• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Back to the UKIP point, if you let racist views and comments go unchecked you indirectly give them credibility and legitimisation. Others will then feel empowered to express these views and they become an acceptable viewpoint.

THM I haven't seen you post anything racist, so I wouldn't call you one, however I have seen you fail to condemn racists and racist statements when invited to so so. My take on this is not that you agree with them, but see it as a sign of weakness as the whole Brexit debate on here has become very black and white (no pun intended) with no shades of grey, so you aren't prepared to give any concession to the other side. I think it's an equally valid point to some other posters on the other side of the debate, but their entrenchment doesn't come with the same connotations.

IT CAUSES OTHERS TO INFER FROM YOUR POSTING STYLE.

Read that. It DOESN'T accuse.

The post didn't call you a racist. Read what it says, not what you think it says. Withdraw the insult or, like an EU citizen in 2019, you will be outside wandering why you can't get in...

It insuated I am a racist.

It insulted I am a racist.
Not having a discussion on it. It was a request. Your choice is to ignore it and waffle shit or do it.

One of those choices makes it easy for you the other means you leave this sub section.

My last comment. Over to you (hint - Don't reply)

NO IT DIDN'T

It is in caps. I can embolden it, or possibly use italics if that helps.

Back to the UKIP point, if you let racist views and comments go unchecked you indirectly give them credibility and legitimisation. Others will then feel empowered to express these views and they become an acceptable viewpoint.

THM I haven't seen you post anything racist, so I wouldn't call you one, however I have seen you fail to condemn racists and racist statements when invited to so so. My take on this is not that you agree with them, but see it as a sign of weakness as the whole Brexit debate on here has become very black and white (no pun intended) with no shades of grey, so you aren't prepared to give any concession to the other side. I think it's an equally valid point to some other posters on the other side of the debate, but their entrenchment doesn't come with the same connotations.

Thank you. I have had a few run ins with you, but you are a gentleman with morals and decency. I appreciate more than you would know, you not stabbing me in the back at this moment.
Thank you.

Not having a discussion on it. It was a request. Your choice is to ignore it and waffle $#@! or do it.

One of those choices makes it easy for you the other means you leave this sub section.

My last comment. Over to you (hint - Don't reply)

Can I speak to you in private first?

And it is facts like this which cause others to infer from your posting style that You hold racist beliefs or similar."

As has been made clear to you more than once, your posting infers racist attitudes. TSB was very clear, that you posted an "I'm not racist but..." post, and you never responded to that.
You then proceed to make a series of posts that do not in any way denounce racism or prejudice, and indeed suggest that people should not do anything about racist behaviour and attitudes, as there are laws against these. A nonsense argument. Would I not go to the aid of a person injured in the street, as there is an ambulance service?

Your words are at best utter nonsense. More likely, they are disingenuous. You have tried very hard to sit on the fence and not criticise racists, almost in a "somebody else's problem" kinda way. You had numerous opportunities to say "hey folks, I think racism is wrong too!" but failed to take advantage of any of those opportunities. And it is facts like this which cause others to infer from your posting style that you hold racist beliefs or similar.

Of course, you will no doubt post that you didn't make any racist comment. That doesn't matter, as your words, and lack of certain words highlight an inner belief you aren't comfortable with expressing.

And you will likely post a "boo-hoo the cabal have it in for me", but again that isn't true, as posters clearly have been taking issue with what you say not who you are.

Please read that whole post first.

Infers racist attitudes.
I don't denounce racism
Infer from your posting style that you hold racist beliefs.

Is that not insuating that I am racist? Kenny.

Remembering I never mentioned anything about race and was posting about tolerance.

Wow it's been lively in here today!

THM - We have had a couple of run-ins in political threads over the last couple of weeks - and mainly because I feel you haven't read what I've written, and instead read what you wanted to read.

I too haven't seen you post anything racist in any thread, and if you had I'm sure you would have been permanently banned by now. However, I also don't feel anybody has outright called you a racist either. From what I've read, it seems the opinion is that you haven't condemned racism at any point.

Surely if you came and out said that racism is wrong, and you don't agree with racism, the thread could move along and all the stuff that seems to have gone on today can stop.

I deplore Racism I have said it on numerous occasions on this forum.
Thank you very much for your post. Means a lot to me.

No it isn't for crying out loud. It is saying your posts INFER it.

He has called me a racist before and a bigot. There was no need for him to even say about my posts infer racism. It is the lack of condemnation that he says that look like my posts infer racist. That is ridiculous!

Look back at my posts before that. I was trying to be a peacemaker, saying we have all made mistakes and said things we shouldn't have.

If He says his post wasn't inferring I was a racist, I will say ok and make peace. Is that fair enough?

Infers racist attitudes.
I don't denounce racism
Infer from your posting style that you hold racist beliefs.

Is that not insuating that I am racist? Kenny.

Remembering I never mentioned anything about race and was posting about tolerance.

No. It explains that you are leaving yourself open to such accusations. It is referring to what you post, not who you are.

There is a fine line between justifying something and explaining why it might be so. In your "I am not a racist but..." post, I believe you crossed the line from explaining into justifying and I think I was reasonable when pulling you up on that. LJ, if you read his post, was stating how others might view your posts rather than what he thought of you.

You have twisted it to make out that you are being called a racist. That is not the case but rather than seek to elaborate on your initial views and perhaps clear up any misconceptions you have defended (by attacking) yourself from an accusation that was never made.

A certain THM incorrectly called me racist several years ago on a previous forum I was on and had to have his post deleted (he won't remember this as he would have no idea what my username was). It was one of the final nails in the coffin of me leaving that forum and coming over here (I was overjoyed when he signed up here several months later).

Excuse me if I have no sympathy with you. He didn't even actually call you racist.

A certain THM incorrectly called me racist several years ago on a previous forum I was on and had to have his post deleted (he won't remember this as he would have no idea what my username was). It was one of the final nails in the coffin of me leaving that forum and coming over here (I was overjoyed when he signed up here several months later).

Excuse me if I have no sympathy with you. He didn't even actually call you racist.

Hahahh a
Very convenient, so now I am not a racist, but an artifacsist You couldn't make it up.

I wasn't asking for your sympathy or your justice. You are entitled to your opinion.

Could you explain to the forum why I called you a racist? Strange that you have never mentioned it before. Fits in very nicely now though.

So I'm a liar now? Marvellous.

I've never mentioned it before as it related to a different thread on a different forum and I didn't have any reason to bring it up until now. I can assure you it did happen and I can PM you with a brief recap of it if you so wish but I don't want to drag this thread any more off topic by going into the details and arguing back and forth about it here.

So I'm a liar now? Marvellous.

I've never mentioned it before as it related to a different thread on a different forum and I didn't have any reason to bring it up until now. I can assure you it did happen and I can PM you with a brief recap of it if you so wish but I don't want to drag this thread any more off topic by going into the details and arguing back and forth about it here.

Well if I thought you said anything racist, I should be able to speak out. If you aren't racist then that's when you shouldn't be able to be accused of being one.

Anyway, I would be able to stand up having seeing your posts on here and say you aren't racist. So I would have no problem in a belated apology for that.

If lemonjelly wasn't insuating or inferring that I am a racist, I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Back