• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

KTEC, take a break son, you are chasing your own tail here, and even you know the only place your likely to end up.
Then again you should at least feel at home there.

I lived in Spain for 3 1/2 years, never saw one of your English ghetto's, or do you mean the prime package holiday spots, where you spend your two weeks of the year integrating with foreigners, assuming the waiters and cleaners are allowed to be foreign that is.

Perhaps you are confusing integration with economics, on the basis that those newly arrived in the UK, from less economically successful countries, logically with less money and uncertain employment a the outset, start off renting in lower rent areas, recommended by their friends and family.

If i came back to the UK now, with very little cash and no job, i certainly wouldn't be expecting to live in Sutton Coldfield.

Hi Pav, that's sort of the point I was making. Brits going to live in Spain will have jobs to go to and will probably 'sell up' to move there so they would avoid living in the less desirable areas ? But notably when they decide to move, a massive percentage of them seem to be living in the same area of Spain so its 'all Brits together', as opposed to integrating.

As for the UK, how can we have genuine integration when there are still so many barriers, like religious schools ? To me, that tells kids that, from an early age, they are 'different' from the kids that go to those 'other' schools.

So my point is that fifty years on, we are still in our own little groups but now, on top of that, we are seeing unprecedented levels of immigration, so we will have even more separate little ethnic groups.
That's why I keep coming back to what David Blunkett said. The whole EU thing just hasn't been thought through at all and I think it will inevitably lead to increased 'tensions' in certain areas of the UK. As others have said, I dont think UKIP will win many seats at the next General Election, Labour and the Tories have got that wrapped up with their preferred 'first past the post system'.

But, even if we just call it a 'Protest' vote in the Euro Elections, I think UKIP will have a good chance of getting more seats than the big two. If it happens, will it be enough to put pressure on them to change things. Probably not. I'm flogging a dead horse aren't I :)

That's a pile of presumptuous pony. Not everyone is a fully paid up member of the frum brigade. I've never had a Jewish girlfriend and my family has never had a problem with it.

Andy, as a matter of interest, and assuming you are Jewish, if you wanted to marry someone who was non-Jewish, are you saying that you would not have a problem finding a Rabbi to marry the two of you ? Are you one of the 'lucky ones' within the Jewish community, who has parents that are more relaxed about inter-faith relationships ?

Andy, as a matter of interest, and assuming you are Jewish, if you wanted to marry someone who was non-Jewish, are you saying that you would not have a problem finding a Rabbi to marry the two of you ? Are you one of the 'lucky ones' within the Jewish community, who has parents that are more relaxed about inter-faith relationships ?

Word of advice, the "post reply" button is not your friend.

As for the UK, how can we have genuine integration when there are still so many barriers, like religious schools ? To me, that tells kids that, from an early age, they are 'different' from the kids that go to those 'other' schools.

I went to a religious school from the age of 5 until I was 16, 2 of my kids have gone to the same schools. How does that make us "different"?

It depends really. Orthodox shuls would be completely out of the question unless my partner would be willing to undergo a full conversion process. As someone who is secular for all intents and purposes I wouldn't expect someone to do that unless she was deadly serious about it and even then I'd probably try to discourage her (three times, as the tradition is amongst rabbis). There are more liberal rabbis who would potentially consider performing the simcha but if push came to shove I'd personally be happier at the council registry office.

My parents wouldn't have a problem with me marrying anyone. In the past they've been nothing but welcoming and friendly towards the girlfriends I've had. I was with my last girlfriend for nearly 4 years and they were devastated when we broke up; they treated her as if she was their own daughter right from the start.

I think you are the best person to answer that question, by explaining why you didn't want your kids to go to the nearest local junior school, that admitted any religion.

No. You made the comment. You answer it. How does it smack of elitism?

Great thread to catch up on over a coffee

Have just read through all of this, so strange :icon_lol:

It was Italian coffee with milk + caramel shot. Drunk that before going to the DVLA test centre to do a CTIB test and I was the ONLY English person there.

It's been an emotional and stressful morning filled with contradictions and controversies.

You crazy fools, I don't know whether you're living life on the edge or contributing to the implosion of society as we know it.

It was Italian coffee with milk + caramel shot. Drunk that before going to the DVLA test centre to do a CTIB test and I was the ONLY English person there.

It's been an emotional and stressful morning filled with contradictions and controversies.

You fucking disgust me. *Tuts*

Back