• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I allowed to join the ballot. I want to double Vis chances of a ticket?

I would say 100 for fans who have been unable to attend due to moving away or life has got in the way is fair enough. A teeny % of the allocation but shows the club are at least looking at fans circumstances rather than loyalty of attending games since December 2017.

Pretty much my situation, I was a season ticket holder up until the start of the 17/18 season but have been unable to buy a season ticket since due to money and work commitments.
I’ve been to 6 games this season, don’t begrudge I’m not going or am not going to state how I was there when it was bad.
I’ve entered the ballot but if I don’t go fair enough I knew when I gave my season ticket or didn’t get a membership that this situation could occur.

Pretty much my situation, I was a season ticket holder up until the start of the 17/18 season but have been unable to buy a season ticket since due to money and work commitments.
I’ve been to 6 games this season, don’t begrudge I’m not going or am not going to state how I was there when it was bad.
I’ve entered the ballot but if I don’t go fair enough I knew when I gave my season ticket or didn’t get a membership that this situation could occur.

If you're going to 6 games a season, its got to be worth 25 quid membership surely?

2 have been using my dads season ticket when he can’t go, 4 we’re purchased I’ll be getting a membership next season. I was at the Q/F and will never forget that night it is what it is.

Am I allowed to join the ballot. I want to double Vis chances of a ticket?

I think you have to be a lapsed member to enter. I have, however, asked my son to enter it so that will be another chance for Vis

You don't have to be a lapsed member to enter :icon_wink:

On the members issue, I'm another with 100 points that TT can't understand. Purchased to go on the ST waiting list, and hopefully get to a couple of matches.
I play bowls, so the first few games of a season are out unless they're midweek/sundays.
By the time bowls season was over we started playing well, and sell outs were a regular. I got lucky in being able to act as super sub for a couple of posters unable to attend, meaning their tickets weren't going to waste.
C'est la vie. I've still had a fantastic time at the games I have been able to attend.

On my own tonight so watching the full re-run of the quarter final on iPlayer. It never gets old.

You'll only jinx us if you do.

Yeah you say that now but I have no one to go with and the ballot allows for two so if I win someone on here will be lucky:icon_lol:

I won't be cyberc**t then!

Why do you always feel the need to relate everything back to you, and talk about yourself in the third person?

Well that's you off the list.:bigfinger:
PS there is an ignore function. Cyber says fill your boots :clap:

The below is from a Watford forum - the lack of understanding of us is enormous - if that's what they think then 4 goals for us in the first half & a training session in the second (with an extra goal just to ram it home)

To be fair, it's easy to see why the neutrals want The Wolfs to win. Small town team with a population of disaffected, disconnected, Brexit loving racists, with nothing to do since the slowing down of the industrial revolution in the early 20th century.

Here they are, with a chance at a Wembley final, for probably the first time in their history.

It's the classic rags to riches, David Vs Goliath. Of course the media are going to back the plucky underdogs who are massively punching above their weight.

I've spoken to a lot of Wolf fans, and despite their appalling accents, I've discerned that most realise that they will drop down the table and finish about 10th, which will be a massive success for them, and also that the Semi final is the biggest game in their recent past and probably, their near future.

The talk from the Wolfs fans on the Internet is consistent with this. They will sell their tickets out and sing their hearts out, regardless of the result. And good for them. It's the biggest day out in their town's history and the result is not important to them. It's just about enjoying the day, marvelling at the infrastructure and architecture of Brent and the surrounding Harrow areas, and going home with a few memories of a trip to a world they didn't even know existed.

The Wolfs are this season's Burnley - a motley crew of journeyman pros assembled on a shoestring, with spirit and guts, who've upset a few of the big boys along the way, whilst being schooled by the likes of Watford and Huddersfield, who know what it really means to live amongst the big boys in the Premier League. They've managed to surf a wave of pure determination and momentum, but already, there are signs that is starting to wane and I think any Wolf fans who are honest with themselves, would take 17th place next season, if offered to them now.

I have nothing but respect for the Wolfs of Molinux and hope they enjoy their day out. For Watford, it feels a bit unromantic to say, it will be simply business as usual. Get a result and hope none of our players get injured by their clogging lads.

Good luck to them for the rest of the season, except when they play us lol!

Presume that it is intended to be funny, but isn't really.

Already been posted but it screams of someone who thinks they're hilarious and writing a biting piece of sporting satire. Embarrassing really.

Already been posted but it screams of someone who thinks they're hilarious and writing a biting piece of sporting satire. Embarrassing really.

Missed the earlier post then, but funny & embarassing at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back