• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally feel Watford is the toughest matchup for us in midfield specifically. Although Donk coming into the side helps massively.

Didn't really care who we drew, though; we have to beat two of the three left regardless.

Odd indeed. As if Watford are an easy pass into the Final!
Tbf i could have left 'claiming the draw was fixed in favour of City' out of that sentence.

given a choice, they're the one i didn't want. but we'll stuff em anyway.

Nah, me neither... but away we go, gonna be a tough game and we just must try and handle Deulofeu this time out.

Last edited:
Well its still on. By that I mean a wolves Brighton final. Brighton are Man city's last league game and we are Liverpool's.

I said we start the semis as fourth favourites. We are newly promoted, have not beaten any of the other three semi finalists in fact we have lost1 0 ,2 0 ,3 0 to them and a 1 1 with city thanks to big Wilys right arm!

However, we have been to Wembley this season and won. And won well. Watford should hold no fears.

So a repeat of the 1974 League Cup Final (only time I have seen us at Wembley) is still on - get that with the same result please :icon_biggrin:

Would have preffered Brighton or City but we are a different proposition since we last played them, gunna be a tough game though

Alright wolves, decent-ish draw for both of us. Would have preferred Brighton but can't complain.

Game is hard to call, you can't play as badly as you did when we beat you at your place, though I hope you do..

Neither of us will fear the other so no one will sit back. Can see this one ending up 4-3.

Not sure when the last time you went to Wembley is, but I think as the 'away' side you get the shite pubs...

All the best

I know a lot of people think of Watford as the team who worked out Nuno's system. But since that time, we have added a vital component to the team in the play of Leander Dendoncker. His box-to-box tactical movement and energy, together with his reliable defending, has enabled Moutinho and Neves to produce their best and I cannot see the mid-field being overrun by Watford with Donck in the form he's in. His defending against Martial last night prevented a certain goal which would have changed the game considerably since it happened mid-way through the first half. He was also up there with Jota when the second goal came, making it potentially a two-on-one where his presence actually distracted Man U's goalkeeper who was slow to move to his right for Jota's very quick release. Indeed, Donck is so often the unheralded hero who has given our mid-field the steel it was lacking, which has been evidenced in the recent run of very good results. Both Moutinho and Neves played superbly well last night. But I would not wish to understate the role played by Donck in permitting them to play their A-game.

Alright wolves, decent-ish draw for both of us. Would have preferred Brighton but can't complain.

Game is hard to call, you can't play as badly as you did when we beat you at your place, though I hope you do..

Neither of us will fear the other so no one will sit back. Can see this one ending up 4-3.

Not sure when the last time you went to Wembley is, but I think as the 'away' side you get the shite pubs...

All the best

Thanks fella!

We went to Wembley a few weeks back. Beat spurs 3 1!

I’m just going to chuck this out there early - but in the slim event that someone has a number with enough points to get a semi final ticket & they’re not going - please could you send me a PM? I couldn’t go yesterday as our second childs due date is on Wednesday. As much as I tried to persuade the mrs it would be fine, she just wouldn’t allow me to go that far away from her! He should be here by the time the semi final rolls around so I’ll be able to get away with it...

PM sent.

I’m just going to chuck this out there early - but in the slim event that someone has a number with enough points to get a semi final ticket & they’re not going - please could you send me a PM? I couldn’t go yesterday as our second childs due date is on Wednesday. As much as I tried to persuade the mrs it would be fine, she just wouldn’t allow me to go that far away from her! He should be here by the time the semi final rolls around so I’ll be able to get away with it...

Echo this (I don’t have a second child due however)... even though there may be a good chance I can get one with my membership would obviously rather not risk it ha

Haven't thought about it I reckon this is perfect for me who can't go - lose and i would have been very pissed off had I gone, win and I get to go to the final!

Apologies, hopefully some more knowledgeable watford fans will be along shortly. I'll bugger off back to my own forum.

In fairness, the Green Man was a shit pub and that's one of the away pubs (or at least it was for Spurs away!)

Echo this (I don’t have a second child due however)... even though there may be a good chance I can get one with my membership would obviously rather not risk it ha

I want to know what membership category you are in that might get you a second child...

I'm hoping our game is on the Sunday as I already have plans on the Saturday. Mind you, I'm not even a member so I guess my chance of getting a ticket is slim to nil anyway.

I'm hoping our game is on the Sunday as I already have plans on the Saturday. Mind you, I'm not even a member so I guess my chance of getting a ticket is slim to nil anyway.

I am up there with you as my chances are at best anorexic!

I’m not sure why this discussion is happening, you all have it wrong.

acaba460d95f8e9c288865c3f498cce0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back