• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Although if Boris really is making that kind of power play, why doesn't D-Cam just deselect him from Kensington or wherever he's standing? He isn't an MP. I really don't think there are that many Boris loyalists. He is a nasty bastard hiding behind that ruffled buffoon exterior, plus surely their next leader has to be as far away from Old Etonian as possible.

Boris is quite popular amongst the grass roots. Plus with the 'anti-politics' sentiment washing around at the moment it would be a far too overtly political mood. Cameron would be the guy who stabbed a rival in the back for his own ends.

I don't see him making them electable, the Norman Wisdom act wears pretty thin. Grass roots support is fine but they're the kind of people who'll vote Tory in perpetuity. I don't see many people north of Watford voting for him. Cameron is a detestably shallow man but he doesn't inspire outright hatred in many people, Boris would. He's an exhibitionist in flaunting inherited privilege for one thing.

You're better placed to answer than I am, has he done anything positive for the lower classes in London?

I quite like him, but not sure I would if he became the Conservative leader.

I don't see him making them electable, the Norman Wisdom act wears pretty thin. Grass roots support is fine but they're the kind of people who'll vote Tory in perpetuity. I don't see many people north of Watford voting for him. Cameron is a detestably shallow man but he doesn't inspire outright hatred in many people, Boris would. He's an exhibitionist in flaunting inherited privilege for one thing.

You're better placed to answer than I am, has he done anything positive for the lower classes in London?

He hasnt really done anything tbh. Certainly nothing on the scale that Ken managed. Obviously I think Boris is an idiot, so doing nothing is the least worst option.

He hasnt really done anything tbh. Certainly nothing on the scale that Ken managed. Obviously I think Boris is an idiot, so doing nothing is the least worst option.

Agree with all of that. Only things that come to mind are breaking his promise not to close Tube ticket offices and stopping the westward expansion of the congestion charge. However, a Tory mate of mine reckons Boris has bought '£130m of new investment' to the city.

Fox News - The leader of the UK Independence Party @Nigel_Farage joins @seanhannity to discuss Europe's "no go" zones.

What the fuck is there to discuss other than "there isn't any"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30829222

Greens growing in numbers & strength. Perhaps less of a "wasted vote", and apparently now a larger (by membership) party than ukip.
I trust the beeb will give the greens proportionately more coverage than ukip now as a result eh?

What the Green Party has conveniently forgotten to mention is that the Scottish Green Party is a separate organisation whose membership they are counting as their own. Most of the people joining the "Green Surge" wouldn't recognise Natalie Bennett if she stood a metre in front of them wearing a placard saying "I AM THE LEADER OF THE GREEN PARTY" in huge letters. These people are the youth of Islington who support social justice and believe in a green future, as long as it doesn't affect them. These people are invariably "starving artist" types, so membership starts at 87p or thereabouts per month - perfect for a bandwagon.

What the Green Party has conveniently forgotten to mention is that the Scottish Green Party is a separate organisation whose membership they are counting as their own. Most of the people joining the "Green Surge" wouldn't recognise Natalie Bennett if she stood a metre in front of them wearing a placard saying "I AM THE LEADER OF THE GREEN PARTY" in huge letters. These people are the youth of Islington who support social justice and believe in a green future, as long as it doesn't affect them. These people are invariably "starving artist" types, so membership starts at 87p or thereabouts per month - perfect for a bandwagon.

You don't like the people who support them, therefore they are irrelevant?

What does it matter if people can't recognise the leader anyway? Surely a connection with their policies is far more important than liking the face in front of them?

Where did I say that I didn't like them?

These people are the youth of Islington who support social justice and believe in a green future, as long as it doesn't affect them. These people are invariably "starving artist" types

This just screams with admiration & friendship, doesn't it?

I'm a Green Party member, and I'm neither particularly young nor from Islington.

Anyone else got any trite generalisations they'd like to share? Tory supporters all being baby munching yuppies? Labour supporters being died in the wool commie sympathisers who worship Karl (Marx, not Henry)?

Might as well get it all out the way and then we can carry on with a grown up debate.

Back