• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Given everything UKIP is not the answer, but neither is the EU. I'd love nothing more than to see Britain free of its burdensome and job-destroying regulations. Just think what we could do with the £50m or so per day we spend on membership fees!

Unfortunately there isn't a party which goes along with my anti-EU stance that doesn't oppose things like gay marriage or HS2 and isn't filled with casually racist idiots. Vote Labour, and you get the dour trade unionists who can't wait to plunge us all into more debt, rid Britain of its sovereignty and bring the country to a standstill the moment the "workers" suffer some form of minor injustice; vote Lib Dem and get the latest Britain-hating clown to graduate from the Natolin College of Europe or vote Conservative to get someone who dresses up as Hitler at a fancy dress party. Vote UKIP; get one good, effective politician in Nigel Farage and several idiots who tag along for the ride.

Pretty fair summary that.

When I was in my late teens (mid to late 70's), if you told anybody you were going for a drink in Wolverhampton at night they would go pale. Of course we were young so we didn't care.

The Gifford - Hells Angel disco - Fights all the time.
The Tavern In The Town - Somebody being beaten up and knifed almost every night. (I should know - I was serving behind the bar!).
Football - You went to a game knowing that you could easily be stabbed or glassed or hit by a thrown dart or sharpened coin.

In the 50's and 60's there was just as much child abuse and domestic abuse - just look at the stories about Radio 1 DJ's and Irish Catholic Childrens homes that are coming out in the press now.

That's just a small example - certainly not a safer and a more caring society.

Of course , there has always been knife crime and fights in pubs .But compared to day , knife crime was very low .

There has always been child abuse , and domestic abuse .

I believe Britain was a safer place to live in 1974 than now. There has always been crime , but it's a lot worse now.

I don't agree with this.
perceptions Leeds .

Two things i remember , from the last time i was in the UK. An 18 year old kid was stabbed.The kid , who was losing , stabbed the one , who was on top.

It was common knowledge in my town , who had done it.He was arrested but not charged.

Anyway , a week later , I was speaking to a few young lads , who told me" the kid who did the stabbing , had balls"
That shocked me.I told them , when I was a kid you were a coward if you used a knife.

Another time I was speaking to a mates 20 year old kid.I told him , when I was his age I didn't know anyone who did drugs .He replied , he didn't know anyone his age ,who doesn't do drugs.

Different times.I don`t know how old you are Leeds. But I feel there is a lot more violence in the UK today.

I just opened the express and star , internet page.Axe attack robbery and another stabbing.

My perception is different to yours. Perception is a very important thing , when there is an election arround the corner.

perceptions Leeds .

Two things i remember , from the last time i was in the UK. An 18 year old kid was stabbed.The kid , who was losing , stabbed the one , who was on top.

It was common knowledge in my town , who had done it.He was arrested but not charged.

Anyway , a week later , I was speaking to a few young lads , who told me" the kid who did the stabbing , had balls"
That shocked me.I told them , when I was a kid you were a coward if you used a knife.

Another time I was speaking to a mates 20 year old kid.I told him , when I was his age I didn't know anyone who did drugs .He replied , he didn't know anyone his age ,who doesn't do drugs.

Different times.I don`t know how old you are Leeds. But I feel there is a lot more violence in the UK today.

I just opened the express and star , internet page.Axe attack robbery and another stabbing.

My perception is different to yours. Perception is a very important thing , when there is an election arround the corner.

What has caused you to have this perception?

perceptions Leeds .

2 anecdotes does not equate to data.

Maybe , because I spend 3 or 4 months in the UK a year , I notice more a change than if you live there all the time.

I respect your own perception and your opinion is as valid as mine.

At the end of the day , its peoples perceptions , that often influence their voting intentions.

Maybe , because I spend 3 or 4 months in the UK a year , I notice more a change than if you live there all the time.

I respect your own perception and your opinion is as valid as mine.

At the end of the day , its peoples perceptions , that often influence their voting intentions.

By that logic, the people who live here all the time wouldn't notice the change as much as you and therefore would not have the same perspective - and the vast majority of voters live here all the time.

Your government can say you are better off , But if the general public , dont perceive it. They could well vote against the elected party.

It's perception that counts.

Your government can say you are better off , But if the general public , dont perceive it. They could well vote against the elected party.

It's perception that counts.

It's a serious question - you are throwing out a few anecdotes, ignoring others and then claiming "perception". So what causes this perception? Who or what is to blame?

well in all my decades living in the Uk, going to pubs, clubs and football matches regularly, the only perception that appears to have changed now, is the fear or shame of going to prison. The kids today wear jail time like a badge of honour. It's deemed as a cushy number and no great stigma in this day and age.

It may seem like it's all knives now, but in the 60's and 70's it was knives and pint beer glasses, and neither in short supply on any given saturday.

By that logic, the people who live here all the time wouldn't notice the change as much as you and therefore would not have the same perspective - and the vast majority of voters live here all the time.

Maybe , people in general have the same perception as me.Which also influences the way i think.You seem to think , that people in general , don't think Britain is a more violent place than 1974.I disagree.I think they do.

TBH the sooner we reduce the nation state to the level of county councils (or states in the US) the better. And the EU is the best bet for doing that.

Why do you like the European union?

Don't ask me why I don't like it , I'd be here for week.

I don't. I have covered that before. It is your perception that I do which says quite a lot.

Why do you hold the perception about the UK that you do? There is plenty of information out there that would enable you to make an informed opinion over a handful of anecdotes. What or who us to blame for your perception?

:)

Back