• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

PPB could go and meander on about alternative ways of taking a $#@! and she'd look normal next to Farage.

You always debate intelligently when you are talking about The Wolves. Is there any reason why you can't do it when you talk about UKIP ??

FYI, in the last Council Elections, in the West Midlands, an area that we all know rather well, the Tories came first with 397,000 Votes. UKIP came second with 300,000 Votes, beating Labour into third place with 240,000 Votes. With this in mind, can you still really be so dismissive of UKIP ?

There are very good reasons to dismiss UKIP with ridicule.

I saw Bob Crowe on the Beeb's politics show on Sunday also saying he would like us removed from the EU but didn't go into why and that he may stand for election as London Mayor. Any insight TSB?

You always debate intelligently when you are talking about The Wolves. Is there any reason why you can't do it when you talk about UKIP ??

FYI, in the last Council Elections, in the West Midlands, an area that we all know rather well, the Tories came first with 397,000 Votes. UKIP came second with 300,000 Votes, beating Labour into third place with 240,000 Votes. With this in mind, can you still really be so dismissive of UKIP ?

Bloody hell, KTEC - it's called a joke. I shall leave the serious stuff in here for others.

#thattoldme

I saw Bob Crowe on the Beeb's politics show on Sunday also saying he would like us removed from the EU but didn't go into why and that he may stand for election as London Mayor. Any insight TSB?

Bob Crowe is an arsehole?

Carry on Langers I thought it was funny.
I thought so too Johnny,it is also the only comment on here that I have understood. There are intellects, and then there are the likes of me !!

Bob Crow is a wanker. He earns over £100k per year but lives in a council house that could be taken up by a family that needs it much more than him. He's right in saying we need to come out of the EU but I couldn't possibly find anything else I agree with him over if I searched for years.

I wish him luck in his attempt to get elected mayor of London. He is going to need it seeing as he has regularly pissed off the vast majority of the electorate for that post with his ridiculous strikes.

Bloody hell, KTEC - it's called a joke. I shall leave the serious stuff in here for others.

#thattoldme

Sorry Langers, I wasn't having a go at you. But having seen the figures below for the votes in the West Midlands in the last council elections, I was just after your real thoughts on UKIP ? The West Midlands does of course have a higher immigrant / Eastern European population than other areas of the UK and despite us all being told that the West Mids would be 'crippled' along with the rest of the UK, if we came out of the EU, they still made second place back then, ahead of Labour.

Food for thought ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/euro/09/html/ukregion_37.stm

UKIP getting a foothold in European elections and council elections is one thing. How they do in a national election where any power is handed out is quite another. UKIP are yet to get close to a seat in the commons. They got just over 900,000 votes nationally.

The nearest they got to a seat was when Farage broke completely with parliamentary tradition to challenge the Speaker in his seat. So Farage got something like 17% of the vote in an election that was uncontested by Conservative, Labour and Liberal candidates. UKIP as it stands is unelectable for Westminster seats, although I can see a possibility of there being further Euro-MPs to go with Farage.

Regarding the "he should be allowed to debate because UKIP garnered x%" of the vote, Alec Salmond tried that trick (to the point of taking court action) to get into the TV debates for the 2010 election on behalf of the SNP. He failed, and no-one batted an eyelid.

If/when the economy picks up and people start feeling generally better about life (summer will help), UKIP will start to fade away.

Sorry Langers, I wasn't having a go at you. But having seen the figures below for the votes in the West Midlands in the last council elections, I was just after your real thoughts on UKIP ? The West Midlands does of course have a higher immigrant / Eastern European population than other areas of the UK and despite us all being told that the West Mids would be 'crippled' along with the rest of the UK, if we came out of the EU, they still made second place back then, ahead of Labour.

Food for thought ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/euro/09/html/ukregion_37.stm

My real thoughts on UKIP echo those of the majority on this thread. The fact so many people in this fucked up country seem to think of them as an 'alternative' means as much to me as the fact that X-Factor is watched by millions or that Liverpool have more fans than Wolves. People get things wrong - I chose Benteke in PTG rather than Lukaku so it happens to the best of us.

So personally, I think they're batshit crazy and I find some of their policies abhorrent. I have no allegiances to any political party whatsoever though I'm pretty sure I know who I'm voting for in 2015 already as this local candidate has already outlined why he wants to be elected, what the current MP does and doesn't do (I didn't vote for her BTW) and what he will do differently for the good of the constituency. I've also had a chat with him in a local pub with no idea he was running for MP and he came across as a decent sort of chap. Combine all that together and he's won my vote as things stand.

If/when the economy picks up and people start feeling generally better about life (summer will help), UKIP will start to fade away.

UKIP are yet to convince me we are better out of the EEC. Whilst I agree with their stance on mass immigration I think it's all a bit too late to be concerned with it and I certainly don't blame or fear immigrants. We have to accept that hard times may be the norm rather than the exception and that's regardless of who is in power.

This is how it starts...

Seriously guys, is this thread (and the other politics thread) worth getting that worked up over? If you feel people are getting under your skin from their comments, just take a step back and read a different thread/forum/go outside.

The implications of the outcome of this kind of debate are so wide reaching, & so important that it is essential people do get worked up about the issues, or are passionate about them. People should care about this kind of stuff. We shouldn't have the voter apathy we have.

I lose track of how many friends/family members who are too apathetic to vote, then moan about this, that & the other is wrong. You didn't fucking bother to vote - you with-held your right to have a fucking opinion! :argh::rage:

Not worked up, just don't see the point of qualifying every post with "just my opinion and I'm entitled to it." We're all just random strangers on a message board - we know it's an opinion.

But that's just my opinion.

Everyone having an opinion & being entitled to it merely diminishes the debate to relativism. It's all relative isn't it.

No, everyone isn't entitled to their opinion. There are opinions that are not relevant to be held.
Any opinion has to be held up to scrutiny, if it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, it should be disregarded. If the holder wants to retain it, it is then their belief.

Back