• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Welbeck too if fit, always looks better for England than club.

This lithuanian team must be league two level at best..boring game

If fit he goes.

Hart
Butland

Baines
Shaw
Smalling
Cahill
Stones
Clyne

Wilshire
Carrick
Milner
Henderson
Barkley
Sterling
Walcott
Oxlade

Rooney
Sturridge
Kane

I think those are all nailed on, if fit.

I think you can add Jones and Welbeck to the certainties if fit list

Well. Not a lot can be said about that. Absolutely routine job against very very limited opponents. Job done and move on. The friendlies against the French, Germans, Spanish and Dutch will probably tell more about the team than a sweep of a group that really was a walk in the park.

I think you can add Jones and Welbeck to the certainties if fit list

Yep, as noted here, Hodgson loves Jones, has played him at RB ahead of actual right backs, starting tonight despite playing about 20 minutes all season, will definitely go if available.

The question mark on Welbeck would be that Hodgson seems to think he'll be out for a lot longer than Wenger's prognosis (which given Arsenal's history, is probably sensible). He might have very little football to prove he's ready - especially given how many attacking options Arsenal have.

Elsewhere Ukraine did end up losing to Spain so Hungary are through as best (sic) third placed team.

Elsewhere Ukraine did end up losing to Spain so Hungary are through as best (sic) third placed team.

Actually this isn't quite sealed just yet. If Kazakhstan win in Latvia tonight they will climb off the bottom of Group A. That will in turn give Turkey more points in the race for the best third placed team - as they got six points against Kazakhstan (which would count if they finish 5th) whereas they contrived to draw twice against Latvia. Therefore - if Kazakhstan AND Turkey win tonight then Turkey will go through automatically. Turkey need a point at home to Iceland to eliminate Holland completely.

Norway 1-0 up in Rome. Smashing strike by Alex Tettey.

I was just thinking that nothing was happening in this game, and then Norway score.

Watching Holland v Czech Republic, blimey what's happened to them!

Back