• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Can't say I have ever heard a foreign accent in either Next or Tesco.
If any immigrant comes to the UK they should be treated fairly and not exploited. Which has always been my argument. Put to deny it is happening, isn't living in the real world.
My problem has always been with the multinationals.

If any immigrant comes to the UK they should be treated fairly and not exploited. Which has always been my argument. Put to deny it is happening, isn't living in the real world.
My problem has always been with the multinationals.

Not sure where in that post I said anything about exploiting immigrants.

Re: the SNP. They only poll north of the border. And up there they pull about 42% of the vote.

Is Mr Historymakers reading another forum but replying on this one??

Maybe theres a whole clique of folk still posting on the old hosting....

So now we have read on this thread, a poster who has never met a UKIP supporter, a poster who has never heard a foreign accent in Tescos or Next and a poster who thinks that British youngsters don't want to work. I'm starting to think that some posters live further from the UK than I do.
(joking of course)

Should these "many people" of whom you refer really blame immigrants though?
Should they be angry at Piotr, the pole, working on a building site, for a construction company, earning a wage, building things, paying tax & NI.
Or should they blame these huge multi nationals, who expect a fully trained workforce, but don't want to pay for their training. Use our transport infrastructure, paid for by taxpayers, but don't want to pay for it themselves. Want the taxpayer funded NHS to heal & nurse their sick workforce, but don't want to pay for it. & also want us to subsidise the piss poor wages they pay via housing benefits and tax credits. Oh, and when they fail they want us to bail them out.

All whilst not paying any income tax.

I think they're more angry at labour and the Tories for not doing anything to change any of it in the last decade...

I have never met a UKIP supporter either. When I was in oz, i met plenty of their similar party followers. Special people. Wanted Australia for Australians by kicking out the indigenous australians. Ace bunch

So now we have read on this thread, a poster who has never met a UKIP supporter, a poster who has never heard a foreign accent in Tescos or Next and a poster who thinks that British youngsters don't want to work. I'm starting to think that some posters live further from the UK than I do.
(joking of course)

I will ask the store manager next time I go in.

I was at Next distribution centre in Doncaster a few months back too.

Changing something thats a net benefit to the country would be risky.

Net benefit to the nhs, doctors surgeries, schools and all the other services that are struggling due to the extra demand? Or for the banks and hedge funds making money from investments in cheap labour?

Net benefit to the country as a whole.

Thats what 'Net benefit' means.....

Changing something thats a net benefit to the country would be risky.

Immigrants from outside of the EU have cost this country billions. It is from within in the EU that there is a net benefit. All immigration put together comes out about even.

A bank can have a net benefit, but it's customers have to pay more bank charges. So there the bank is better off, but the customer isn't.

My honest opinion is that British people are not better off now, than 30 years ago. Both governments' immigration policies have stretched the infrastructure of this country to breaking point.
Housing shortage, traffic, schools, hospitals, ect. The answer of we have a skill shortage, so we need to bring more immigrants is laughable. The reason that the infrastructure is so stretched, is because there are too many people. Maybe the government should spend more money on educating the people already in the UK. Spend more on training in the areas where we have a shortage of skills.

Immigrants from outside of the EU have cost this country billions. It is from within in the EU that there is a net benefit. All immigration put together comes out about even.

A bank can have a net benefit, but it's customers have to pay more bank charges. So there the bank is better off, but the customer isn't.

My honest opinion is that British people are not better off now, than 30 years ago. Both governments' immigration policies have stretched the infrastructure of this country to breaking point.
Housing shortage, traffic, schools, hospitals, ect. The answer of we have a skill shortage, so we need to bring more immigrants is laughable. The reason that the infrastructure is so stretched, is because there are too many people. Maybe the government should spend more money on educating the people already in the UK. Spend more on training in the areas where we have a shortage of skills.

Do we have to go round this again?. Read back a few pages and look at Vis's comments about the survey being skewed by the older age of non-EU immigrants and it not taking into account all their years of tax and NI payments.

Repeating the same tired old arguments is getting dull.

Net benefit to the country as a whole.

Thats what 'Net benefit' means.....

Ah, so it's your opinion rather than anything published? As there is no net benefit once you take in the social issues and service capacity problems.

Back