• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

In the city i live in , there are now 16 huge buildings , as big as schools and hospitals , empty.Paid for by the european union.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/04/22/spai-a22.html

There is trial that has been going on for 4 years in spain.It's called Los ERES.
The trade unions in Andalicia , were inventing courses , to help the unemployes all over Andalucia.But there were no people on the courses.The money was being robbed by the trade unions.I heard a figure of over 1000 million euros.I might be wrong about the quantity of money , but is was huge.

I believe and respect peoples different cultures.I believe a united states of europe is about diluting cultures.

This just reinforces my perception that all Spaniards are corrupt. My other perception is that all Spaniards with a science degree are in the UK because there aren't any jobs for them in Spain. Still, without the EU that would be your problem rather than being to the benefit to the UK as it is.

talking about corruption.The spanish princess is in court on saturday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/13/world/europe/spain-royal-corruption/

I live in the land of corruption, if everyone who has had a hand in the till here was arrested , there would be no one left to lock the prison doors.

The EU has always provided a string of opportinities for the "underhand classes" as in it's current state and format it is unadministerable on a day to day basis.

I live in the land of corruption, if everyone who has had a hand in the till here was arrested , there would be no one left to lock the prison doors.

I live in a land of corruption as well. So that's Ireland, Spain and Greece. Ex. Taiseoch fiddled loads of money, corrupt banks, developers and businesses a go-go, Gardai letting their mates off with speeding fines etc. etc.
Anybody residing in Portugal and Italy care to chip in?

:taunt:
The EU''s great.
UK Suckers.

The EU does provide the UK with easy trade routes and unlimited travel which makes life a lot easier for business and holiday makers. However it is nothing that couldn't have been done by extending the common market policies rather than a fully blown and governing parliament.

On the corruption issue, were these governments whiter than white before the EU parliament came into full force? The Italian MP's were wandering around their parliament over the last few days with 'corrupt' banners whilst several were arrested. I dont think the EU is responsible for that.

The EU does provide the UK with easy trade routes and unlimited travel which makes life a lot easier for business and holiday makers. However it is nothing that couldn't have been done by extending the common market policies rather than a fully blown and governing parliament.

Absolutely - there are some significant advantages available if the best is retained and the rest binned but I just don't see that happening without total disbandment first. UKIP's policy of unilateral withdrawal just throws the baby and the bath out with the bath water. That said, their policies (and I am being generous with that description) are so full of holes there's not likely to be much water in the bath in any case.

On the corruption issue, were these governments whiter than white before the EU parliament came into full force? The Italian MP's were wandering around their parliament over the last few days with 'corrupt' banners whilst several were arrested. I dont think the EU is responsible for that.

yea od course they were, well the Greeks anyway, but the chaos that is the EU just made the trough bigger!

If you like. I also believe that there should be a common language (German) which is compulsory in schools up until the age of 16, metric signs and measures and a single elected President of Europe who has similar powers to the American President including overall control of all EU armed forces.

Ha ! :eek:

On the corruption issue, were these governments whiter than white before the EU parliament came into full force? .

Spain has been corrupt , since the death of Franco. That is why throwing 100's of billions of euros at corrupt countries , doesn't work and is a stupid idea.

Spain , Italy , Greece and Portugal have their own identities and rich cultures and the European union won't destroy their cultures , no matter , how hard they try.

Spain has been corrupt , since the death of Franco. That is why throwing 100's of billions of euros at corrupt countries , doesn't work and is a stupid idea.

Spain , Italy , Greece and Portugal have their own identities and rich cultures and the European union won't destroy their cultures , no matter , how hard they try.

Firstly, the report you quoted has less credibility than Tony Blair's war dossiers.

Secondly, what point are you making above? That Spain, Italy and Portugal have always been corrupt and anything they want to do can't be trusted but the rest of Europe can? In which case it begs the question what can the EU do about it? It also begs the question of how much do you know that isn't conjecture or printed in the daily mail?

For a man who lives in Spain most of the year you are quite damning about the country you live in. Why live there?

Firstly, the report you quoted has less credibility than Tony Blair's war dossiers.

Secondly, what point are you making above? That Spain, Italy and Portugal have always been corrupt and anything they want to do can't be trusted but the rest of Europe can? In which case it begs the question what can the EU do about it? It also begs the question of how much do you know that isn't conjecture or printed in the daily mail?

For a man who lives in Spain most of the year you are quite damning about the country you live in. Why live there?

Cos it's so damn dangerous back here.

I think you will find , that Spain has jumped up the the the corruption list this year , to one place behind Syria.

I love Spain and what you don't understand , is that corruption is seen as normal here.If you keep throwing money at them , they will keep swallowing it up.They will keep making more scams to get more money off the europen union.I

The problem is , that northern europen countries , don't underatand this.

Maybe , I'm not getting my ideas , from British newspapers and letting them make my mind up for me.

I really can't understand how anyone can argue about european money being squandered in the billions.I think even the EU admit this.

I think you will find , that Spain has jumped up the the the corruption list this year , to one place behind Syria.

I love Spain and what you don't understand , is that corruption is seen as normal here.If you keep throwing money at them , they will keep swallowing it up.They will keep making more scams to get more money off the europen union.I

The problem is , that northern europen countries , don't underatand this.

Maybe , I'm not getting my ideas , from British newspapers and letting them make my mind up for me.

I really can't understand how anyone can argue about european money being squandered in the billions.I think even the EU admit this.

Nobody has questioned that corruption exists nor that your knowledge of Spanish corruption is better than anybody else's. I agree with you on not giving anybody any money in the EU. But you want to leave because of that? Both TSB and I have said about trade and freedom of movement the EU gives us and I don't see the need for governance. As TSB says why do you want to throw the baby out with the bath water?

There are lots of good things about the EU, why do people always focus on the negatives?

This headline grabbing stuff is fine, but it's just headlines. No substance and certainly no indication of the costs of withdrawal.

Something like half our exports go to the EU, that's a market of 500 million people. Other European countries not in the EU have agreements with the EU on trade but it can't be assumed that we would have those same agreements. We would have to sit down with the countries we have said aren't good enough to be a part of and negotiate a whole new trade agreement - hardly the strongest negotiating position and any detriment on our ability to export to Europe would have a massive impact on our domestic economy.

The EU passes lots of laws which have to be implemented domestically - countries like Norway who are trading partners also have to implement those laws in order to trade so no massive savings to be made there.

British citizens are currently allowed to move anywhere in the EU - imagine the distress if all our ex-pats were told they had to go home?

Many companies use the UK as a base for their EU operations. Given the choice of a market of over 400 million or a market of over 50 million those companies will be off to the continent before the for sale notices are up.

We will be able to catch as many fish as we want mind, not hampered by EU quotas. That will help....Grimsby.

UK leaves Europe, Scotland goes independent and a new Celtic Tiger emerges as English companies up sticks to north of the border when their EU membership is ratified hastily. UKIP win the English General Election and we go to Holyrood to be bailed out. Scotland takes over England but decides that centuries of history can't be tossed away so agree to merge the two countries names - the first 4 letters of Scotland with the last 4 letters of England.

That's the consequence of leaving the EU -- doesn't look so good now does it...?

Back