• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

TBH the sooner we reduce the nation state to the level of county councils (or states in the US) the better. And the EU is the best bet for doing that.

Do you think more elected representatives , is a good thing?

I don`t know how old you are Leeds. But I feel there is a lot more violence in the UK today.

I just opened the express and star , internet page.Axe attack robbery and another stabbing.

My perception is different to yours. Perception is a very important thing , when there is an election arround the corner.

I shall be 60 in September. I remember armed robberies when I was a kid. I remember the Great Train Robbery. The Krays were giving it large I believe. Frankie Fraser, John McVicar et al. Harry Roberts on the run after shooting down 2 unarmed police officers who were trying to prevent an armed robbery. I remember violence in the streets. I remember the gangs of Mods and Rockers kicking the shit out of each other. I remember my dad telling me about Glasgow's razor gangs. I could go on......................................... Oh and then there's social injustice............................................

This isn't perception. That was reality.

There seems to be a lot of stereotypes there Saturday.

Absolutely. Folk Devils and Moral Panic by Stanley Cohen in 1972 (the good old days) explored why people perceive certain things to be true. The examples I use are just that decades's perceptions - and each decade no doubt remembered how good the old days were.

So what shapes your perception?

I think we already have too many poltitians.I think too much money is being wasted , lots of it fraudlently.

Then lets bin the MPs; better to have 700-odd MEPs covering the entirity of the EU than 600-odd MPs for little old Britain.

So what do you think of the EU Saturday? Who will you be voting for?

Covered what I think of the EU elsewhere. You have already made your mind up about me based on your perceptions so why would you change that based on facts?

0.00035% of the population of England are elected politicians. Approximately.

I shall be 60 in September. I remember armed robberies when I was a kid. I remember the Great Train Robbery. The Krays were giving it large I believe. Frankie Fraser, John McVicar et al. Harry Roberts on the run after shooting down 2 unarmed police officers who were trying to prevent an armed robbery. I remember violence in the streets. I remember the gangs of Mods and Rockers kicking the $#@! out of each other. I remember my dad telling me about Glasgow's razor gangs. I could go on......................................... Oh and then there's social injustice............................................

Maybe one

This isn't perception. That was reality.

Maybe , one persons perception , is another persons reality and visa versa.

I am not much younger than you.I heard all these stories too.But i didn'perceive danger , when I was in the street.We often heard when we were younger , about a crimanals code of practice.This might of helped in the general public not feeling so much at danger.I'm not sure about the general perception then.I felt safe.Maybe its all about opinions.

One thing for sure.The perception of violence , today , is very high.This doesn't help an elected party.

Covered what I think of the EU elsewhere. You have already made your mind up about me based on your perceptions so why would you change that based on facts?

0.00035% of the population of England are elected politicians. Approximately.

Oh I'd love to hear your views on the EU , Saturday.

Sounds good to me. Think of all the money we could save - no need for 29 individual armies, for example. A single set of laws, so need need for as many high priced lawyers. All those embassies - gone.

Reduce the individual countries to the status of counties, with national parliaments becoming the equivalent of local councils, delegated to deal with local trivialities.

Whats not to like?

Maybe , one persons perception , is another persons reality and visa versa.

I am not much younger than you.I heard all these stories too.But i didn'perceive danger , when I was in the street.We often heard when we were younger , about a crimanals code of practice.This might of helped in the general public not feeling so much at danger.I'm not sure about the general perception then.I felt safe.Maybe its all about opinions.

One thing for sure.The perception of violence , today , is very high.This doesn't help an elected party.
As I stated earlier, I don't perceive violence to be any higher today.

Sounds good to me. Think of all the money we could save - no need for 29 individual armies, for example. A single set of laws, so need need for as many high priced lawyers. All those embassies - gone.

Reduce the individual countries to the status of counties, with national parliaments becoming the equivalent of local councils, delegated to deal with local trivialities.

Whats not to like?

What about the pound and more importantly bent bananas?

If you like. I also believe that there should be a common language (German) which is compulsory in schools up until the age of 16, metric signs and measures and a single elected President of Europe who has similar powers to the American President including overall control of all EU armed forces.

Whats not to like?

In the city i live in , there are now 16 huge buildings , as big as schools and hospitals , empty.Paid for by the european union.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/04/22/spai-a22.html

There is trial that has been going on for 4 years in spain.It's called Los ERES.
The trade unions in Andalicia , were inventing courses , to help the unemployes all over Andalucia.But there were no people on the courses.The money was being robbed by the trade unions.I heard a figure of over 1000 million euros.I might be wrong about the quantity of money , but is was huge.

I believe and respect peoples different cultures.I believe a united states of europe is about diluting cultures.

Back