we have St. Peters, C of E School and St. Edmunds, Roman Catholic School.
Both just off the Compton Road, and as you say, in a more 'affluent' area.
But kids are bussed in and driven in to both schools from all over the Wolverhampton area.
You don't even have to live in the Catchment area of the schools, to get your kids in there.

For people who send their kids to these kind of schools, it's a great way for them to avoid sending them to their local junior school / comprehensive school. (The kind of schools that my wife, my kids and I attended). Many parents will have genuine religious beliefs but of course there are also plenty that will pretend to have a particular religious 'calling', to enable them to send their kids to the school of their 'choice'.

I do see a lot of hypocrisy here. People like Nick Clegg declares himself to be an Atheist and then sends his son to a Catholic School that is "....one of the most prestigious and highly regarded schools secondary schools in London...."

He can 'hide' behind his wife's 'beliefs' and justify why he didn't send his son to the nearest local comprehensive school.

In true Lib Dem style, he also preaches multiculturalism, inclusiveness and, ironically, Equality !!!, whilst conveniently finding a reason not to send his son to a multicultural school. It's called "Do As I Say, Not As I Do".

He is not alone. Many, many parents up and down the country will do exactly the same thing.
It wreaks of Double Standards and Hypocrisy, under the guise of "I'm only doing what's best for my children".

My stepdaughter is at St Peters now. Her father is a regular churchgoer and went to that school himself. The school is also very definitely multicultural, or at least seems to be judging by the friends she brings home. I take it you know St Peters well when making these broad brush comments that are actually completely in contrast to what I know?

Sending children to the best school you can is "doing what is best for your child". I don't see any hypocrisy at all in doing that.

If KTEC is representative of the comprehensive school kids and the views they have to look forward to I suggest we scrap them all immediately and start a new school system.

If KTEC is representative of the comprehensive school kids and the views they have to look forward to I suggest we scrap them all immediately and start a new school system.

I completely agree Johnny. Our current Education / Schooling system is rotten to the core. Full of elitism and no equality. If all kids are supposed to be equal, then they should all be given an equal chance. Can we start with bulldozing the Public Schools please.

My stepdaughter is at St Peters now. Her father is a regular churchgoer and went to that school himself. The school is also very definitely multicultural, or at least seems to be judging by the friends she brings home. I take it you know St Peters well when making these broad brush comments that are actually completely in contrast to what I know?

Sending children to the best school you can is "doing what is best for your child". I don't see any hypocrisy at all in doing that.

I have known people over the years who sent their kids to those schools, and the reasons why. Surely you are not naive enough to think that it's only down to religion ?

I completely agree Johnny. Our current Education / Schooling system is rotten to the core. Full of elitism and no equality. If all kids are supposed to be equal, then they should all be given an equal chance. Can we start with bulldozing the Public Schools please.

Kids aren't equal so your argument falls down there. Why should a gifted child be subject to schooling they are ahead of just to fit a system? The same applies to the other end of the bell curve too.

Why should we stop people going to public schools if parents want to afford to put their children through a different form of education? Are you going all left wing KTEC and not told anybody about it?

In Wolverhampton we have St. Peters, C of E School and St. Edmunds, Roman Catholic School.
But kids are bussed in and driven in to both schools from all over the Wolverhampton area.
You don't even have to live in the Catchment area of the schools, to get your kids in there.

For people who send their kids to these kind of schools, it's a great way for them to avoid sending them to their local junior school / comprehensive school. (The kind of schools that my wife, my kids and I attended). Many parents will have genuine religious beliefs but of course there are also plenty that will pretend to have a particular religious 'calling', to enable them to send their kids to the school of their 'choice'.

I do see a lot of hypocrisy here. People like Nick Clegg declares himself to be an Atheist and then sends his son to a Catholic School that is "....one of the most prestigious and highly regarded schools secondary schools in London...."

He can 'hide' behind his wife's 'beliefs' and justify why he didn't send his son to the nearest local comprehensive school.

In true Lib Dem style, he also preaches multiculturalism, inclusiveness and, ironically, Equality !!!, whilst conveniently finding a reason not to send his son to a multicultural school. It's called "Do As I Say, Not As I Do".

He is not alone. Many, many parents up and down the country will do exactly the same thing.
It wreaks of Double Standards and Hypocrisy, under the guise of "I'm only doing what's best for my children".

Why would anybody want to send their children to be schooled with the offspring of the underclass?

Of course it's hypocritical but that's reality. Politics appears to me to be a career move and a service to GB PLC. The likes of Tony Benn are very rare but let's be honest a party lead by Tony Benn was completely unelectable. The parties morphed into one, there is no blue or red there is purple. I'm afraid it reflects people. Some will ALWAYS be more equal than others.

The bastion of equality and justice Dianne Abbott.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-5uMbMJ2EUQ

No, bring back grammar schools, let intelligent children of all backgrounds get a chance. Public schools won't go, the prominent members of the left and right need to be more equal than the others.

Has KTEC popped up, avoided all the questions asked, & tried to move the debate onto something else?

Well I never!

Only thing wrong with what you say here (certainly for the catholic school) is that it is completely wrong! Your theory conveniently ignores the other two catholic schools St Chads in Fallings Park and St Thomas More and all had their own catchment areas.

St Edmunds is in the more affluent West of the City, but its catchment area included Whitmore Reans and that (as you described) immigrant enclave of Pennfields. Chads took in the more east side of the city Low Hill, Bushbury etc (not very affluent) and Thomas More which although in Willenhall its catchment area came into Wolverhampton around East Park (again not very affluent).

In eddies (and I cant imagine the other 2 are any different) 90% of the kids were catholic with over 50% (at a guess) from either Irish, Polish or Italian backgrounds (oh look immigrants!), and sent there by their parents who also happened to be catholic.

(this was true upto 5 years or so ago, haven't been paying attention since)

KTEC isn't just wrong - breathtaking displays of ignorance more like. A handful of anecdotes masquerading as fact. That he then tries to use that to make personal observations about posters he knows barely anything about is a stunning display of a lack of style and no substance.

Jewish? You are one of the lucky ones who marry outside of their religion with their parents wishes. Based on what? The 1970s. Catholic? You only send your kids to a catholic school because of elitism. Foreign - you will only gravitate to your own kind. Anything but UKIP - obviously a dyed in the wool apologist for Europe.

There is a reason why UKIP is full of narrow minded bigots.

Back