• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi-Final: Watford 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

As others have said, and having now seen it again, I think the problem for Dendoncker is that he doesn't know Deeney is there as the former is running out from goal towards the cross whereas Deeney is running far post to near post to attack it.

Much like Berra hacking down Bent a few years ago, he's trying to clear what he assumes to be a loose ball but gets beaten to it by a man he's unaware of and ends up fouling him. If Dendoncker had started in the same position as Deeney and matched his run then I don't think he'd have made the challenge or at least would've extended his leg alongside Deeney looking to block a potential shot rather than out towards him looking to play the ball.

Deeney definitely did surprise him. I feel for the Donck. It must be a dreadful feeling for him.

Deeney definitely did surprise him. I feel for the Donck. It must be a dreadful feeling for him.

Hopefully he overcomes this, & suspect that Nuno will be crucial in doing so. He's had a positive influence on us.

Agree that he didn't realise that Deeney was that close to him

Still in pain and keep playing back that penalty incident in my head. Doesn’t feel as painful as 95 at Bolton or as desolate as 02.
Just hope the players don’t feel sorry for themselves between now and the end of season. Desperate for us to get 7th now including beating Watford.
Regards Raul talk about making something out of nothing, player scores puts on a mask in his teams colours and celebrates in front of his own fans. Big deal, is it any worse than what Delefrou did after scoring the 3rd.
Noticed Luther Blisset has heavily criticised him to saying he should celebrate infront of his own fans and calling him a cartoon character. Hypocrisy of the highest level considering Delefeou celebrations or the way Deeney has goaded Villa fans after scoring against them.

I might be wrong but I can't remember anyone crying about Auba when he put a mask on. Or that Fulham striker years ago, he used to do it every time he scored.

What a goal it was by Jiménez btw. Fully deserving of a mental celebration.

I might be wrong but I can't remember anyone crying about Auba when he put a mask on. Or that Fulham striker years ago, he used to do it every time he scored.

What a goal it was by Jiménez btw. Fully deserving of a mental celebration.

Superb take & shot - had a really good view of that from where I was. Justifies his price without doubt.

Regards Troy Deeney I’ve seen numerous media outlets and former players using words such as “hero” “role model” etc.
He can be held up as example to others of how you can turn your life around absolutely and I’ve full respect for people who do it like he has.
He’s done his time for his wrongs but to label someone a hero after what he’s done is just wrong.

stayed over last night. Just got back home.

gutting end to game. we all knew we were getting too deep before FT. the way the game was prob Jota was the key sub not to have made. neves took a knock at some point, moutinho looked a bit knackered.

I thought maybe Donk could have got closer for the first, but the guy has done a worldie there. no blame for ruddy imo.
I don’t want to think about the pen. Deeney knows what he’s doing, get across the man and go down whatever. I don’t know if the contact was sufficient to floor him and it’s pointless debating it anyway. it was a sickener.

we had some great positions to get a third in the 90. Would have been enough.

Anyway, it’s a taster for Fosun. I think they’ll want more of that and that’s got to be god for us. Onwards.

At the end of the day we were 30 seconds and one dangling leg away from being in the FA Cup final. Gutted.

Our lack of central strikers cost us. Whilst Jota has adapted brilliantly to playing more centrally Cav, Costa and Traore are not suited to the role and we look a completely different side when Jota and Jimenez are not both on the pitch. Not only did taking a Jota off lead to steadily increasing pressure in the last few minutes it left us toothless to get back into the game once they went ahead. Hopefully we address the lack of cover for J&J as a priority in the summer.

Agree with this - I love Cav, but he can’t play the role were asking him to play, and we need to get someone who can

What songs are they for Jimenez? Sit in Steve Bull and we sing quite a bit but can't think of any for him?

Si Senor is picking up serious steam the last few weeks, I expect it'll be a regular before long

I'd rather have MGW there.

We went in one post match called "The Blue Check" it made the Double 6 look like a high end cocktail bar, it's worse than the Boy and Barrel in Huddersfield.... It's the worst place I've ever been in!

As for pricing all the bars were 6 quid a pint, except the Blue Check which was 5. It was worth paying the extra quid a pint to be elsewhere

We were in one round the back from there called Parish Bar. £4.50 a pint so you can imagine how bad that one was. I felt fucking terrible dragging Cass in there!

We have lost games in the past, but promoted as Champions and now vying for 7th. So this feels like our first 'failure' since Nuno came in. Especially hard as we looked to have it won.

I thought the difference between the teams was squad depth. Not knocking Traore but he was our game changer, and he didn't. Theirs was Delofeu and he was on 'feu' (sorry).

Probably the wrong time but.......
Next year we should target the carabao cup. Two penalty defeats in the last two years. Play our strongest side and the semi finals surely beckon. I was pissed off to miss out this year.

We were in one round the back from there called Parish Bar. £4.50 a pint so you can imagine how bad that one was. I felt fucking terrible dragging Cass in there!

Is that the pub where I saw you? If so, yes, it was a proper dump.

Good meeting you in person, although I’m sure I’ve met you before...

Back