• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I'm glad the job I just got there wasn't offered to a Polish national first...admittedly I won't be working in the distribution centre.

Have you any evidence that the jobs they offer are exclusive to Polish nationals?

Well the same jobs were never advertized in the local press. Sainsbury's was a relatively well paid low skilled job to have for local people.

People often earned over £10.00 an hour basic.Night shift allowance and double time on Sundays.Thats all changed now.The workers , work 4 x 12 hours on the minimum wage. No overtime rate. No double time.

Also , they have them working for years , without offering them full time work.

I've spoken to British workers , who've worked there for 30 years. I believe them.I've also spoken to polish workers , who are very decent hard working people. Trying not to generalize ,there.

I don't know exactly how it works in the UK but I suspect it's similar due to EU law. This is from the German chamber of commerce;

Für ausländische Arbeitnehmer, die bei einem Arbeitgeber in Deutschland beschäftigt sind, gilt grundsätzlich das deutsche Recht. Aus dem Ausland entsandte Arbeitnehmer unterstehen dem Recht ihres Heimatlandes.

http://www.frankfurt-main.ihk.de/recht/themen/arbeitsrecht/arbeitnehmerfreizuegigkeit/

Basically, when a company hires from foreign based agencies, the employment rights from their home countries are applied. Minimum wages do apply however but as there is no national minimum wage in Germany this can be, and is easily bypassed.

And? I deal in real life.

In the real world you've got thousands coming to this country and working hard for minimum wage while there are thousands that are already here that can and should be working but instead are claiming benefits. A whole underclass that has been left to rot and ridiculed on national TV. I don't blame economic migrants and I don't blame the underclass. It all puts a strain on public services which means either you pay more into the fund or you make cuts. That is the reality.

In the real world you've got thousands coming to this country and working hard for minimum wage while there are thousands that are already here that can and should be working but instead are claiming benefits. A whole underclass that has been left to rot and ridiculed on national TV. I don't blame economic migrants and I don't blame the underclass. It all puts a strain on public services which means either you pay more into the fund or you make cuts. That is the reality.

There are three reasons why the underclass have been left to rot and are spoon fed with the treacle stick. 1) It's no accident. Labour will do anything for votes. 2) Any money they get from the state, they spend on rubbish. Big business loves them (see McDonalds, Nike, Playboy etc. 3) The judiciary, police, social workers etc love them, it keeps them in work.
The underclass are still being pandered to by the TV, and left wing press.
You're either in the barrow or your pushing it.

Reality?

There are three reasons why the underclass have been left to rot and are spoon fed with the treacle stick. 1) It's no accident. Labour will do anything for votes. 2) Any money they get from the state, they spend on rubbish. Big business loves them (see McDonalds, Nike, Playboy etc. 3) The judiciary, police, social workers etc love them, it keeps them in work.

Reality?

What is this "left wing press" of which you speak?

Reality?

I think you're right. The underclass is an industry in itself. No doubt there are benefits experts out there to steer them in the right direction instead of actually empowering them. Maybe it's easier just to throw them a few quid and forget about them. Much the same as the equality/diversity industry that actually serves to create divisions. Welcome to GB PLC.

Guardian, Independent, Times, The choice of those in the comfortable seats in the barrow. The Mirror for those in the less comfortable.

I can't be arsed to repost the comparison of circulation figures but suffice it to say the "comfortable" left wing press is read by me and three other people.

And the Times left wing?? Do me a favour.

I can't be arsed to repost the comparison of circulation figures but suffice it to say the "comfortable" left wing press is read by me and three other people.

If you want to see who buys what check the situations vacant, that's usually a good yardstick. I printed most of the fucking rags in my time in the industry. They are all as bad and write for their audience. I never buy any of them (I might buy one if on holiday for the crossword and that's about it).

If you want to see who buys what check the situations vacant, that's usually a good yardstick. I printed most of the fucking rags in my time in the industry. They are all as bad and write for their audience. I never buy any of them (I might buy one if on holiday for the crossword and that's about it).

I'm sure you're right (no pun intended). And the audience for right wing media is considerably in excess of anything the left wing can muster (and let's not kid ourselves that the Indie and Guardian are really left wing - neither are exactly the Morning Star, are they?). So it's reasonable to conclude that the influence of right wing media on the public and on politics is also greater. Not really in doubt, is it? I can't remember the last time a politician came up with a policy to garner a positive headline in the Guardian.

The Morning Star is/was far less sinister than the Guardian. IMO.

I believe the anti-facists , are more organised , more violent and more facist , than the facists.There isn't much between them.

The Times has always leaned slightly to the left.

Just had UKIP canvassers round - which to be fair is more than the 3 main parties bother to do (Tories because they don't think they need to bother round here and the other 2 as they know they have no real chance)

Tried to talk to them about immigration policy, but like most politicians answered a question I did not ask rather than debate that issue.

Clearly have a conspiracy theory that they are being demonised by the media as the other parties are scared of their support.

Passed an interesting 5 mins, but then it got cold so ended the conversation & shut the door.

The Times has always leaned slightly to the left.

I think that is probably fair, but it doesn't lean very far left at all in reality.

The only things I could say for certain are that The Telegraph is right wing, and the Mirror, and to a lesser extent the Guardian favour the left. Saying that, the leanings of the Grauniad don't preclude it from having some of the best journalism out there, IMHO. And I say that as a Telegraph reader.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26019668

During an appearance on BBC debating show The Big Questions in March 2013, when he was frequently referred to as "UKIP's Commonwealth spokesman", Bhutto said: "We want controlled immigration where we know who's coming in, who's going out."

Hailed on Twitter
UKIP candidates, associations and official social media channels have previously posted messages indicating that Bhutto had a role as a UKIP representative, beyond being just a party member.

"UKIP have plenty of quality spokesman… Mujeeb Bhutto," UKIP Bradford and district chairman Jason Smith wrote on Twitter in May 2013.

"Watch UKIP's Mujeeb Bhutto speak out against mass uncontrolled immigration on the BBC's Big Question," read a tweet from UKIP's official Twitter feed in March 2013.

Jane Collins said on Twitter in March 2013 that Mr Bhutto was "fantastic on BBC Big Question this am. What an asset for UKIP".

Guardian, Independent, Times, The choice of those in the comfortable seats in the barrow. The Mirror for those in the less comfortable.

I guess I would one of those three then SLA.

Not sure how comfy my seat in the barrow is though considering my family's struggles to get the bills paid every month. At least the underclass are keeping my wife in a job though otherwise we'd be really screwed. Thank God they've been left to rot eh?

Back