• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Won't it be Hodgson's normal 4-3-3?

..................Butland

Walker....Jones....Jagielka.....Gibbs

..................Shelvey
........Lallana............Barkley

The Ox..........Kane............Vardy

Could be, don't think we'd ever play Shelvey in that kind of role in a live game or against anyone of any quality though, he just isn't good enough defensively.

Ian Wright talking absolute shit as usual, Jack Butland should have played more of the qualifiers apparently. Yeah Ian, I heard you banging that drum last year when he was sat on Stoke's bench. Forster would have played if anyone you dolt.

Forster is Hart class for me, he could be england nr 1 if he can stay out of injuries..

Ian Wright talking absolute shit as usual, Jack Butland should have played more of the qualifiers apparently. Yeah Ian, I heard you banging that drum last year when he was sat on Stoke's bench. Forster would have played if anyone you dolt.

Never listen to the 'chat' before, though Ian Wright talking rubbish doesn't surprise. I was his Bank Manager in the early 90's when I worked in Croydon - he didn't talk much sense then either.

Forster is Hart class for me, he could be england nr 1 if he can stay out of injuries..

Foster is OK, similar to Butland to be honest. Neither are close to Hart though

Great strike from Ross the Boss.

Edit: Oh, deflection. Never mind.

Don't quite understand what Lithuania get out of setting up like this.

Foster is OK, similar to Butland to be honest. Neither are close to Hart though

Hart is number one for now but i think Forster has so much more potential to show

Hart is number one for now but i think Forster has so much more potential to show

Sorry Fred, I genuinely thought you meant Ben Foster.

Yeah, Frazer Forster is second in line, well was when he was fit. Still not at Hart's level mind you.

Since when have UEFA made life simple!

Worth noting Croatia would have gone through as best third team on goal difference ahead of Hungary if they hadn't been docked a point for having that swastika shaved into the pitch vs Italy. Assuming of course Ukraine don't win tonight, I don't think they will. I also don't think Turkey will lose tomorrow so Holland will be out.

Are Ukraine not going to be the third best team anyway as they have 19 points even if they lose tonight and Hungary only have 16?

Bland imo.
Walker is poor. Hope he doesn't feature in the 2nd half, or in any future squads. His ship has surely sailed now.
Also think Ox-C is trying to do far too much on his own, & is having a poor game as a result.
Both Vardy & kane have had moments they've shot when they should've passed too.

Are Ukraine not going to be the third best team anyway as they have 19 points even if they lose tonight and Hungary only have 16?

Nope. The results against the bottom team (for those in a group of six) get rubbed out. Ukraine got six against Macedonia/Luxembourg (whoever comes bottom) so they have 13 for the purposes of the playoffs if they lose. Hungary got 15 from their 8 games against everyone other than Greece.

Nope. The results against the bottom team (for those in a group of six) get rubbed out. Ukraine got six against Macedonia/Luxembourg (whoever comes bottom) so they have 13 for the purposes of the playoffs if they lose. Hungary got 15 from their 8 games against everyone other than Greece.

Ahh right didn't know that, seems a bit of a strange way to do things even if one group has 5 in it as you are just disregarding 2 results.

Ahh right didn't know that, seems a bit of a strange way to do things even if one group has 5 in it as you are just disregarding 2 results.

I know, UEFA can't make anything simple. Hungary end up benefiting because Greece lost twice to the Faroes rather than their own deeds effectively.

Kane should have made it 3-0 there. Poor attempt at the rebound

Yeah i would have thought just go on the points or average of points per game because of the group of 5. As you say nothing simple with UEFA.

For the purposes of working out the best third team I guess you have to make it all effectively groups of five. Seems a bit silly but not sure how you could do it any differently.

Hungary are going to be best third placed. Had Greece not lost to the Faroes then Hungary would be getting six points chalked off that they had scored against the Faroes and Ukraine would be through. Really feels a touch unsatisfactory but I don't see many other alternatives (bar the fucking obvious of putting France through qualifying and having equal group sizes).

Back