• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

The notion that its OK to be racist if you feel hard done by is fucked up. Id like to say Im surprised at who is pushing it. But Im not.

Everything before the words "I am not going to defend racism" is you defending racism. You are basically saying people have legitimate reasons for their racism.

And even if there was any merit in your "it's the left's fault" Tony Blair's decisions were straight out of what most consider right wing economic theory.

No I'm not at all. I am saying the left and right both use immigration to further their political objectives, which is basically power.
This causes division and hatred and isn't doing the country any favours.

The notion that its OK to be racist if you feel hard done by is $#@!ed up. Id like to say Im surprised at who is pushing it. But Im not.

If that is referring to me, you are wrong. I don't believe people are any more racist than they have ever been. There is racism, yes. But I am saying both left and right use immigration for their political gain, which is winning more seats and power.

My God - he was only 12. I am quite a bit older than him! Must have been a fucking testing paper round.

Sad thing is it won't matter a single bit to the shitehawks that would have voted for him yesterday.

The education thing is bull$#@!, I left school with 2 grade C GCSEs and was a team leader at a bank by 21.

You really don't need to have loads of qualifications to get on in life.

You didnt then as was the same with me but I do think that nowadays there is so much competition for better places that fewer quals or lower grades get screened out and you dont make interview and the chance to shine.Anumber of vacancies I have seen recently has degree as essential, even though it would be very difficult to legitimise why.

You didnt then as was the same with me but I do think that nowadays there is so much competition for better places that fewer quals or lower grades get screened out and you dont make interview and the chance to shine.Anumber of vacancies I have seen recently has degree as essential, even though it would be very difficult to legitimise why.

The company I work for have a degree as a requirement for the position I hold and above for external candidates. What the degree is in isn't relevant, it's that they want to see the commitment to doing something over a period of time.

I wouldn't trust most politicians to lie straight in bed. Nuttall just joins the ever growing list of politicians who have been exposed as shysters , exaggerators, charlatans or liars . #voteguyfawkes

Hair aplitting time again. Guy Fawkes target was a protestant monarch and reinstate catholism IIRC? Parliament just happened to be a convenient target.

They wanted to re-instate catholism, their plan was to put James' young daughter on the throne

Guy Fawkes target was always Parliament, it was someone's elses plan to go for King James and Parliament, Fawkes was brought in to help I thought. (I may be wrong, don't remember too much from GCSE History now!!)

Is anybody on here old enough to have done GCE all this GCSE talk makes me feel decrepit :)

I did a mix of the two. O Levels for the ones I took early and GCSEs for the others. O Levels were much harder.

Hair splitting time again. Guy Fawkes target was a protestant monarch and reinstate catholism IIRC? Parliament just happened to be a convenient target.

Maybe but the intent was positive! Who cares about the reasoning if the outcome works?

Is anybody on here old enough to have done GCE all this GCSE talk makes me feel decrepit :)

If it makes you feel any better I did O levels and CSE's. A CSE grade one was equivalent to an O level C grade. O levels were a lot harder than GCSE's and no course work was included. It was all or nothing. Bad day and you fucked it up. CSE's were easier and you could get a pass right down to grade 5.. To show they were easier I was dual entered for Chemistry. I got a CSE grade 1 (o level C ) and an O level E. So naturally was happy to take the so called equivalent.

If it makes you feel any better I did O levels and CSE's. A CSE grade one was equivalent to an O level C grade. O levels were a lot harder than GCSE's and no course work was included. It was all or nothing. Bad day and you fucked it up. CSE's were easier and you could get a pass right down to grade 5.. To show they were easier I was dual entered for Chemistry. I got a CSE grade 1 (o level C ) and an O level E. So naturally was happy to take the so called equivalent.

Coursework was my problem, as I couldn't be arsed with school and spent little time on coursework. I passed all my exams.

Back