• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I pay all of my taxes. I completed my return a few days ago and paid what was asked of me. As for my friends and their tax affairs, they're none of my business.
Agree with machin. Everybody should pay the correct tax, & everyone's payments is everybody's business, as it is public money to be used socially.

Agree with machin. Everybody should pay the correct tax, & everyone's payments is everybody's business, as it is public money to be used socially.

I tend to agree to an extent, however the underhand tactics that HMRC use for getting additional 'Tax' are part of the reason why a lot of people/companies try their hardest to get away with paying some of their taxes.

For example: HMRC are currently putting all their resources in to import duty at the moment as they know that the commodity code is a very grey area and very much open to interpretation, so they are aware they can find extra revenue.

There is also seems no logic to how they decide the import rates. We import monitors which have an import rate of 14%, if we were a manufacturer of machinery and fitting the monitors on the production line the monitor would have a 0% import rate.

I'd also suggest that most people would be looking at ways they can reduce their tax burden if they were paying 100s of thousands every year.

I'd also be surprised if everybody has declared their cash in hand payments they've ever had.

Individuals and small businesses pale into comparison with what the likes of Vodafone, Google, Amazon and Starbucks get away with. Billions of pounds every single year.

The principle of "everyone should pay what they owe" is the same, but the government choose to persecute those owing relatively piffling sums - often due to genuine oversights and lack of understanding of what are complex rules - and sit back and let those massive companies give them the finger, quite openly. How can you call Vodafone out on their underpayments and then in the next breath allow them to write off £6bn owed? They know Amazon pay next to no corporation tax at all and do nothing about it.

The principle of "everyone should pay what they owe" is the same, but the government choose to persecute those owing relatively piffling sums - often due to genuine oversights and lack of understanding of what are complex rules - and sit back and let those massive companies give them the finger, quite openly. How can you call Vodafone out on their underpayments and then in the next breath allow them to write off £6bn owed? They know Amazon pay next to no corporation tax at all and do nothing about it.

Totally agree, they go after easy targets.

Part of the problem is that Amazon, Google and such like have far cleverer accountants than the HMRC have.

I don't even think it's clever accounting on their part a lot of the time (undoubtedly they do have those kind of people on board if required, whereas anyone who has ever had the misfortune to deal with HMRC directly will know how criminally stupid they are). They just say "we're not paying this" in the knowledge that there'll be no come back.

Kind of like how Dishface said he wasn't paying the £1.7bn to the EU because well, what are you going to do, Foreign Chops. Except it turns out he is actually going to pay it.

Many years ago running my own business, my partners and I were having a fret over a 750,000 grand overdraught.

A client of ours, much bigger than we were of course said simply, "look if you owe the bank a tenner they will chase you to hell for it from the day it's due, if you owe them a million, they will ask nicely and always give you time".

It seems that's what HMRC are doing with the big boys, although the Multi national debtors, quietly suggesting to pull out of the UK entirely, might also have a calming effect on HMRC and GOV UK, don't you think?

For example: HMRC are currently putting all their resources in to import duty at the moment as they know that the commodity code is a very grey area and very much open to interpretation, so they are aware they can find extra revenue.

SSSssshhhhh !! Don't tell everybody :)

UKIP Facebook page is a riot to read...

B8NqlmgCEAAo6Jb.jpg:large

Many things that people say on internet pages are either criminally or civilly actionable. Amazingly, huge numbers of internet users still fail to understand that.

Lib Dems have found the way to fight back against UKIP...............say the same as they do

Pubs are closing because traditionally white working class areas have become home to mainly Muslim immigrants, a minister has said.
Stephen Williams, a minister in the Department for Communities and Local Government, said pubs had shut down in his constituency after a wave of imigration.

Back