• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi-Final: Watford 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

One was for a coming together of heads between Deulofeu(sp?) and Moutinho. The other was for a Jiminez challenge where they thought that he may have gone over the top.

Gutted still this morning. Can I just say a big thanks to the community on here who helped each other out with tickets. I won't name the names of who helped me but thank you, it was a cracking day out until about 5.35pm.

How was everyone's travel experience?
I went on the train / tube and it was pretty smooth. No big delays even when getting the tube back to Euston

Yes it did look as though Delefeu tried to drop the nut on Moutinho. Would have been a whole different game if that one had gone the other way.

Fine. The 8.05 out of Wolvo was rammed but it was okay. Went for a pint after the game which allowed the crowd to disperse a bit and then got straight on a Met Line to Euston Square, and made the 20.40 out of Euston by a couple of minutes. Got into Wolvo and there was a 90 minute wait for a taxi so popped off to the bus station and made the last bus by not very much at all. Was home by about 11.15 I guess.

Gutted still this morning. Can I just say a big thanks to the community on here who helped each other out with tickets. I won't name the names of who helped me but thank you, it was a cracking day out until about 5.35pm.

I'll echo this. I owe a huge thanks to the forum for my ticket.

I went on the train / tube and it was pretty smooth. No big delays even when getting the tube back to Euston

The coach journey back was flawless (although not for the 3 idiots who couldn't make it back to the coach within an hour and would have had to have made their own way home). However, when I got back to Wolverhampton I couldn't get hold of a taxi so had to join the queue at the train station and stand in the cold for 50 minutes.

Nuno tried to shut up shop and it failed. We need a stronger squad especially if we get Europe but that's a known already. Once it hit 2.2 we were never winning, no chance at all, had already killed our game and brought on players who are not trusted to play for very long

Dendoncker was squabbling with Deeney for 10 mins leading up the penalty

On tele I actually thought we were very loud, in spells, which I assumed was down to fans being all over the place and us not being at Molineux basically... lots of Nuno had a dream and Hey Jude

Thought the mask was pretty cool, and why not do it at 2.0. Assumed it was his way of marking his signing for the club, pashun n all that. No idea about a wrestler

My prediction is City will win the cup and push Europa to 7th. We will beat Liverpool on the last day to get 7th and help City to the title. #cybering

After he wore the sin cara for Benfica. The wrestler got a Benfica themed mask. And now a Wolves one.

It's their way of supporting each other I guess, as fellow Mexicans shining a cross the globe.

img_920x519$2017_06_05_19_36_59_1274017.jpg

Related point but I thought they made a big deal that they were going to be showing the VAR replays in the stadium? Didn't see anything replayed once.

Tbf it's probably a better idea not to do it as it will only incense the fans one way or another more but it does just absolutely kill the atmosphere in the stadium.

They only show the replay if the decision is overturned.

Related point but I thought they made a big deal that they were going to be showing the VAR replays in the stadium? Didn't see anything replayed once.

Tbf it's probably a better idea not to do it as it will only incense the fans one way or another more but it does just absolutely kill the atmosphere in the stadium.
Think they will next season, not sure.

Bollocks. We were 2-0 up against a side who are at a similar level. I can appreciate how far we have come over the last couple of years, but please let's leave this 'we are proud of you' crap at the door. We threw away the chance of getting into a Cup Final. Stupid errors and naïve defending did that not some plucky lower league side.The level we are now at you shouldn't do that, it's fucking annoying not unlucky

This

still gutted

So so gutted. Have barely spoken to anyone since 6pm yesterday!

Might have to buy myself a new car to try and cheer me up :mecry:

Haven't read through any of this so don't know if these points have been mentioned before but I've got a few unpopular opinions.

A) Our fans let the players down. It was loud at times, of course it was, it was the semi final and there were 34k of us. But when they needed a lift the most we gave them nothing. Especially in that 2nd half of extra time, with Wolves attacking the goal in front of our fans, we should've been sucking the ball in. Not saying it would've made a difference to the result but it was what our players deserved after everything they've done this season.

