• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I think that's where most oeooke woukd like to see the UK, being allowed to be part of the common market, own currency and own law making ability but with EU input, I just can't see how the EU would agree to it. It's also what I've said from the start.

As for financial services being the biggest industry, it is a travesty for the UK that such a greedy, vapid, vain and parasitic industry has been allowed to get such a stronghold. The sooner we have less dependence on these charlatans the better.

As for financial services being the biggest industry, it is a travesty for the UK that such a greedy, vapid, vain and parasitic industry has been allowed to get such a stronghold.

Im biased, obviously, but thats a pretty sweeping generalisation.

Cannot a 'generalisation' be correct ?

Would you say that it isn't a fair statement then Vis?

I personally woud draw aline between financial services in general, which merely facilitate clients doing stuff, and so are quite passive, and the small number of 'active' participants who tend to do some dodgy stuff thats focussed purely on getting into a market, making a swift buck, then getting out.

Its the latter group that contributed hugely to the financial crash, but, number-wise, they're pretty small.

Why not visit Copenhagen Zoo on your European travels? Today, they've destroyed a perfectly healthy giraffe because of EU rules. This of course is despite the fact that other zoos around the world offered to take him off their hands immediately.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage is today visiting the flood hit Somerset levels.

Mr Farage said on sky news that foreign aid money should be used to help communities hit by the severe flooding.

Mr Farage said on sky news that foreign aid money should be used to help communities hit by the severe flooding.

It's a great soundbite but of course when you look a little deeper it really isn't that simple.
Unfortunately that's what UKIP do - soundbites that people will agree with immediately.

It's a great soundbite but of course when you look a little deeper it really isn't that simple.
Unfortunately that's what UKIP do - soundbites that people will agree with immediately.

Why is it "not that simple" to deprive India or China of aid money they don't need in favour of people in England?

Why is it "not that simple" to deprive India or China of aid money they don't need in favour of people in England?

Got to agree with this. We as a Country are quick to find money for other countries when they are hit by "disasters" like this yet when it does happen in this country you don't hear of other EU countries throwing financial aid in our direction.....

Got to agree with this. We as a Country are quick to find money for other countries when they are hit by "disasters" like this yet when it does happen in this country you don't hear of other EU countries throwing financial aid in our direction.....

Have to say, i totally agree with that comment Darlo.

It isn't the case though that the UK can't afford to help stricken farmers in Somerset. We can, but our government is formed of chinless wonders who don't know what they're doing. When an earthquake hits say, Pakistan, they don't have the money themselves to fund the rescue effort. It's our moral duty to help seeing as we can.

It is our "moral duty" to help people whose life is devastated in THIS Country as much as Pakistan....Charity begins at home, isn't that the saying?

We were in financial meltdown a few years ago after the banks fucked up and the tax payer bailed them out, yet money was still found to sent abroad

It is our "moral duty" to help people whose life is devastated in THIS Country as much as Pakistan....Charity begins at home, isn't that the saying?

I do believe it is, if storms and natural disasters only affected the rich DW you would be spot on, but they almost never touch the rich. Ordinary folk in Britain need help now, and the gov should get off their arses and give it.

After all, these are most likely the people who give to overseas relief funds.

I do believe it is, if storms and natural disasters only affected the rich DW you would be spot on, but they almost never touch the rich. Orsdnary folk in Britain need help, and the gov should get off their arses and give it.

Of course they should. They aren't failing to do so because the country can't afford to do it, so Farage's tubthumping as ever misses the point entirely.

I suppose they could just throw a loads of notes at Somerset and hope they soak up all the water like a roll of Bounty, easy.

Farage is a total dick wad, but money from Gov UK should be prioritised to help our own first, it's not a racist thought, it just means that those who have always given willingly to overseas aid, are now in need themselves, and should take priority.

Back