• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup

If we lose Cyber will tell us we've played them back into form

Funny !
I think they will be inclined to play a stonger team now they've gone out to Southampton. Two Cup exits in a week wouldn't be good for morale.

I think he'll pick a side he thinks can and should win and it'll be stronger than the last round, but still think the likes of Coutinho and Firmino will be on the bench.

I think he'll pick a side he thinks can and should win and it'll be stronger than the last round, but still think the likes of Coutinho and Firmino will be on the bench.

You are probably correct, though I suppose it depends on what their priorities are this season. I imagine it would be champions league qualification, so there could well be a few changes from last night.

If we lose Cyber will tell us we've played them back into form

Correct. They are in awful form ,draw v Plymouth defeat to Swansea defeat to Southampton. They won't lose three on the bounce. I expect them to win by 3 or more

If we win I will accept the myth as busted and won't use it again!

Funny !
I think they will be inclined to play a stonger team now they've gone out to Southampton. Two Cup exits in a week wouldn't be good for morale.

i agree with you. and i also agree that their priority is the league and with a big game on tues i imagine that will take priority in klopp's mind. in conclusion, i don't know what to think.

I'm expecting a weakened Liverpool side with Chelsea coming up in midweek. Should still be far to strong for us, as odds of 12-1 suggest.
We might just surprise them though, it is the FA cup.

Even with a weakened team, Liverpool should really be beating us by 3 clear goals, but that's the beauty of the cup, you just never know. No pressure on us so just hope we go for it

If they were to send out something like:

-------------------------Karius----------------------

Alexander-Arnold---Klavan-----Gomez-------Moreno

------------Stewart----Lucas-----Ejaria---------------

----------Woodburn---Sturridge----Ojo----------------

Which I'd say is quite likely, then that's a substantially weaker team than Stoke played against us.

There will be no point in us siiting back & waiting for the inevitable - just go for it, get on the front foot & see where it takes us

Would rather lose 4 - 1 (want to at least get 1 goal up there) than lose 1 - 0 having not really tried

Which I'd say is quite likely, then that's a substantially weaker team than Stoke played against us.

Hopefully Costa plays - could do some damage to that back line

It is but we have to put out a substantially weaker defence too.

I still think Liverpool will be good enough but I hope we play like we did at Stoke.

I think it'll be stronger than that up front. I think he'll play Origi and Wijnaldum in addition to Sturridge. Still leaves Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho rested for the Chelsea game.

If be disappointed if we couldn't at least get a replay against them.

Lambert is supposed to be on TalkShite soon to speak about the game.

Programme cover for tomorrow's game:

C3LAJyeWAAEP0ec.jpg

Kinda ruined by the sponsors logo at the bottom!

Back