• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi-Final: Watford 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

I was in pre big match nervous build up I think. Like you say, in my own world! I mean you could barely move in that carriage anyway.

Is that the pub where I saw you? If so, yes, it was a proper dump.

Good meeting you in person, although I’m sure I’ve met you before...

Yeah that one, easily one of the worst I've ever been in. Good to meet you too mate (pleasure to meet your daughter too) but I don't ever remember being pissed up with Machin, I swear that's the first time I've met you.

The coach on both journeys was fucking horrendous, the air con was fucked and it must have been 30°C in there. Everybody dozed off on the way back it was that hot and my mouth felt more like my sock than my sock did, we went straight in Lazeez when we got off and bought virtually all of his cans of pop. Never going through that again.

Yeah that one, easily one of the worst I've ever been in. Good to meet you too mate (pleasure to meet your daughter too) but I don't ever remember being pissed up with Machin, I swear that's the first time I've met you.

Perhaps it’s because I’ve seen pictures of you on here. Either way good to see you and your daughter. Wasn’t it great to have been to Wembley with them?

Perhaps it’s because I’ve seen pictures of you on here. Either way good to see you and your daughter. Wasn’t it great to have been to Wembley with them?

It may have been a dump but it was good to meet up and the atmosphere was great.

It may have been a dump but it was good to meet up and the atmosphere was great.

Yeah, good to meet up mate. I’ll have to make the effort to get to the London before the end of the season.

Everything went well pre-match...post-match we had a plan (based on information received) and it turned out to be a very poor one as none of the pubs towards or even past Wembley Central (way clear of the ground and well after full time) would let Wolves fans in. Wasted tons of time walking all that way, then had to come all the way back and understandably most/all had either gone or were making their way home.

I didn't see a single pub walking in either direction that looked even vaguely decent, all at best 3/10 efforts.

The coach on both journeys was fucking horrendous, the air con was fucked and it must have been 30°C in there. Everybody dozed off on the way back it was that hot and my mouth felt more like my sock than my sock did, we went straight in Lazeez when we got off and bought virtually all of his cans of pop. Never going through that again.

Asked my mate how the coach back was and he just said "sweat box" so maybe they were on yours!

We drove to Hillingdon and parked up, dead easy getting in. Leaving Jesus wept was a long miserable process stood queuing and being patronised by Watford fans.
Gave up trying to get in any bars, pubs or fanpark just got a large carry out from Sainsbury’s.
Views from seating was immense and the few times I sat down leg room was ample.
Interior of the ground is very good but surrounding areas is pretty grim. Will certainly re-asses a plan of action should we return there.

We drove to Hillingdon and parked up, dead easy getting in. Leaving Jesus wept was a long miserable process stood queuing and being patronised by Watford fans.
Gave up trying to get in any bars, pubs or fanpark just got a large carry out from Sainsbury’s.
Views from seating was immense and the few times I sat down leg room was ample.
Interior of the ground is very good but surrounding areas is pretty grim. Will certainly re-asses a plan of action when we return there.

Fify

Problem with the semi final is you don’t have one set of fans leaving and another in the ground 20-30 minutes after waiting for a trophy presentation and lap of honour.

On the Raul mask thing! It was a great goal but I don't like these pre-planned celebrations and you can end up looking a bit silly.
It's related to a famous Mexican wrestler I believe which doesn't have much to do with Wolves as far as I can tell.

It's given the Baggies something to laugh at us about anyway and I'm all in favour of charity.

As for Deeney he has a real issue with himself and his club being dismissed as tin pot, I think it was unproffesional of him to say what he said
but the interviewer knows what sort of answer he'll get and that Troy is hyped up.

It made the day mate despite the result, I loved every minute of the day as we had a brilliant time together. Cass was amazed at the stadium, I thought it was a bit shit. The view was amazing but that was about it.

Asked my mate how the coach back was and he just said "sweat box" so maybe they were on yours!

We were on Tatters coach 12, ask him if the driver's name was Ron and if we stopped outside the stadium for ages when we got there as he hadn't got a fucking clue where to go.

Probably the wrong time but.......
Next year we should target the carabao cup. Two penalty defeats in the last two years. Play our strongest side and the semi finals surely beckon. I was pissed off to miss out this year.

Yes, I thought the same

The Big Green Coach Co bus we were on was excellent, air con worked great, stopped at Warwick services on way down for a breakfast bap and coffee. Didn't stop at all on way back which was fine as it was very subdued and everyone just wanted to get home.

We'll never play a full strength side in the early rounds of the League Cup irrespective of the opposition. Too little of the season gone.

On the ground.
I love the photos that the media push to promote Wembley and Wembley way etc....very iconic.
In reality, there are sooooo many high rise buildings being developed, that are enveloping the ground so much, that you wont be able to fucking see it soon!
This has a detrimental effect to me but obvisouly they planned this to happen, so just built that big fucking semi circle on top.
Dont think the view was that great from the lower tier either, couldnt really make out what was happening the other end of the pitch.

Back