B) Rui Patrício plays and we're in the final. Poor goalkeeping for the 2nd and 3rd goals. Patrício certainly wouldn't have let the winner in and assuming he picked the right way (they will have been studying Deeneys pens so I think it's fair to say Rui would've gone the same way) he wouldn't flinch away from the ball like Ruddy did. It's the FA cup semi-final. Pick your best XI Nuno.

Cold light of day today and it's a massive missed opportunity and only have ourselves to blame.

At 2-0 up we should have seen the game out. We invited the pressure on by dropping too deep, too early and helped Watford out. The last 15 minutes or so of normal time we just couldn't get out.

I am proud of this squad for the journey and getting us to Wembley, 3 or 4 years ago I would have laughed at the suggestion of where we are. But this was a golden opportunity to make a cup final, and at 2 up with 15 minutes to play we should all be planning another Wembley trip.

I must admit that I was extremely happy to be in my local at 9.55 after dropping off two mates in Netherton. We were in the yellow car park by the 5 a side place I imagined it would take ages to get out but it was easy.

On another note the atmosphere: there was constant singing in 112 towards the back at least. Problem was when you get the singing section dispersed all around the place its gets lost although it sounded better on TV after wathing match back. I wish our fans would have stuck to the traditional songs so more could join in I like the Raul song but everybody doesnt know it.

Few observations:

- No way can you pin blame on Ruddy for the first. Deulofeu had one way to score and one place to put it. It was a superb strike

- I felt comfortable up until then, think it was actually their first shot on target. But we badly lacked composure afterwards

- Didn't see any way back after we conceded the equaliser. It was demoralising for us lot in the stands, let alone for the players

- Harrow was good pre-match. Decent enough prices, not too busy, no trouble and close to the ground

- The area around Wembley is absolutely dismal. That double 6 sports bar or whatever it's called is one of the worst pubs I've been in for many a year. Worse than McGhee's. Absolute hovel and nowhere else was that much better

- The stadium looks crap from the outside and it's rubbish to get away from. Good view though

- Deeney is a cunt

I think the inexperience of the squad showed when it comes to the "big games", particularly after Neves and Moutinho went off. We seemed to have no composure without them. Also our non-existent squad depth: Cavaleiro and Costa just not good enough. Traore will hopefully improve his end product after a season with Nuno and the coaches but right now he isn't good enough either: can beat a man but can't cross for toffee.

What I will say about double six, bar the fact it was shit, was that they had covered up the regular bar price board and replaced it with "All Pints - £6.00"

Ripping off fans. I won't be back there.

- The area around Wembley is absolutely dismal. That double 6 sports bar or whatever it's called is one of the worst pubs I've been in for many a year. Worse than McGhee's. Absolute hovel and nowhere else was that much better

We went in one post match called "The Blue Check" it made the Double 6 look like a high end cocktail bar, it's worse than the Boy and Barrel in Huddersfield.... It's the worst place I've ever been in!

As for pricing all the bars were 6 quid a pint, except the Blue Check which was 5. It was worth paying the extra quid a pint to be elsewhere

I mean to be fair, it's a slight step up from the industrial wasteland it was up until recently.

Not a big step up, but still.

Why anyone would actively choose to spend any time there outside of an event is a mystery though.

I think the inexperience of the squad showed when it comes to the "big games", particularly after Neves and Moutinho went off. We seemed to have no composure without them. Also our non-existent squad depth: Cavaleiro and Costa just not good enough. Traore will hopefully improve his end product after a season with Nuno and the coaches but right now he isn't good enough either: can beat a man but can't cross for toffee.

He stood by the corner taker near the end and I just thought that's literally utterly pointless, zero chance of you whipping the ball in because you can't whip a ball in

Back