• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was mildly amusing and the writer was having a bit of a go at his own team....tongue in cheek of course

Looking at the way we tend to respond, I’d say yesterday came at exactly the right time with next Sunday in mind. Get it out the system and react.

Usually I would agree but the dilemma is the United game on tuesday. What team should or we play?

It's a weird one. We want to keep ourselves in pole position for 7th, but, if Brighton were to somehow beat Manchester City in the first semi-final then 7th becomes irrelevant except for increased prize money.

First 11 for me with the exception of MGW for Moutinho and Vinagre for Jonny

I think he might play Ruddy to refind some sharpness.

I don’t think the team loses a great deal either. Not sure Rui covered himself in glory again yesterday.

You do remember the ENORMOUS ricketts that Ruddy dropped against Shrewsbury?

Seems to me that Rui is the latest scapegoat. It staggers me frankly.

I think he might play Ruddy to refind some sharpness.

I don’t think the team loses a great deal either. Not sure Rui covered himself in glory again yesterday.

Eh? You can't expect him to save either goal can you?

Haven't bothered to watch the replays but isn't the first a little dodgy? Couldn't really tell from my angle.

Not the second no. I think you can definitely query if he’s caught in no mans land for the first . Definitely a couple of flaps at crosses too. One very similar to the goal we conceded away at Cardiff. Lucky to get a free kick on this occasion.

No but his kicking was shit again and he had nothing else to do. The times scored him 5 so they weren't impressed that he had nothing to do yet somehow didn't do that well! Ruddy errors fortunately came against Shrewsbury who we came back to beat. I think there is little between them so no concern who Nuno chooses. You are spot on that 3 5 2 is our best shape and back ups of quality to keep that shape are essential in the summer. Costa Traore and Cav sadly need upgrading.

Not the second no. I think you can definitely query if he’s caught in no mans land for the first . Definitely a couple of flaps at crosses too. One very similar to the goal we conceded away at Cardiff. Lucky to get a free kick on this occasion.

Our defence was caught out for the first. Rui closes the space well and forces Wood wide. On another day Coady knocks that out not in.

Rui was fine. His kicking wasn’t even that bad to be honest had to deal with Saiss and Boly giving him some really poor back passes too.

Rui was fine. His kicking wasn’t even that bad to be honest had to deal with Saiss and Boly giving him some really poor back passes too.

He was fine yeah but his level has definitely dropped from the start of the season. You could argue he was a little slow off his line for the first although i don't think he could have done much more, he got lucky with the one he flapped at as mentioned. He didn't want to come for it but had to and panicked. His kicking wasn't too bad apart from the one he fired in to touch with his right foot and although i don't think he would have saved it his positioning was poor for the second goal.

At the start of the season Rui was a massive upgrade on Ruddy, right now he isn't and i actually don't think there's anything between them.

Sorry mate but that last bit of your last sentence is completely untrue.

Really struggling to see what else Rui could have done, if he stays on his line he gives Wood a straight forward shot on goal. Some of our fans really love a scapegoat at times, spoilt seems to spring to mind really.

Blaming Rui seems harsh to me, as for the semi final, don't mind who plays, Rui is better than Ruddy but not by that much.

The problem at the moment is he’s having nothing to do but we’re still conceding goals. When was the last time he made a save which was more than routine? Leicester against Harvey Barnes start of second half and we still conceded 3 that game. The one against Bournemouth (from his poor kick), but that was a poor finish more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back