• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

A bit of a generalization there, Visage.

Not necessarily. Aside from immigration and the EU, the vast majority of UKIP voters aren't aware of their policies re education, the environment, NHS, pensions etc. To most of their voters UKIP=get rid of immigrants, out of Europe. My Nan would have loved them.

Not necessarily. Aside from immigration and the EU, the vast majority of UKIP voters aren't aware of their policies re education, the environment, NHS, pensions etc. To most of their voters UKIP=get rid of immigrants, out of Europe. My Nan would have loved them.

To be fair Templeton, I think that many UKIP voters do Know their other policies, but don't care so much about them. As the last person, who I met in the UK told me "We want our fucking country back". I think they were quite well supported in the south of England. But that might have changed now.

I also would think many Labour and Tory voters wouldn't know all their parties policies. I think the majority of Greens Party supporters do, but after seeing Natalie Bennett's interview on TV, I am convinced their leader doesn't.

(Only joking, Deutsch)

In the pantheon of trite slogans, 'We want our country back' is right up there.

@VAylingUKIP When I asked what happens when subsidies for renewable energy run out I am insulted by Lib/Lab/Con/Grn pact but none answered

Oh look, there's a clique here, whenever you criticise one of them all their mates line up to defend them and throw insults around. Sounds familiar.

When you say something stupid, and everyone says you're an idiot, that's not a conspiracy. UKIP, much like climate change denialists, and all other conspiracy theorists, seem to struggle with this.

Being victims is UKIP's election strategy. If that's what people think represents an acceptable alternative to the status quo they deserve what they get.

I think UKIP have done quite well in recent months deflecting attention away from the bizarre, bigotted and prejudiced rump of their party and focussed in on totally unfunded, populist policies in an attempt to present themselves as an alternative to the political establishment.

Then their leader says he is going to repeal anti discrimination laws because his party is colour blind a couple of months before the election. At best, this is going to firm up the minority support that get off on this type of thing and reinforce the belief of the majority that they are unelectable. Those in the middle who might have been tempted to use UKIP as a protest vote are unlikely to be swayed by this sort of thing.

The words he used are in print and Farage's attempts to suggest he has been misrepresented are bizarre.

I think UKIP have done quite well in recent months deflecting attention away from the bizarre, bigotted and prejudiced rump of their party and focussed in on totally unfunded, populist policies in an attempt to present themselves as an alternative to the political establishment.

Then their leader says he is going to repeal anti discrimination laws because his party is colour blind a couple of months before the election. At best, this is going to firm up the minority support that get off on this type of thing and reinforce the belief of the majority that they are unelectable. Those in the middle who might have been tempted to use UKIP as a protest vote are unlikely to be swayed by this sort of thing.

The words he used are in print and Farage's attempts to suggest he has been misrepresented are bizarre.

Quite extraordinary how often the poor chap gets misquoted and misrepresented. It's a conspiracy, innit?

It's a plan.

1. Say something outrageous.
2. Blame the establishment for misrepresenting you.
3. Play the victim card to get votes.

It's actually a good plan. He's a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. He's like that professional buffoon Boris in that regard.

The casual rascism, sexism, general bigotry, the belief in the crap spouted about the EU plus the constant references to 'political correctness gone mad' i hear on a daily basis, particularly from people my age (ie: those who vote) shows he has managed to exploit willing support.

Presumably they haven't worked out that if they repeal work discrimination laws then all of the businesses started by 'Polish' people already over here will be free to employ others Poles ahead of British people.

The only image I can get when I hear him is the rednecks in South Park & 'they took ouuur jobs'

Farage is not alone in saying he has been misquoted. Most politicians make such claims.

True, but Farage has made it his main strategy. Say something outrageous and untrue, get loads of press coverage, then gradually backtrack and blame "the establishment" for misquoting him. It's laughably obvious but clearly very effective.

True, but Farage has made it his main strategy. Say something outrageous and untrue, get loads of press coverage, then gradually backtrack and blame "the establishment" for misquoting him. It's laughably obvious but clearly very effective.

It isn't just Farage either, it runs throughout the whole party...they are all at it. Make a claim that doesn't stand up to any scrutiny and then blame your detractors when it is shown to be a busted flush of an idea at the same time portraying UKIP as the victims of an establishment conspiracy. Their's is the most dishonest form of politics going on at the moment.

Back