• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I'm presumably the other one then, assuming you're talking guardian. I read it online rather than pay for it though, obviously...

These Tube strikes must've been caused by some sort of homosexual activity. Any UKIP take on them yet?

Begs the obvious question....'...and if they refuse?'

personally i was most horrified at the idea of asking them to wear a yellow star.

Is the average British person better off , since joining the EU?

I think Britain was a much better place to live , than it is now.I think Britain has lost it's identity.

I don't believe that UKIP is the answer.I do think it's an easy option to ridicule UKIP.Maybe it would be a good idea to spend as much time , questioning the politictics,that have been responsibe for Britain's fall from grace.

Better for the people , who lived there.Safer , more morals and a more caring society. I'm not saying I'm right.It's my perception. I find England a more dangerous place. Beating old people , was almost not heard of. People brag about hitting their partners now. More people carry knives , ect.

Of course UKIP isn't the answer .But I think the other 3 parties , have a lot to answer for.I believe UKIP is a consequence of the failures of the other elected parties.

Given everything UKIP is not the answer, but neither is the EU. I'd love nothing more than to see Britain free of its burdensome and job-destroying regulations. Just think what we could do with the £50m or so per day we spend on membership fees!

Unfortunately there isn't a party which goes along with my anti-EU stance that doesn't oppose things like gay marriage or HS2 and isn't filled with casually racist idiots. Vote Labour, and you get the dour trade unionists who can't wait to plunge us all into more debt, rid Britain of its sovereignty and bring the country to a standstill the moment the "workers" suffer some form of minor injustice; vote Lib Dem and get the latest Britain-hating clown to graduate from the Natolin College of Europe or vote Conservative to get someone who dresses up as Hitler at a fancy dress party. Vote UKIP; get one good, effective politician in Nigel Farage and several idiots who tag along for the ride.

Better for the people , who lived there.Safer , more morals and a more caring society. I'm not saying I'm right.It's my perception. I find England a more dangerous place. Beating old people , was almost not heard of. People brag about hitting their partners now. More people carry knives , ect.

Of course UKIP isn't the answer .But I think the other 3 parties , have a lot to answer for.I believe UKIP is a consequence of the failures of the other elected parties.

The scale of elder abuse and of vulnerable adults "in the good old days" is hardy evidence that it was a more caring society. There is plenty of evidence that demonstrates the scale of institutionalised, frequent and cruel abuse and neglect of vulnerable people - a situation that, thankfully, is much better now. Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

I don't know anyone personally who has bragged about hitting their partners, maybe you are hanging out with the wrong people. In 43 years I have only seen 1 person draw a knife in a situation I was present at. Most people in this country are victims of mindless attacks in the street but they do happen just like they happened 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago and more.

UKIP is not a consequence, it is an opportunity. An opportunity for people with extreme views to cling onto a veil of respectability.

The scale of elder abuse and of vulnerable adults "in the good old days" is hardy evidence that it was a more caring society. There is plenty of evidence that demonstrates the scale of institutionalised, frequent and cruel abuse and neglect of vulnerable people - a situation that, thankfully, is much better now. Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

I don't know anyone personally who has bragged about hitting their partners, maybe you are hanging out with the wrong people. In 43 years I have only seen 1 person draw a knife in a situation I was present at. Most people in this country are victims of mindless attacks in the street but they do happen just like they happened 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago and more.

UKIP is not a consequence, it is an opportunity. An opportunity for people with extreme views to cling onto a veil of respectability.

Sorry Saturdayboy , but do you live on the isle of man?
Gun crime , knife crime and violent crime is common in most big cities in the UK.

Not really. Exampke:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...tle-against-inner-city-gun-crime-8463957.html

Don't confuse 'hysterically reported' with 'common'

Don't confuse selective linking , with facts.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-month-shocking-new-figures-show-8681511.html

I tried to put a smiley face but it didn't work.

The town I stay in , when I'm in the UK had 4 murders last year. The most it had ever had before was 1.Like I said it's perception.Maybe the nice towns down south are suffering in the economic climate.

Don't confuse selective linking , with facts.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-month-shocking-new-figures-show-8681511.html

I tried to put a smiley face but it didn't work.

The town I stay in , when I'm in the UK had 4 murders last year. The most it had ever had before was 1.Like I said it's perception.Maybe the nice towns down south are suffering in the economic climate.

1950s - Teddy Boys and their flick knives and switchblades
1960s - Mods and Rockers and their street battles
1970s and 80s - firms of football hooligans often went with weapons.

And that's just in recent memory but any generation before that and knives would have been a weapon of choice for some of those with violent intent.

You are portraying your perception as fact and admitting that you are doing so. Is it any more common now than then? Or is it more reported now than then? How do you define common? I live in a standard English town, much like many other towns up and down the country. The Isle of Man also has knife crime which again suggests your perception is skewed.

1950s - Teddy Boys and their flick knives and switchblades
1960s - Mods and Rockers and their street battles
1970s and 80s - firms of football hooligans often went with weapons.

And that's just in recent memory but any generation before that and knives would have been a weapon of choice for some of those with violent intent.

You are portraying your perception as fact and admitting that you are doing so. Is it any more common now than then? Or is it more reported now than then? How do you define common? I live in a standard English town, much like many other towns up and down the country. The Isle of Man also has knife crime which again suggests your perception is skewed.

Your perception is different to mine .I respect that . I could go on with endless links to prove my point and I'm sure you could do the same to prove your point .

The Isle of man has very few knife crimes , compared to most places in the UK .Which is why I used it.

When I was in my late teens (mid to late 70's), if you told anybody you were going for a drink in Wolverhampton at night they would go pale. Of course we were young so we didn't care.

The Gifford - Hells Angel disco - Fights all the time.
The Tavern In The Town - Somebody being beaten up and knifed almost every night. (I should know - I was serving behind the bar!).
Football - You went to a game knowing that you could easily be stabbed or glassed or hit by a thrown dart or sharpened coin.

In the 50's and 60's there was just as much child abuse and domestic abuse - just look at the stories about Radio 1 DJ's and Irish Catholic Childrens homes that are coming out in the press now.

That's just a small example - certainly not a safer and a more caring society.

Back