• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

By all means care, but allow yourself to get worked up enough to get banned on a football forum?

Everyone having an opinion & being entitled to it merely diminishes the debate to relativism. It's all relative isn't it.

No, everyone isn't entitled to their opinion. There are opinions that are not relevant to be held.
Any opinion has to be held up to scrutiny, if it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, it should be disregarded. If the holder wants to retain it, it is then their belief.

Pretty much. People who peddle the line of "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" often actively know that on balance, they're either plain wrong or dangerously extreme in what they say, and what they really want is someone to say that they can't say that, so they can claim censorship rather than having an actual debate. Especially on the internet. Funny that.

If you wish to voice an opinion then you should be willing to have it shot down if it turns out to be full of holes. You don't need to qualify it as "just my opinion" every time though, it's redundant.

I have no allegiances to any political party whatsoever though I'm pretty sure I know who I'm voting for in 2015 already as this local candidate has already outlined why he wants to be elected, what the current MP does and doesn't do (I didn't vote for her BTW) and what he will do differently for the good of the constituency. I've also had a chat with him in a local pub with no idea he was running for MP and he came across as a decent sort of chap. Combine all that together and he's won my vote as things stand.

If you're talking about who I think you are talking about - also a Wolves season ticket holder and a lover of fine real ales.

I saw Bob Crowe on the Beeb's politics show on Sunday also saying he would like us removed from the EU but didn't go into why and that he may stand for election as London Mayor. Any insight TSB?

I have no idea why he would stand for London Mayor apart from the obvious self seeking publicity angle. As for Europe, many on the left don't agree with the EU which is, after all, one of the mainstays of the capitalist system and has in recent years placed restrictions on what the public sector can and can't do. It's meddling and interference causes many to disagree with it for many different reasons.

If you're talking about who I think you are talking about - also a Wolves season ticket holder and a lover of fine real ales.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same gentleman. Met him in the Duke William a few months back and did indeed discuss the qualities of real ale. Didn't know he was a Wolves fan!

Your move, Margot....

I think you've all missed the irony of my quoting "you've all got your view, but so have I" back at Mr "I'm not a racist, but...."

I wish I'd seen this before I posted, as it contains a killer line that is so pertinent to INARB, "What you can't have is you(r) own facts"

http://www.geekhearts.net/wordpress/2014/02/17/perverts-photographers-and-provocateurs/

as well as "Don’t judge. Arguing with strangers on the internet relaxes me. No, really."

Ah - I see. Must admit it is a complete surprise. Not much of an age either.

He didn't dine with Boris yesterday by any chance?

Another episode of Question Time, another set of Labour and Liberal drones babbling on about an in-out referendum that'll never materialise. Companies on the continent will not stop doing business with us if we are bold enough to invoke article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon. The decimation of the ALDE and PASD groups in the European Duma/talking shop elections can't come soon enough.

Companies on the continent will not stop doing business with us if we are bold enough to invoke article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon.

You can't possibly know that and can't possibly know the damage it would do to the markets or to costs of products and the renegotiations of agreements. Just a silly opinion based on nothing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-position-for-european-elections-9194810.html

Interesting that it still looks likely that UKIP will perform very strongly in the forthcoming Euro Elections.

This despite the media's anti-UKIP scare tactics.

See how activists from Labour, Lib-Dems or just the Looney Left in general (of which there are a few posters on here), think, that by drawing attention to a couple of idiots who associate themselves with UKIP, that this would somehow convince the electorate not to vote for them. Well it doesn't look like its worked does it ?

Back to the drawing board eh chaps ?
Looks like those tactics have back-fired ?

In the last Euro Election, in the West Midlands, UKIP received over 300,000 votes, beating Liebour into third place with 240,000 votes. Makes you wonder how many people will vote for UKIP this time round, but would rather not admit it to certain people, even on forums like this ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/euro/09/html/ukregion_37.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-position-for-european-elections-9194810.html

Interesting that it still looks likely that UKIP will perform very strongly in the forthcoming Euro Elections.

This despite the media's anti-UKIP scare tactics.

See how activists from Labour, Lib-Dems or just the Looney Left in general (of which there are a few posters on here), think, that by drawing attention to a couple of idiots who associate themselves with UKIP, that this would somehow convince the electorate not to vote for them. Well it doesn't look like its worked does it ?

Back to the drawing board eh chaps ?
Looks like those tactics have back-fired ?

In the last Euro Election, in the West Midlands, UKIP received over 300,000 votes, beating Liebour into third place with 240,000 votes. Makes you wonder how many people will vote for UKIP this time round, but would rather not admit it to certain people, even on forums like this ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/euro/09/html/ukregion_37.stm

He's looking at you, Johnny.

There was a few activists in the Electric Club on Saturday with their election trailer parked outside, they were drinking tea/coffee, that won't go down well with Nige.

Back